Reviews for I Can Only Dream in Red
greieve chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
Cute :3
I love stories from this point of view. It leaves so much to the imagination.
K5Rakitan chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
Cute! The writing was a little jumpy and confusing, but otherwise it was intriguing. You might want to consider lengthening it to fill in the gaps and describe what he is doing while he is talking.
TimeTravellingThestral chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
I was very happy when i saw you posted another story in this series. This is fantastic, i hope for more soon.
KiraSparrow chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
D'aww. I'm a sucker for the fics where they end up in a big puppy pile.
Indigo1100 chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
Yay! Another story in this universe!

Also, more monologue-style. I like it!

The Master- his such a lovely mix between being clearly desperate with worry, and upset because he caused the problem, and well, the usual kind of himself- "God, you humans" and "I'm evil" and "your minds are too puny" and all.

Rory- wow, Rory. Mixing such lovely turns of phrase ("The Master's good now! Well, sort of. He's a bit of a wanker sometimes but he doesn't do anything worse than drawing mustaches in my comic books. A far cry from enslaving planets, right? Right? Hah hah. Hah…"), and also using that to, well, mask incredible worry, and having such a deep understanding of things. I love his second line (so, so much), and the idea expressed in the one after that, and the way that he once again goes back to 'turns of phrase' to express it. And the end- again, you're just so good at using this style to capture things. The way the repeated "I've", followed by that kind of comment, shows his actual feelings so well.

Amy- who else would say "If you want me to, I'll beat your boyfriend with a baseball bat"? The recognition of how central to her life he has been, and what that means, and thinking to call River, too.

River- so recognizable, and I agree, one line if the perfect amount for her.

And I can *imagine* the 11th Doctor in that last bit, the way he talks and all.

And, oh, the end. (Nice to have beds that can get just as big as you need them, isn't it?).

And, just the whole scenario over all. The.. the themes of it, I guess. First, with the Doctor, because the Doctor *is* the central figure there- is the one with the pressure to be "the strong one, the happy one, all the time", to be "the magic man with all the answers", and with how he acts, it's very easy to completely not think about just *how much* pressure that must be. The very palpable "lostness" of the TARDIS's other occupants here. What do you do when the person you look to for answers is the one the question is about, when the one who is looked to for help is the one who needs it? And really nice as an exploration of the value of River- someone who can be 'on the same level' as the Doctor instead of only looking up to/at him, who can be a second focus (like in an ellipse) to his center, and someone who can, therefore, help in a time like this, hold him like that and everything that that means beyond the physical.

And second with the Master, because for all that he only gets the first part, the way he is here is so clearly significant. As Rory noted, that he's hurt to, and sorry. The way he says it- "I didn't mean it. I really didn't. Not that." He says in his part (well, says the equivalent of) that he's the Doctor's prisoner, and that only draws attention to this- here, he has a clear chance to 'escape', and a clear demonstration that the possibility of it is there for him (and I can imagine it, how it could have gone that different way, mindset involved and all), but he responds in a completely different way, doesn't seem to have thought of it, even. You say "somewhat reformed", and that's right, but this shows, more than anything else, the actual measure of that, just how much he has changed. Reminds me of that one saying abut the measure of true authority being what happens when the authority *isn't* present. Wow.