Reviews for An unlikely pairing
Guest chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
I enjoyed the story. It was well written. the only issue was always having to look up the words at the end. It was creative, but maybe next time include the meaning in parentheses. The language was incredibly intelligent. The various lengths of sentences were great for keeping my attention. I now think that River and Jayne are a cute couple. You convinced me of that. Keep writing fan fictions and I will look for more of you work. You could be an author and sell books for a living. I am a huge Firefly fan too. I have seem every episode and the Serenity movie also. This is the best fan fiction I have read in a long time.
michelann chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
I liked the story, itself. The grammar needs a bit of work. It is a good story.
Julius Night chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
Truly awesome work! One of the best Firefly fics that I have ever read!
Tince chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
This was just so, so, so beautifully written. An absolute treat :D

A potential sequel - with more River/Jayne - please?
lynxzpanther chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
I had a feeling that was the secret.

Wow. Just, wow. Amazing. I had a suspicion that those two could be awesomely written into a fic together if it was just done properly, and this was amazing. Everything I'd hoped for and more. ) They're so cute. :D Jayne's a totally caring guy, he just tries not to be. )

Brilliant.
RionaEire chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
I almost quit reading several times, but something kept me going, I think it was the "friendship" label on the stats, you didn't say "romance" so I chose to trust you. It was very well written, your voice is clear and easy to read while still conveying a clever author's descriptions and actions. I'm glad you kept it chaste, other wise I wouldn't have read because I don't like Rayne stories. I'm glad everyone is accepting River at the end, yes she's touched, but she's also loyal, brave, brilliant, and talented and can do things that no one else can and she deserves respect and love from her ship family. I think that Simon would have to trust Jayne completely for him to be okay with the sleeping arrangement, he'd have to be sure that they are just sleeping and not doing other things, he'd have to be sure that nothing improper is going on. I think it would take Simon a while to trust Jayne like that. Maybe he might suggest that if the two want to share a bed they could get a couch for the common area that turns into a bed, you know, the kind that folds out? I don't know, I just know that if I were River's caregiver I'd have a hard time trusting Jayne, but could I eventually? ... I don't know. I liked this story because it outlined a deep and meaningful friendship between River and Jayne and I kind of enjoy stories like that, where they are good friends. They do have certain things in common and certain things that are opposite, I think they could become great friends with a deep connection, and I see in your story Jayne's protectiveness of her which I could definitely picture since they're on the same ship all the time. I like how you refer to Wash's "essence" great choice of words. I'm glad River was able to help said essence settle down and that Zoe is pregnant.

Riona
Freyalyn chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Very sweet little story, and all nicely in character (except for Mal not flying off the handle when informed of River's nighttime wanderings). Thank you for sharing.
whisperkey chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
great great story. saw no errors.
jenefaner chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
I like this!
Selina chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
It's a lovely piece. It does merit a sequel. Pleeeeaaaaseee!
ashie-loves-hiei-and-kags chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
Yay! i really enjoyed reading this! i loooove Rayne pairings :-D great job! thank you so much! ps. i loved how jayne can almost read rivers mind :-)
Ali chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
A nice build up to the start of their relationship. This is how I could see Rayne happen on ff, it would happen slowly, over time.
ModernScribe chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
Excellent! I think you toed the line between romance and friendship just right for the two of them. I don't particularly like Jayne and River as a couple, but this story has convinced me that as friends, they're perfect for each other. You also kept your characters in character well. I love the idea of River gravitating towards Jayne not because he's smarter than he appears, but because he's really that simple, and Jayne accepting River because she reminds him of his mother who we already know he loves dearly. It's very logical. I really like logic. And this story. Wonderful, really.