Reviews for The Meaning of Love
Pls write more! I want to know what happens! XD
SpArKeX chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
T-T Sooooo... (snifle) Sad UG THERE SUCH LOW LIFED SELF CENTERD A*S H*LES
5-stepsbehind chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
You don't compliment yourself enough! It actually pretty good! Better than my stories anyway...T.T But I didn't review to talk about me.

Nice cliffy, lovin the angst, is this a one-shot? If so than wah! Oh well...

Your fan,

kittEfox
ElvenLove chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
This was so cute Eco!

It somehow, o.O reminded me of the fanflash you made, 'As long as your here'

o.O I swear, All the same is my favorite song now after watching that!
DBack47 chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
Oh NO! Please, I beg of you, don't leave it there! NO NONNNNO! I'm sorry, just really sad, poor Phantom and Danny loves him so much! Just imagining Danny snuggling up to a injured but smiling Phantom is just wonderful, fills my heart with fuzzies. Awww! I want a Phantom to hug too!

Wow, I am a boy, and that sounded ridiculously feminine. Ahem... Well, I must say that you and your friend make a great team. since that fan fic turned out great. I loved reading it, the quality of the writing was totally you, and it was totally hip (Technus laugh)and it was a sound fan fiction all around! Plot, great, writing, enrapturing, just really everything that makes a pitch pearl a splendid read.

In other news, please accept my gratitude. That is, I am grateful that you gave a rousing review to "can't hide nowhere to run". Thus, I wanted to merely return the favor. But...could answer a question? I honestly had thrown the story out in the trash, do you honestly think I should keep writing it.

Regaurdless of what you think, you are the one who needs to take your knack for writing and crank out more stories. DP fandom would be thrilled!

Sincerely and with all due respect

DBack47
Adi Sagestar chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
Ok, so... I hate to be the one critic in a review page full of squee, but I would have done this story differently.

My main complaint is about Danny. In my opinion, he was way too weak and hesitant. In the show, he showed strength, intelligence, and force of personality even when he couldn't change into Phantom or use his powers - for example, in that one episode (I believe it was called Pirate Radio?) where all the adults had been kidnapped, he instantly took charge and led all his classmates in a rescue attempt. I can't imagine your Danny being able to do that, not when he breaks down crying at the first sign of trouble. This personality change could be explained - when he went through the ghost catcher in Identity Crisis, the separated halves were quite different. Or maybe he started out as two people in this universe. If this is what happened, though, you might want to go into that - along with his whole origin story - a little more.

The second problem I have with this story is the pairing. Not the fact that it's slash or that it's PitchPearl - both things I'm more than fine with. It's just that here, you don't really get a feeling for the progress and history of the relationship. When did Danny first start falling in love with Phantom? What did he think, the first time he saw him as they stumbled together out of the Portal? What do his friends know? Was it scary, at first, having a ghost version of himself - a being who he had been raised to fear and hate, but who was so similar to him in so many ways? How did they learn to live with each other? What was the first time Danny noticed something about this ghostly doppelganger who was so much more powerful, so very fundamentally /different/ from himself while still being so similar that he could sometimes tell what he was thinking - what did he first notice that made his heart race? Was it a grin of delight, lit by the soft glow of Danny's flashlight as they huddled together in the dark, talking until the small hours of the morning, voices kept low so as to avoid discovery? Was it the curve of his back as he looped joyfully through the night sky? Was it the stretch of his throat, bared as he stretched on the roof of the ops center on one of the rare days when he took the risk of coming out of hiding just to see the sun? Was it the sparkle of his eyes as they collapsed laughing on the ground and thin air, respectively, after chasing a particularly stubborn ghost for ten blocks straight? What did Danny do? Did he try to repress the feeling? Did he tell one of his friends in an attempt to sort the whole confusing mess out? Did he start to stutter and catch his breath whenever he was around the other version of himself? Did Phantom notice anything? Did Phantom start to reciprocate his counterpart's feelings, and did Danny notice?

...Anyway, what I'm saying here is that while you've definitely put in some good touches here, the relationship needs more development and explaination. On the whole, I think Jack and Maddie's actions make the most sense - they probably thought Danny was being posessed or influenced by Phantom (I would say that threatening to kill yourself for a ghost is definitely acting posessed). Consequently, they're doing everything they can to get rid of him.

All in all, you've got a good story concept and some good writing here (although you occasionally overuse ellipses), you just need to think over your characters' backgrounds and personalities a bit more. Even if we don't know everything about them, you should. You've got a good start here, and I think if you practice more, you could be a really good writer.

Hope this helps you! PM if you want to ask questions or correct assumptions or yell at me! (Although I'll probably yell back!)
kirara the great chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
omg why keep writing
Pipidae chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
This is soo good. (: But the ending... How dare you not finish it? (:
blahbd chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
W.O.W. This has to best the BEST angsty romance I have EVER READ. Steph (and Katie!), this is awesome... best pairing ever, BTW! ;)

Loved the twist at the end, it gave me chills! Poor Phantom! Just, wow...
NeverEnough15 chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
WOWWAIT WHAT?

What was that ending? I mean, where is the rest? D: Aw, man, this story is so good, and I really thought Danny and Phantom would be okay, (stupid of me to believe that) and then.. then THAT happens. :\ Damn. This is just... wow. Awesome.

Love the descriptions and emotions you two put in here, made it all really believable! 333

-NeverEnough15
Kirani56 chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
Hmmm... I'm having a hard time deciding if this story is a yaoi or brothership story...but it was EPIC nonetheless!

Nuuuuuu! Why did you have to end the story THERE? For all we know, Phantom could be dying!
spiritmind675 chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
Aww...sadface! I was like 'huh, it wasn't so sad after al-OMG WAIT NOO!'

Very nice though. Believabele reactions...hmm, all I can wonder is what went through Phantom's mind when he realized Danny was gone and had left him with his parents...*guessing he was asleep through the conversation*

Or even if he was awake...and then what Danny's going to do...*rambling*

Anyway-I liked it! Makes me want to write a oneshot...with a super possessive Phantom though...mainly because Danny is referred to as 'his human' haha.

Great job once more!
Echoheart chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
This was awesome on so many levels Steph! I loved it

But the ending... Jack and Maddie can't really be doing what I think they're doing. o_o I guess despite it all they're still ghost hunters. Ugh. That's so cruel. I'm hoping they just nusged his ribs but because of who you wrote this with I suspect otherwise.
Bluemew22 chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
...I just skimmed it but... selfcest? Is the slashfic side of the phanbase getting THAT out of ideas that they have to pair FentonxPhantom?
JuneLuxray2 chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
Geez, Danny's parents are douche bags.

I'm guessing you wrote this with Katie, Steph? XD