Reviews for Happily Ever After is so Once Upon a Time
G.A. AnimeFan4 chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
That was so sad and cute at the same time! I hope Aki was able to help Sherry. Great job!
Melan Anime chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
WOW! I totaly love the Crow-Sherry couple! i want to see those photos with the cake and the "Sherry loves Crow."... you have them..? or you have any link for the pics?
I really enjoy this story!
slyfer60 chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
I agree with the crow\sherry couple thing.
Dragon C. Chan chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
awww Poor Sherry.. [hugs and get karate chopped by Sherry] o.o
LostOzian chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Ooooh, I do love this. Everything melded really nicely, and each section had it's own flavor to it. I'm reading and re-reading as I write.

The Yusei one is a very simple scene, but it reads like something in a high-stakes-suspense story. You drew a lot of attention to Yusei's strong points: "shooting star," dueling skill, but you also use the word "golden." It reminded me of the term "golden boy," which at least for me, has connotations of virginity and high moral standards. Once Sherry's intentions are clear, in barely half a screen of text, I'm going, "Oh my god oh no oh no Yusei don't do it aaaaagh!" Building that much suspense that quickly takes skill. Great job.

I'm not actually a fan of BrunoxSherry. They just keep getting thrown together, like they usually share space in the openings, but they barely had any interaction since they met, and it just felt weird. Granted, that's in-show, and in-fic, BrunoxSherry takes a whole new meaning. Bruno's section feels sad, because they're talking about memories, and lack thereof, haunt them. Bruno's impulse to hug her is very in-character for him, the pacifist (and very nice touch calling his kiss electric... because, y'know, he's a robot XD). I think this section works because this is the first time someone has cared for Sherry. Mizoguchi has got his Battle Butler thing going on, but Bruno actually feels for Sherry. You also make a good point that kissing Bruno will NOT help her achieve her revenge. She just wants to.

CrowxSherry is my OTP. I think it's the canon pairing that didn't happen because Zexal had to start. I ship them because it seems like they've got a common motif-the wind. Sherry claims the ability to read someone's heart in a riding duel, and Crow's synchro chants are full of references to wind and flight. And then they're one of the main couples in a giant AU I'm writing, but enough about me. (I just love CrowxSherry so so much!)

The Crow section is where the jaded Sherry comes back again. The details of sex you chose to focus on, like the pain, the sweat, and nakedness, showcase Sherry's regret beautifully. I also like how you play that against the romantic Crow. He seems too low-class to be romantic, but he takes care of children, and he's really comfortable just playing with them. It's like he's a kid himself. When it comes to love, Crow still has some fairy tale idealism that Sherry lost years ago. I also like that he feels comfortable saying "I love you." He does have the benefit of being a guy, so no pain there, but the sweat and vulnerability doesn't bother him. Even if he's not right for Sherry, he's open with her, and it's a bit of a reversal from the BrunoxSherry before. Sherry fell for Bruno, but they apparently didn't get very far, since Crow was Sherry's first. Before, the attraction seemed based on raw, open pain, and addressing how much it hurts, though neither really addressed love. Crow checks to make sure there's no pain, but Sherry can easily lie: it's all love without addressing past pain. The comment that no one even noticed Sherry's life falling apart stings. I want to think better of my boy Crow, but sadly, that's not the case. Definitely a good addition.

Of COURSE there was going to be SherryxAki. :D That blush meant something! This section started out cute, cute, cute, "men, who needs them?" but then suddenly took a more serious turn when Aki pinpoints Sherry's pain. Obviously, she noticed Sherry's life falling apart, but Sherry didn't notice she noticed. The shock of hearing her life so clearly spelled out was very effective. I had a moment where I wondered, "When did Aki get so wise?" and then you addressed that almost instantly, as Aki explains you have to know and love yourself before you can love someone else. "Trust me, I know." Her experiences with hatred more closely parallel Sherry's than I had thought before. Hate is just hate. It doesn't matter who it's directed at or why, hate infects everyone in a similar way. VERY powerful.

Favorite'd. This was an absolute joy to read. I love fics that get inside people's heads and finds out what makes them tick, and you wrote an amazing Sherry here. - LostOzian
ChocolateLizz chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
I wanna see a pic of them holding that cake. xD

Anyways, I love this story! It's so cute! :)
Vertices chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
I love this! I think Sherry having trust issues is very true-to-character, poor dear. The Crow/Sherry bit was my favorite, even if it was sad. He absolutely would be romantic ahhhhhh

I've never heard of this cake! Although I'm really interested in it now hahaha. Do you have a source or anything for this? Because I'd really like to see :)
Star-Rose Lover chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
Yeah I always thought Sherry kinda got the short end of the stick because of her revenge thing :/

But anyways, its a great story. I hope you do more of these!
Mixer18 chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
Not many stories feature Sherry in this kind of light.
Lotusnapper chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
Excellent as always. I really like how Sherry goes through all those relationships to only realise that she should be able to like herself first. I don't think there was too much choices, it was either Bruno, or Crow who she was really in a relationship with, Yusei and Aki I felt more like friends, but good story none the less.

Well written and much enjoyed.