Reviews for The Zhukov Connection
Loved it!
edwardfiend chapter 33 . 2/12/2013
Great story! :)
irishpixie823 chapter 33 . 12/1/2012
I really enjoyed this story. Hope you have another one like it in the works
MistressSunshine chapter 33 . 9/13/2012
What a ride! I loved how you interwove a plot into so much wonderful A-squared-ness. Your writing style was a bit odd sometimes (did the site pull out some of your break indicators?) but the characters felt entirely natural. I appreciated how you balanced Auggie's occasional frustrations and the smooth teamwork both partners put into Auggie's independence. Very well done!
agguielover chapter 33 . 8/15/2012
Loved reading it and it kept me entertained for the evening.
LesleyLu5 chapter 9 . 8/3/2012
I just discovered your CA fanfic and I am thoroughly enjoying it. :) Thanks for sharing the great Annie/Auggie stories in your head!
fbobs chapter 33 . 3/29/2012
Thank you so much for writing such a good story. I couldn't stop reading it. That was just plain outstanding.
fbobs chapter 6 . 3/29/2012
Well done.
seacat03 chapter 33 . 3/17/2012
I love your stories!
bookish327 chapter 33 . 1/28/2012
Wonderful, wonderful fic! Very well-written and well-plotted. I love how you'd occasionally throw in a little of the A/A banter that we know and love from the show (such as when Annie threatened to steal Auggie's cherry tomatoes if they fell off his plate and jokingly wouldn't back down, even when he played the "blind card"). You also did a great job at establishing realistic, loving relationships between Auggie and his parents, and it was also realistic how they welcomed Annie into their family. One could really see how she'd fit right in with Amanda and Fred. Another thing that I'd like to highlight that you did, seemingly effortlessly, was to be consistent in how you wrote your scenes. For example, if someone mentioned taking a shower, he/she did so and logically came out wrapped in a towel and then got dressed. They didn't magically suddenly appear down in the kitchen, fully dressed and with dried hair, as if they just snapped their fingers and made it so. Also, characters didn't just suddenly appear in a different room without actually, purposefully, walking there. In some fics that I've read, the authors didn't take the care that you did (or maybe their betas didn't catch such mistakes or know how to fix them) to make things occur in a logical, reasonable fashion, and I want to applaud you on your ability to not just write with excellent characterization and in a smooth, flowing manner, but also with technical proficiency, such as with the consistency in stage directions (if that term is applicable here) that I just referred to. Also, your plot with the Norway missions, the Zhukovs, how Annie and Auggie compared the money going out and coming in in the financial transactions involving the stores, etc.: all that made sense, and not every CA fanfic author can write a spy adventure that makes sense and seems plausible, believe me. But, you did. Oh, one last thing (really, the last one here) that I wanted to compliment you on was how well you wrote the realities of Auggie's life and how Annie supports and assists him. He gets frustrated and melts down at times, and she loses her cool and says frustrated, blunt things, too, but you wrote their feelings and reactions in a real, honest manner. Also, you never, in ANY scenes that I noticed, omitted the techniques that Auggie would do to get around (such as trailing his hand around the side of the car to meet Annie at the end of it) and the assists that Annie would provide for him (such as telling him where things were on his plate, putting his hand on her chair back so he could pull out her chair for her, and also researching the tool that would make it easier for them to jog together). You never made it seem magical and other-worldly, how they operated together, day in and day out; you showed how much planning and care went into it, but you didn't make a big deal out of it, either. You just noted these things and kept the story moving along. They're just a couple in love, but with more challenges and also more skills than the average "cute couple," as you had the Chicago FBI guy so aptly refer to them. :-)

My only regret is that they didn't actually make any more tangible steps forward in their relationship, such as deciding to move in together, by the end of the fic. I think that Auggie was about to introduce that topic when his phone rang and interrupted him during one of the later chapters, but I'm one of those relentless shippers who's never happy unless Auggie and Annie are moving in together, getting engaged, or actually getting married. I know, nothing ever makes readers like me happy; we always want more. :-)

Again, great writing! I think you still have one more fic that I haven't read archived here, and I plan to start that tomorrow, if all works out well (the following day, at the latest).
bookish327 chapter 15 . 1/27/2012
I've been enjoying all of this fic so far (as I thought I would, judging from the first story of yours that I read), and I'm sorry that I haven't written more reviews up until now. However, I did make myself stop reading and write this one because I especially enjoyed how you wrote Auggie's dad in this chapter. He's got a lot of personality, which makes sense considering the charming, funny son he helped to raise, and I really enjoyed his conversations with Auggie in this chapter, most especially his comments about women being mysterious and not trying to understand them and also the women holding out on them where the cookies were concerned. I really, really like how you write him, Annie, and Auggie. (Amanda is still pretty intimidating, in my opinion, no matter how down-to-earth she might be in some ways.)

My mom used to have Bunco parties when I was growing up (although they switched from Bunco to Yahtzee because it required less concentration and more time for socializing, I think they said). Anyway, my memories of their Bunco night were very similar to what you depicted here: a lot of noisy giggling, food, and fun (though we were supposed to either be in bed for most of them or out of the house with our father somewhere, similar to Auggie and Fred being sequestered upstairs). So, I wanted to compliment you on how authentically you described this Bunco Night. Good job.
AnnieLovesToRead chapter 33 . 1/21/2012
This is a good story. Enjoyed it.
krjemb chapter 6 . 1/9/2012
I've had lunch at Citronelle. It was delicious.
SD chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
Over the last few days, I've read both of your stories, and I just have to tell you, I love your version of Auggie and Annie. I can tell you've really gotten to know the characters, especially in this second story. You've got their "voices" down perfectly.

You also seem to have really done your research on adaptive techniques. The tethered running was a great addition, I hope you'll do more "outside the box" things like that in future stories. I can see Annie being a great motivator for Auggie to stretch himself and maybe get out of some of his comfortable ruts.
Semper a Lamia chapter 33 . 7/21/2011
i loved both of your stories, i hope you post more soon!