Reviews for Life with the Shortmans
Hope you update soon, your writing is quite addicting to read :)
Nairobi-Harper chapter 3 . 8/7/2015
I just love Zack's character, lol. He's just as sarcastic as his mother!

Amanda is just adorable, can't wait to see more of the Shortman's in the future!

Sorry that took me a million years to review this again.
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 30 . 8/1/2015
As usual, pretty cool job. Great scenes with all the characters, and I especially liked Arnold and Helga's scene.

Keep the good writing
deeznuts chapter 29 . 7/21/2015
I love your writing, please never stop! uwu
burn-a-dark-soul5000 chapter 4 . 6/22/2015
Awe I like those crazy kids! XD X3
burn-a-dark-soul5000 chapter 1 . 6/22/2015
Awe. At least she got the jar opened! X3
Nairobi-Harper chapter 1 . 6/19/2015
This was a quite interesting wayh to begin your story. I'm taking that Amanda is either the youngest or one of the youngest in the family.
Guest chapter 28 . 6/13/2015
I think Arnold would maybe get a vasectomy
Guest chapter 29 . 6/8/2015
So what other ways was pink incorporated in their wedding? ;0
Guest chapter 29 . 5/30/2015
I love how you write Arnold and Helga's relationship and how they understand each other so much! It really shows when he comforts her, just like when they were kids.

Zach the lady's man xD seems his raging hormones are starting to get the best of him!

I kinda understand where Elli's coming from. I also got anxiety talking to kids as well,and still do.
I wonder how Amanda and Elli are going to become friends :U
Goldenbutterfly chapter 2 . 4/23/2015
How you ended it with the one liner there was priceless. That IS some potent stuff!
Goldenbutterfly chapter 1 . 4/23/2015
Hello. First time reading this. Love the whole "Hey Arnold!" Series so I went back to it after a while of working and saw people swarming to your story.

Btw, you have a great sense of writing.

Anyways, I'll just comment here and wait to comment again at latest; or close to the latest chapter. So here I go with my thoughts on this (you may skip this if you like):

Amanda - The little shrimp actually has a good punch there. My Gawd, did everyone inherit Helga's strength?!
Phil - Not as fast as your Dad, eh Shortman? Nice of 'your parents' to have thought up that particular name. Also, yeah, that conscience thing does get annoying sometimes. Try to make friends with it, though, since it can save your butt. OH wait, maybe your Dad has that covered in some future 'talk'. lol
Zack - I actually spoiled myself by seeing the fanart/comics of this guy in particular (but at least that got me coming here lol!...No, no, not because of the nude scene...) interacting with his dad, mostly. I really do hope I see something of his Dad in him, too.

That's all. I like to read good stories so much that I go through them within 1 or 3 days, tops. Depending how busy I am, I might actually get a chance to comment later in the near future. Ain't that nice? Well, have a good day/night!
puffball17 chapter 29 . 4/9/2015
NICE TRY, COLDBLUE! trying to lure me in to a false sense of security appealing to my ego, are ya? WELL, I'M NOT FALLING FOR IT! YOUR EVIL, I SAY! EVIL!

Yay, Singers back with a new chapter! Sorry it took me so long to review. I was sick with a fever of 102 and spend most of the last week or so sleeping. Then my mom got me the Sims 4 to help me feel better and that really hasn't helped me get to my to-do list any faster.

Oh, deer lord! The sewer king's still alive?! My god he's never going away is he? Of course not... Even after he dies he'll just take his place among the many phantoms that inhabit Hillwood. Oh no, now I'm going to spend the rest of the day daydreaming about A.J. and Marcus dragging Ilsa and Ingrid down into the sewer to investigate the origins of the urban legend 'The Phantom of the Sewer King', who is said to have been eaten alive by the very rats he once ruled over. Ingrid would be talking tuff like 'There's no such things as ghosts, you idiots!' but then at the first unexplained noise she jumps like a foot and screams her head off. Isla would be more scared of the rats- well, she would be if she weren't so preoccupied with worrying about getting her shoes dirty. CRAP, it's started already! Seriously, I need to stop!

Ahhh, and we start off right away with the complete pandemonium that is dinner at the Shortman house- fights, food fight, screaming, laughing, Phil. I don't now why I find it all so satisfying. for some reason I just feel most at home in complete chaos... I'm not sure what that says about me, but...

GOD DANM IT, with the teasing, already! I mean, my god! What is with Josh and this pendent he's got? and not to mention his rapidly changing personality? He's happy, but he's angry, now he's angsty... I MUST KNOW MORE! You do this on purpose! Even though you know it's going to be forever till Ham's chapters. Your evil. I hate you.

YAY! More chaos at the grocery store! Where are you from, by the way, that they call a grocery store 'a grocery'? This seriously takes me back to my childhood. The unending boredom that was a visit to the grocery store with my mother. It was agony, indeed.

The contrast between Amanda and Helga; and Elli and Patty is perfect. Elli not liking Amanda at first is just perfect. I can't wait to find out more about the origins between these two.

OMG! Kate! I love her! Singr, seriously, you need to stop making so many lovable characters! Keeping my top 100 favorite character list organized is becoming impossible! Seriously, though, she's fuckin adorable, and it's not just because of the world's desperate need for more trans representation, I sincerely am in love with this girl. She's sassy and sarcastic and yet still shy and bashful. Do we get to see more of her? Tell me her and Zack date for a while, please! What's her birth name? Who are her parents? What's her favorite color? Do you think she would be my friend? Can I have her number?

Oh, so teasing me about Ham wasn't enough to satisfy you? Gotta start teasing me about Phil's backstory, now? Of course! Sara's not in this chapter. GOTTA GET YOUR FIX SOMEWHERE, DON'T YA!... Hate you, so much.

I loved this whole chapter. All the big brotherness tword Amanda is adorable. Phil getting all over protective makes me smile, and the whole scene with Josh and 'Manda in the car is precise, and so is Zack springing into action when he heard that Amanda was sad. The Whole chapter felt very... balanced? if that makes sense? I fell like it had the perfect amount of everything that I love about this story. The family-ness, the chaos-ness, the awesome-ness, the cute-ness and the appearances of amazing side characters. Awesome chapter! I feel very satisfied.

Okay, question time! I know we already did this with Phoebe, but Patty has always been one of my favorite characters, so I have to ask. What's her job? has it been said? It made sense when found out Arnold was a teacher because in the original series he teaches so many people in so many episodes, and Patty does the same in a lot of her episodes, so I was half expecting her to be the preschool teacher. Wait, does she even have a job? I know her and Harold have money problems even though they only have one child (that I know of). Is she just a stay at home mom?
cocoachips chapter 29 . 4/3/2015
Arnold and Helga need to remember to lock their doors(/)
I wonder any of their other kids have walked in on them?
Jamesbondfan2016 chapter 29 . 4/3/2015
Oh, that was great! Keep writing! I love the way you portray Arnold and Helga's marriage. You make it so real and so them! Keep going!