Reviews for Heroes of EVA: The Ties that Bind
DEADPOOL4president chapter 8 . 8/6/2011
Remember how I said dis story needs more Deadpool well it does and it needs his buddy Cable. Which makes me think...u made Makoto Cyclops and Cyclops is Cable's dad so how's that one gonna work?
hornofdesolation chapter 8 . 8/4/2011
Time to double check your facts. Terry was not a clone of Bruce though he was his genetic son. Terry's father's sperm DNA was rewritten with Bruce's DNA and like with normal reproduction Terry's DNA was made from half of Bruce's.
DEADPOOL4president chapter 7 . 7/22/2011
what up cus? I finally read your story and it's pretty cool so far but where's my man Deadpool? This story needs more katana-rama!
Grey11893 chapter 6 . 6/18/2011
Wow, Ebon's a real douche. And is Magneto leading the brotherhood, or is it someone with Magneto's powers? Oh, well I'm sure all will be answered soon, and, I have to ask, is there a certain boy from Hell in this story? Great Chapter, and keep on writing!
Grey11893 chapter 5 . 5/15/2011
Gendo AND Lex Luthor teaming up! Shinji and the gang are in a lot of trouble now! Nice update and please keep on writing.
gunman chapter 5 . 5/9/2011
Thanks for the reply.

My comment on Maya/Wasp: while I do think that Maya is a good choice to be the insect heroine, she wouldn't have been my first choice to be fighting alongside two 'X-Men'.

But that's just me.

To read this, it seems that Shinji's problems are multiplying and that's just from people finding out about his secret identity.

Gendo having that kind of knowledge is dangerous.

Honestly, Shinji's about as good at keeping a secret identity as Gohan was when he was Great Saiyan Man. (shudders at that image)

And now you've got Luthor and Kelly in on all this.

And unless I'm mistaken, they're all going to betray each other.

Honestly, you should write up a chapter where the three of them get together, their plans and scenarios exposed, and then they all try to kill each other.

After the buildup of bad guys trying to kill the good guys, it would be ironic and rather poetic to have the bad guys kill each other.

And Shinji being Shinji is justified in his fears about Misato rejecting him. Even though she, like most of NERV, is trying to use him.

And now you're going to turn Misato into She-Hulk? Guess that was to be expected, with the JetAlone (didn't someone do that already?) radiation and all. I never feel sorry for those JetAlone bastards, really.

And now Shinji's got a gang of mutants (including Toji) to deal with. At least he proved that he wasn't weak when he started coughing up blood. Or maybe he just couldn't talk.

Can't wait to see what other heroes you add to this story.

And that scene with Kaji on the computer, reminded me of the computer-chat in 'The Incredible Hulk' between 'Mr Blue' and 'Mr Green'.

Oh, and you spelled 'beret' wrong. You spelled it 'berea'.

If I missed anything, I'm sorry.

gunman chapter 4 . 5/1/2011
Wow! Not what I was expecting, but I'm not disappointed.

However, it did not surprise me that you made Rei into Shinji's enemy. Permafrost, huh? Good name.

It would have been nice to see Rei on Shinji's side, though that is kinda wishful thinking so early in the story I suppose.

Trust like that, needs to be earned.

Though I question the powers and names of the Bridge Bunnies.

Cyclops, Iceman and Wasp. Huh?

Good powers and identities for the trio. I was wondering who and what they were to be in this.

Though... Maya seemed kinda out of place since her character was not considered a mutant like the others. (I personally would have gone with either Shadowcat, or Rogue, in keeping with the whole X-Men theme)

And now Gendo has figured out Shinji's identity. Not good. Then again, he can't simply kill him as he wanted.

I truely despise Gendo for the bastard he is. Seeking to dominate and control every life on the planet just because he thinks he's the better. He's got no powers and yet he thinks that he should be running the whole damn planet.

What's more, Asuka's going to be there soon. I can only imagine how much conflict is gonna come up between her and Rei. Fire and Ice, I mean.

Also, since you've got X-Men characters mentioned in this, are you going to throw in other characters? Like Colossus? Or X-23?

Good work on this and look forward to more later on.

Grey11893 chapter 4 . 4/30/2011
$#its about to hit the fan, now that Gendo knows about Shinji being Static! Thanks for the shout out! On that note, it may take some time for the next update as I have a case of writers block and I also have school coming up. Keep on writing!
1337 chapter 4 . 4/30/2011
man the ladies in shinjis life are dangerest rei try;d to freez him and asuka will most likely try to fry him
Grey11893 chapter 3 . 4/26/2011
Cool story! Hope you update soon and thanks for your reviews, I will try to explain more from now on.
1337 chapter 3 . 4/24/2011
thats alright this story is still cool either way!
gunman chapter 3 . 4/24/2011
Loved the chapter.

