Reviews for A Family's Bond
Lerrinus chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
Yay! This is *so* good! I've read all three stories in one night! Great writing, characterizations and descriptions! Keep up the awesome work! :-)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
sigh. i love your flashbacks. they really capture the period atmosphere. thx for this.
Solace chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
With over 150 Roman deities, I had never heard of the Roman god Sors before, so I had to look him up. He seems to have been considered a minor god, the god of luck. It’s interesting that LaCroix considered him a great god, perhaps to stave off bad luck? And that he had a sense of humour to make his life more challenging, so he’d never get bored with too much good luck. Couldn’t have that, now, could he? :) Perhaps that’s why LaCroix loves Nick so much. He always challenges LaCroix in a world where he has no more armies to command or power bases to build. Even LaCroix needs a reason to live, as much as he considers life a treasure. Mars made more sense for him to honour. God of war and all, and strangely, agriculture. Somehow I can’t imagine the Roman general plowing fields, however. Thank you for all of the time and effort you've put into this amazing series, foxy11814!
N.L.F chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
(New LaCroix Fan)

I love the power plays going on this story. And how resigned LaCroix is when he knows it's Nick assigned to search for Billy Myers. Nick's struggle to live in both the human and vampire worlds is fascinating. His seems to be accepting more and more that vampires have jurisdiction over some matters, humans over others. Much to Natalie's chagrin.
Nick's horror at LaCroix's "lessons" was hilarious. I can't wait to find out what those lessons are.
You're an incredibly talented writer, foxy11814. I will review your next story faster this time!
secretstories chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
I love this series that you wrote and really hope you write the next one. I love the father/son relationship
Kage Mirai chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
Wonderful I sat and read all three today. I live their relationship and honestly I don't see enough of it so I was so happy to find this. Keep up the great work.
Steppah chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Hope you write more like this. Always love LaCroix and Nick as father and son.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Maybe a great story
Queen Ame chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
Please do continue! I too am a Cousin of the Knight at heart and love the father and son relationship between LaCroix and Nick. You portray these two characters very well and should definitely write a new installment for this series.
Childoftime15 chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
I absolutely love your Forever Knight series you have, and I just got done reading A Family's Bond. I write this in hopes to persuade you to write another sequel to this series! So without further adieu, my begging.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE MAKE ANOTHER ONE! Haha, I didn't say it'd be eloquent. lol

I simply adore the father/son support in your stories, my favorite character has always been and will always be Lacroix, and I must say you've betrayed him beautifully! I've always hoped to see more fanfictions where Nicholas came back to him, but unfortunately there aren't many to ship that relationship (in the father and son sense, and have Nick submit to his dark side. xD) So thank you so much for this! i thoroughly enjoyed the trilogy of one-shots you've written. :)
byronsbrain chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
Wonderful! I've just read all three stories, I would love to find out what happens next I love the idea of Lacroix acting as daddy!
LanaJoy chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
It's not very often we get to see Nick and Lacroix getting along, so I have really been enjoying this.

I understand what you mean in your author notes. I personally don't normally see them as sexual... but more... sensual. If that makes any sense...

Either way - I would love to read more, so please post more soon.:D
fkfforever chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
I can't wait to find out what the lessons are!

Thanks
rainy day chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
great story! can't wait to read more.