Reviews for The Duellist
HPMARIE chapter 1 . 6/22
Love it!
Moby chapter 1 . 4/24
This is amazing! I'd love to see a continuation of this!
Lord Sia chapter 1 . 4/16
Promising start. I hope you'll continue it one day - this seems like a Harry Potter who won't win by the power of author fiat, and probably make things interesting along the way.
iamAdisco chapter 1 . 12/26/2015
Ah, I wish you'd continued.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/22/2015
Nice!
sunsethill chapter 1 . 8/29/2015
This story made good use of Harry's natural talent in DADA and I can easily see this being the thing to jump start Harry out of his complacency. But in a story like this, I also like to know why Draco's actions changed. In canon, this was a set up to get Harry caught by Filch. The story would have been improved by having something happen to make Draco feel he needed to actually show up. Thanks for the fun "what if" story.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/19/2015
"Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind, either. There's talent, oh yes. And a thirst to prove yourself."

It's nice to see a Harry that reflects the qualities the Sorting Hat said he had. Rowling certainly didn't write him that way (dumb, lazy, excessively lucky wimp) and neither do many fanfic authors. (Super!Harry, no thanks)

You're absolutely right about Duelling being cooler than Quidditch (crap idea from the outset) and far more useful in whatever altercations come Harry's way. He also won't need professional quality gear to succeed in school-age sport.

I hope someday you'll continue this. I'd certainly read it.
riptocs chapter 1 . 6/19/2015
I really do hope to see this one continued soon!
I love that they stomped Malfoy lol
ews1 chapter 1 . 6/3/2015
Id definitely want to see this built into a full story.
redstickbonbon chapter 1 . 3/6/2015
I really like this story. I had read it before, and only recently found it again. Harry showing an interest, and learning on his own, without Hermione directing him as is common in way too many fics, is a real pleasure to read.

And Hermione's appearance is relatively minor, but you wrote her so well. You might be onto the reason why she was friendless before Hogwarts...no one likes a tattletale. Especially one who demands information, and is bossy and condescending.

Ron's personality was spot on too, I think.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/1/2015
Oooo. Very nice take on it.
Samwise O'Keefe chapter 1 . 2/19/2015
In the books harry is a character who has things done to him.
It's nice to think he might make choices.
RisingDaemon chapter 1 . 2/13/2015
would love for this to turn into a full story

just be sure to make his progress slowish. it's no fun if you skip development.

Rising
rlchala chapter 1 . 1/13/2015
I found myself wishing that this was the path taken by Rowling while writing the midnight duel. For all my love for Harry, he is not very proactive, and his character would've been more "baddass hero" less "angsty teen" if he was portrayed like you wrote him.

It would be awesome if you could expand on this.
crackdmoon chapter 1 . 12/13/2014
I really think this should be expanded, it has a lot of potential. A realistic talented!Harry, for one.