Reviews for The Missing General
owlcitylover chapter 8 . 9/11/2014
EEEEEEEEEE! please please PLEASE finish this i love it! One of my favorite stories on here
Musa1992 chapter 8 . 11/3/2013
Dude! Is there a sequel or something to this? Cuz i NEED NEED NEED to finish this! This story is SO AWESOME I JUST FREAKING LOVE IT SOO MUCH!
Musa1992 chapter 3 . 11/3/2013
Haa haa! LOL! I loves Mustang's reaction!
Leocht chapter 7 . 7/5/2013
Did you change the timeline for this? Because Roy was 29 when Ed was 16 and if Elias was born in 1920 and Ed's 34, since he was supposed to have been born in 1899 then wouldn't he be 14? I'm kinda confused here.
Firefly264 chapter 8 . 1/2/2013
This is really good please update soon!
kakashifan7 chapter 8 . 9/8/2012
Really interesting story of Roy's past! I love Roy's and Ed's relationship with each other. I hope you'll update soon! I'll try to wait patiently!
lotrprincess chapter 8 . 8/13/2012
This is hilarious! The plot is pretty good, and I really like how you incorporated Mustang's past into it. It's no leap to imagine him having Xingese blood.

My favorite part was in ch. 2, when you indirectly mentioned the Mustache of Doom. I think I might count that explanation as canon from now on, both because I hate the Doom-stache and because I can easily imagine Ed drawing something ugly on Roy's picture.

I'd beg for an update, but seeing as how it's already been about a year...
Wolftimber chapter 8 . 6/5/2012
Wow, really well done! I hope you are planning on continuing this story!
Pajaro Negro chapter 3 . 7/10/2011
I like the geography talk. Random comment, I guess, but I do!
Pajaro Negro chapter 2 . 7/10/2011
Reading more, I still agree with my first review saying that you need to work on your Winry.

This part, for example:

"If a woman like Riza Hawkeye could help someone reach their goal, then so could she. Mentally, Winry began to think up the rough draft of a basic automail arm."

You are trying to stitch together cause and effect, but I don't buy it. I do believe Riza influenced Winry, but you make it seem like Winry drew up blueprints for Ed's arm based on this interaction. It's not canon at all. Ed himself was the one to suggest automail and Pinako was the expert designer at this stage.

I only complain about this because the rest of the characterizations are fine. Your writing in general is entertaining and I like the plot you're building. If you're this good now, you can definitely improve, so I feel free to complain about the one character that seems off.

(By the way, Den is female. I forgot to mention that last time.)
Pajaro Negro chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
I was liking the story, but you need to work on your Winry characterization. I don't like the wrench throwing at the back of Ed's head in front of their kids. It's too much of a gag, out-of-character with older Winry, and not something that I can reasonably believe canon Winry would do as a parent.

Even if you go by anime Winry (who threw wrenches at Ed much more often than manga Winry), Winry only throws stuff at Ed in the early part of the series.

It is jarring when fanfic authors overuse things that characters come to be associated with. Instead of funny, it just comes off as weird.
S J Smith-Evil Little Dog chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
This is a great opening for your story. I love that Ed's still friends with Havoc and Breda, enough that the kids refer to them as 'uncle'.

Really sweet.
D. M. Evans chapter 4 . 5/24/2011
I enjoyed the last few chapters with them looking for clues to where Roy has gone. I like Roy's son. I'm looking forward to finding time to read the rest

(cornerofmadness on LJ)
D. M. Evans chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Very nice start. I love the family life and how Roy works within that family (and how it's a tipoff to Ed where to find the first clues)

It's an interesting premise, looking forward to more

(cornerofmadness on LJ)
Fabi Washu chapter 6 . 4/21/2011
I'm enjoying a lot this fic. They way you are building it,using a part narrating events in Ametris, events in Xing in the past and now, are very interesting. The plot itself is very addicting, because Arakawa let Roy's past open, so we can conjecture a lot.

Please, continue this way! The suspense of the plot is great!