Reviews for HR 7L Lady Petrilla
gateway guest chapter 25 . 1/7/2014
To discover such a large number of Dragonrider of Pern stories is exciting. To find an author as well-versed in the lore is enervating. To further be able to slip into "The Continuing Stories of High Reaches Weyr" is a dream come true.

Each tale is a history by itself. Each person's story stands alone. Yet, where there is overlap, still no scene is truncated. It's like reliving that experience. References to canon material, interspersed throughout are aids to understanding where in the ORIGINAL TIMELINE each book occurs.

Every time a Lord (or any) Holder, Dragonrider, or Craftmaster is mentioned, his (or her) character is recognisable as canon. And every original character is entirely believable in this Universe.

While I don't presume to have the imagination to craft such wonderful stories, I know the WORLD of Pern well enough to recognize when someone else does.

I find myself wondering, through series 2, 3, 4, 5, etc, whether Anne McCaffrey is testing new things before submitting them to her Publisher.

senora dot lopez yahoo dot com

Ps. I am a trifle picky about grammar and the correct uses of "I vs me" so it is enjoyable to read non-US(aka British) works who have a greater schooling the language. (And this from a U.S. citizen, born and raised.)

Pss. I read stories from other genres and somewhere was written: "It was not to born." I believe there should be an 'e' in borne. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. (I just need to be validated.)

Thanks.
dinopoodle chapter 25 . 5/15/2013
Oh wow! You continue to impress with your writing! great work. I think your stories are involved and have a lot of depth to them. This is so big a talent for you I keep finding myself drawn in and unable to remember to leave a comment until surprise I am at the end. Wonderful!
wendums chapter 25 . 10/14/2011
lovely story and very entertaining.
wendums chapter 23 . 10/14/2011
you have me gobsmacked again. Folk have spent 50 turns n over telling me I talk too much but your stories keep me too engrossed to chat at all. i am soooo ignorant. You just keep writing so I can keep reading. Any new Pern stories I will review every chapter but older ones are mainly reviewed. As I have stated before I am only a reader not a writer so just review as that not your peer. Thankyou for another brill story.
wendums chapter 22 . 10/14/2011
OMG. How and where do your ideas come from. Your imagination is amazing. I have collected a few waifs n strays and wonderful step-daughters along the way so can empathise with your writing. I have come across many of these scenaros in England. I spent my early teens in care. Stuff like this happens all over Europe and US not just'3rd world' countries. I have just settled myself after a half turn in a refuge and the 'civilised' world can be a harsh place. Your stories are Fiction but please Readers be aware these things are happening in your street,area often so well hidden so please let us all be wary logicators, but also bear in mind that when Social Services make mistakes the innocent are the ones who suffer. If I could award an award to you Writer then I would. I suppose good honest reviews will be your reward.
Breeze88 chapter 25 . 5/24/2011
Like all of your stories, this one was wonderfully written!
Geowyn chapter 25 . 5/11/2011
I can't thank you enough for your wonderful stories, I devour each chapter as soon as it is posted.

T'lana was my favourite character for a long time, along with T'rin and the logicators(fabulous word by the way), but all your characters are so well written they become real. I don't read your stories, I live them!

And now Petrilla, a Lady in every sense of the word. I loved her as soon as you introduced her, she is someone I would love to meet and share a jug of klah with.

As the story progressed I had hoped she would not Impress, I thought she would be better suited to the life she already had, but how could I complain about the way she Impressed Delyth? It was absolutely perfect, and P'rilla and her family's move to High Reaches was a wonderful way to end such a good story.

Quite honestly I don't care which of your stories you post next, you write so well I would read a story about the Rocks and Plants of Pern should you write one!

Many thanks again for your tales and your characters.

Geowyn.
Scendera chapter 25 . 5/11/2011
Honestly, I'd like to see what happens for Felerel. Not that I don't already suspect it's coming, but...

Also...your stories are crack! I just can't stop reading!
Queen of the Jungle chapter 25 . 5/11/2011
wonderful. and I can't decide what I want first! I want them all! but I may be able to lean towards the Artists!
Queen of the Jungle chapter 24 . 5/10/2011
I liked Lord Laudey. I'm really crossing my fingers that Delyth will be big enough for P'rilla to ride!
Queen of the Jungle chapter 23 . 5/9/2011
P'rilla seems to have landed herself in it. how's she going to explain this one to Lord Laudey?

and I like your idea on how to console the bereft.
Nocte Furorem chapter 21 . 5/9/2011
This is twice now that you have used chained out in threadfall as a method of execution and the only Pern stories I've ever seen them in are yours. What a nasty way to go! And a perfect deterrent for anyone else planning similar crimes. While it is an appropriately grisly way to get rid of the trash, I'm thinking that the ones performing the execution will have to coordinate with the dragonriders. They will have to let them know what's going on in order to let a bit through.
Queen of the Jungle chapter 22 . 5/9/2011
wow, completely unexpected. yikes. wow.
Nocte Furorem chapter 22 . 5/8/2011
Nice. I thought something like that was going to happen, although I thought it would be Chorlo who unexpectedly Impressed from the stands.
Queen of the Jungle chapter 21 . 5/7/2011
yuck, a disgusting business all around. I'm glad it worked out well for Merina though.

will Petrilla have Ileane and Illas join her in her cavern so that she can watch over Ileane whilst Illas is out fishing?
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »