Reviews for To Be Seen
iHamster chapter 1 . 7/12/2014
Wonderfully written, and original. Your word choice was especially good, and the story left out any of the usual cliches. It wasn't rushed - you let each moment unfold with what Kurt felt and saw and thought and so on. Oh, and describing the intensity and tension in characters' voices is really powerful, better than the actual words being said. It's just a small peak at all the underlying desperation and emotion Burt and Blaine are experiencing, hints that Kurt himself heartbreakingly doesn't understand.
SimplyHope chapter 2 . 7/28/2013
I just wanted to thank you for sharing this. You said in your author's note that it help a deep personal meaning to you and that you were nervous to share this. Thank you for having the courage to post this for the world to see. This story really struck a chord with me and holds a lot of meaning to me as well. Just...thank you.
Ionaadsila chapter 2 . 6/26/2013
Seriously good. And so close to home, pushing so many buttons, drawing out so many memories. Well written, your experience with the subject matter shows.
xsugarspice chapter 2 . 2/2/2013
This was beautifully written. A portrayal of depression so believable, that it felt real.

Please continue to write, the world needs more talented people, like you.
soratanaka chapter 2 . 1/5/2012
This story hits pretty close to home, and that is probably partly why I was so enchanted by it. Well written, very believable, not over-dramatic and not too short nor long. Just simple, yet not entirely, considering the heavy subject. But everything turned out well this time, and you should be proud of your work.
f-lero chapter 2 . 12/28/2011
Oh god. I don't know what to say.

This was... wow. This was really sad and heart-breaking and I loved the ending and Blaine and aslksjdsfkjsafsdk I don't know I'm just crying here and being all emotional wreck.

I loved this.
KellyM94 chapter 2 . 12/5/2011
And I was right. I love this half just as much as the first half. This is without a doubt one of the best fanfics I've ever read. It hurt to read but god was it good.
KellyM94 chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
I don't review things...honestly I've reviewed maybe 4 or 5 stories but I couldn't read this and not review. This story is truly stunning. The way you captured everything Kurt was feeling and made it so real was amazing. I only pray it's not because you've ever felt like that. I really am at a loss for words to tell you how great I think this story is. I almost want to say bittersweet but a stronger version of that because it hurt to read because I know all the emotions Kurt is feeling and to go back to feeling that way for me was almost painful but it was so good I couldn't stop reading. I'm about to read the second part but I don't doubt that it will be as superb as the first. Your writing and this story is great.
VanillaSlash chapter 2 . 9/14/2011
That was an amazing portrayal of depression. I think you handled it brilliantly without going into theatrics or leaning towards the other side where the character somehow just "snaps out of it". You had perfect balance all the way through, and showed us not only Kurt's thoughts, but the actions and thoughts reflected in them of others. Just beautifully done, I have no words. I liked this a lot.
matchbookjealousy chapter 2 . 8/21/2011
ugh and now i'm crying again.

oh, kurtie-pie baby! TT *glomps*

this is just so sad!

and blaine laying with him! so sweet! i loved that!

and burt holding him! that was so great! i love burt! and i love their relationship!

and all of the things blaine said about how scared he was! *hugs blaine too*

and then finn being sad too! seeing finn sad is like seeing a kicked puppy dog! especially after kurt went to dalton after he'd screwed up in the beginning on "furt"! soo sad! don't feel bad, finny! it's not your fault!

omg, just this story is so intense! even with its two chapters!

this is just so so raw, emoryems! i just want to hold kurt forever and tell him i love him and find something to make him smile again! *glomps*

you've done such a great job with this story, emoryems! really nice work! i hope if you (or someone you know) went through something/any-thing like this, you/they're much happier now! *hugs* :)
matchbookjealousy chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
i'm totally crying right now! this is depressingly well-written, emoryems. i don't even know how to respond to it...

oh my god, kurt! no! nononono! you can't do it, kurt! no! you can't leave us! you just can't! TT

i love blaine! he's so caring and sweet and gentle and ugh, i just LOVE him! blaine (okay, well, technically it's darren criss' voice) should run a suicide hotline for everyone and everyone (but starting with the trevor project!).

and blaine wanting kurt to sing for him? sooo saaad! but soo sweet!

this was such a great first chapter, emoryems! i'm going to go on to ch 2 now, but i knew i just couldn't go on without telling you all of this first! *hugs everyone!* TT
Charmina chapter 2 . 6/30/2011
That was some amazing writing. So beautifully sad and the way you wrote it kind of took me back a couple of years to a time when I was in a really dark place. All the emotions and thoughts just fit so perfectly. Amazing writing, really. Nothing could have made it better.
Thoughts of a Fallen Angel chapter 2 . 6/26/2011
*cries* Makes me really, really sad.

I really think you should continue this, like make obtacles for him to get over and stuff- it would really be excellent:D

Good Job, thanks for this,

Thoughts Of A Fallen Angel:3
Unfortunate Fates chapter 2 . 6/26/2011
That was heartbreaking, it really was. Especially in the first chapter, you write the angst so, so well. This
iHamster chapter 2 . 6/24/2011
Well, this was a VERY interesting read - as macabre as it seems, I really like to read attempted suicide fics. It's like a guilty pleasure or something. You wrote this so well; good job.