Shinji finally accepts his powers and that not everyone (meaning humans) is bad or thinks he's a freak. He becomes a hero who is bolder and more confident than himself.

And saving Misato from those two Bang Babies was pretty cool.

Though, this was only possible because Shinji finally has something to fight for. Or someone. Though I personally think that Shinji was reading too much into Misato caring about him that much.

I mean, like everyone in NERV (pretty much) she was using him too, and felt guilty about doing it. But she still did it.

And Gendo and Luthor... there's an evil alliance! And while I despise their treachery, I do understand why they hate mutants so much. When Second Impact happened half the world's population was wiped out. This left 80% with mutant powers while the other 20% without. Which means that guys like Gendo and Luthor are now the minority, and they don't like that. They didn't get any mutant powers, so they are jealous and bitter. So they naturally want to kill them off out of envy. And personally, I hope they actually try to kill each other, would be funny to see that.

And I have to admit that having Fuyutsuki and Ritsuko use their powers (or just Fuyutsuki in this case) to neutralize Gendo was pretty cool to see. Too bad they couldn't just scramble his brain.

Also, in regards to Kensuke... well, if you look at the Eva canon, Kensuke is just not the hero-type. Personality-wise, he's an overly obsessed military otaku who sees only the glory of war, not the pain, suffering and death that goes with it. I mean, he pretty much outed Shinji right from the start. This only got him the ire of Toji himself. (who is now part of Ebon's gang, which kinda makes sense really) He convinced Toji to help him break out of the shelter during the 4th Angel attack in order to witness a battle that could have gotten him and Toji killed. He openly admitted to hacking his fathers computer in order to find out more about the Evangelions, which would have landed him (and his father) in trouble for a security breach. (Honestly, if Gendo were even more of a bastard, he'd of had Kensuke and his father killed) He constantly bugs Shinji about his battles, information on the Eva's, continuously asks to be an Eva pilot, and even wants to get inside NERV command. And let's not forget that he 'plays war by himself'. That alone should tell you something about him.

I mean, soldiers don't go to war because they want to (unless they're psychos) and anyone who can't see the downsides of war is totally disillusioned and doesn't deserve to carry a gun, or have special powers. Mostly because, they will use them.

That's why I like Shinji as a hero. He doesn't want to fight, but he does because he's trying to protect other people. (Like Rei or Misato. He even fought to protect Toji and Kensuke. He doesn't go looking for battle, or glory, or recognition from the world. (Maybe his father, but that was only once)

It just stuck in my mind, that if you gave a person like Kensuke special powers (like for instance, the laser vision of Cyclops?) he wouldn't be shy about using it at any point. He wouldn't hide his identity or powers like he should. He'd use those powers every chance he had, like right in the middle of school. Without any regard for safety or common sense.

I mean, it's kinda like Asuka. She pilots her Eva for herself, for her own ego, to let the world see how great she is. Not to protect the world.

Kensuke just never struck me as a down-to-earth hero who would use his powers responsibily. If he became an Eva pilot, he would probably start shooting like crazy during training and kill several NERV personnel because he got so excited.

That's why I say that Kensuke isn't a hero and doesn't deserve special powers, because if you look at him in the canon, he is all about the 'glory of war' with little to no common sense ro self-control.

Now, this can be changed in a fanfiction, but that's different from what's been established.

Lastly, I noticed you spelled 'ass whole' wrong. Forget the 'W' and put the two words together, and you're good.

Look forward to more later on.

Hartenyn chapter 2 . 4/21/2011
Great! shinji has electric powers, you could mix several different characters with electromagnetic powers like static shock, magneto, hei (from darker than black) and cole (from infamous). I dont know others, but you can give yourself a pretty good idea about it with those guys. Also you might wanna check darker than black for ideas about different powers, just saying.
Ronn chapter 2 . 4/21/2011
Go with Rebuild and more characters, but maybe keep the missing angels.

Also, go more Magneto than Static. If Shinji's an Eva pilot he needs to be able to toss bridges not manhole covers.
cooking samurai chapter 2 . 4/21/2011
Cool chapter and add the others characters as will if you want to. If be cool if you do though