Reviews for Impressions
AnnabethLuna chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
This is fantastic. I love this. Even though, again, with all these new revelations, it no longer fits, I think it's perfect and this is how it should have happened. Love Annabeth's daughter-of-Athena-ness, and the talk about Cerberus.
SydneyLouWho chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
Why haven't I read this before?!

I really love this. I love the concept (another original idea from Miss Musa). I love the characterization (I've noticed that people tend to make Annabeth either too nice or too stubborn. You had a nice, happy medium. You deserve a medal for that feat). I don't know what about this fic would make you unhappy, to be honest.

I love your friendship fics a lot. Not many authors delve into the category because, honestly, the emotions are more difficult to write. You can't rely on vivid, passionate imagery to make the story interesting, but you always manage to make yours wonderful.

I've never really considered this friendship, but after reading this I like it a lot. I especially like how you portrayed Nico as being just a child (a thing most people forget). I'm a huge fan of fics exploring Nico's youth.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling now. I adore this fic. Another amazing piece of writing by my lovely wifey. &hearts

Keep Writing (please)!

Sydney
HazelPiper chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
I think your story was good, but I had no clue what part of BotL this took place in. Also, this seems very "in" their characters.
DarkHorseBlueSky chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
Cute. I always thought that Annabeth and Nico would have at least some kind of connection like that.
Loves to read books chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
nice
I am in love with Food chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
Dang. How many of your novels have been published? For something you don't think is your best work I am highly impressed.
Mission to Marzipan chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
A review!

And a favourite! Both!

I liked this very much because, well, Nico. Do I need a better reason? I also don't think that there's enough Nico/Annabeth interaction in the fandom because she would become an important part of his life, I think, just like you theorised that she would fill the Bianca-shaped hole in his life. Very astute. I also like this because it didn't go anywhere. It didn't have to be anything else or have anything going on under the surface it really was just fun with Nico and Annabeth and I appreciated that.

The trademark on Cabin Six Glare made me snort, although I don't think that's the first time I've told you that. This has made me want to go back and read the books again because you've inspired me to do so with this fic. :)

'"So Percy's the logical one?" Nico, not party to her reasoning, wondered, "We were doomed from the start, weren't we?"'

HEE. Cynicism! I like it. Your Nico is great, but I really think your Annabeth excelled in this more than anything else.

Nico's age changed from 10 at the beginning to 11 towards the end but pah. People age all the time; it's not big deal.

Now. Shouldn't you be in bed? /Eye-brow raise.

Marzipan.
Proud to be Plug chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
This is a very funny one-shot. The only problem I have with it is that the length of time needed for this to happen doesn't seem to fit in with the book. This would seem to take maybe twenty minutes, but in the book it seems to be just a few minutes between the two of them going to the shop and returning.

Apart from that, I really liked it. There's lots of funny lines, the "Cabin Six Glare (TM)" is one of my favourites. The characters are totally IC, and it moves along nicely.

It makes a valid point, too. Apart from his initial crazy period, Nico is probably more receptive to advice than most demigods, a fact which is often forgotten. Sure, he went a bit nuts, but he came back and helped Percy win the war, with the whole Styx thing.

Overall, it's better than you seem to think it is. Good goin'!

-ProudtobePlug
Nemrut chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
I absolutely loved the

"So Percy's the logical one? We were doomed from the start, weren't we?"

line. Great job
Jillian Aerist chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
I read this story. HOW THE -blank- DID I NOT REVIEW?

So, anyway. I liked it. Nico and Annabeth were IC, and the rubber ball was a nice touch. :)

"In which Nico angsts and Annabeth lectures." LOL. Loved that. :)

"She gritted her teeth and tried to distract herself before her inner dictator started crying out for a decapitation."

It's so nice to see a writer really GET Annabeth. Or Nico, for that matter. Really, the PJO series is so easy to screw with because almost no one grasps the concept of "in character".

I liked how Annabeth was trying to distract herself and Nico was having none of it; it was just so...IC I can't stop gushing about it, though you've probably noticed that.

So yeah, really well written. Nice work. ;)

-Jill J.
writewords chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
why shouldn't you be happy with it? it sounds exactly what Annabeth would think like :L :) well done
Her.Royal.Cheesyness chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
Yay! A friendship fic!

...that really wasn't sarcasm, by the way. It's because most stories seem to be centred on romance that it's nice to have something that isn't.

Anyways, nice bit of bonding and it does make sense as an extra scene. Both characterisations were well done and IC to me, what with the annoyance Annabeth feels and how Nico gradually warms up to her. It seems like Nico's starting to see her as a sister figure, a Bianca ii, which is nice.

Hmm...maybe it's just me, but I noticed parallels between this and Passionate Declarations; both have Nico angsting over his life and how he doesn't fit in etc. and a female character getting annoyed about it. Dunno what that means, except that you seem to dislike emo!Nico. XD
MirroringShadows chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
For one second, I was afraid this was romance, but it isn't. So I liked it. At last, an explanation for that random moment were Nico did something because someone else (Annabeth, of all people) asked him to. Becuase that was a really weird moment.
Olympus - 117 chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
A nice story. Yeah I agree, Annabeth and Nico must have had some sort of "bonding" to make Nico begin to trust her more.

I think that it makes perfect sense. :)

Well written.
cornthedemigoddragonridingfool chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
on line 26 you said she resisted the urge to roll my eye i believe

it is suppose to be resisted the urge to role HER eyes