Reviews for Hope Sees A Star
TessaH chapter 1 . 1/5
Well written, love what an awesome Pa is, the ending with Joe was great!
PoppyCat79 chapter 1 . 5/5/2017
Really enjoyed this story. Loved how you wrote the character interactionsso true to how they are, even with the young Adam. Very touching storyline. Do enjoy stories when the boys were youngerplenty of scope to explore the changing family dynamics. Hope you continue to write more.
Jennifer chapter 1 . 3/8/2017
What a lovely story, so close to how I would have written, Ope the rest of your stories are just as good.
Questfan chapter 1 . 8/5/2016
What an amazing story! Having parented a prickly teen who desperately needed a hug while pushing everyone away, I can relate to this so much. I loved the fact that it took another father to get through to Ben and the ending was beautiful. Thank you for a wonderfully well done story.
oldtime chapter 1 . 3/23/2016
good story just what i was looking to read to night
wandamarie chapter 1 . 9/5/2015
loved it thanks
E. Beckham chapter 1 . 6/7/2015
Good story. I am so glad I found your stories. So well written!
MacAttack3355 chapter 1 . 2/14/2015
Such a sad, sweet story, with a much appreciated happy ending (not the massage kind!). Adam's conversation with little Joe is very funny and touching. I love this story! Thanks for writing it.
sueturpen chapter 1 . 2/15/2014
Beautiful story of a father's love and a son's coming to know his importance to his father.
hoigui chapter 1 . 10/22/2013
Really great there were more like this.
ullswater chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
Awesome story, thanks for sharing it with everyone
5-STAR chapter 1 . 6/29/2013
Awesome story!
Aimme chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
Beautifully done! I don't usually come across stories that deal with corporeal punishment, as I guess the discipline doesn't set well with people: it's a controversial thing anymore. I, personally, see nothing wrong with a good spanking when a child's of a need for one, and I can say that from experience. People seem to get stuck on the topic of child abuse, though, and like with so many things before, our pendulum swings to the extreme the opposite direction. We fail to see the -in my mind- very distinct difference between punishment and abuse, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms, so to speak.

Your portrayals of tannings and spankings in your two Bonanza stories are accurate and uncomfortable and painful and embarrassing and accurate. Makes it interestingly difficult to read, but not because it's bad. It's because it's so accurate, and that's uncomfortable, like I said. But it's not a bad uncomfortable, as in it upsets or doesn't set well with me. See, I've been there, and your unabashed relating of it in your narrative is a touch embarrassing to read, but realistic, and that makes it fantastic. So thanks for that!

This story was refreshingly authentic and true to life, and the narrative so crisp and poignant and precise that it is a favourite! I well remember the days of how hormones and grief can darken a person, leading to sullenness and insolence and all manner of other things. Balancing Adam's responsibility with his own youthfulness was done so well here, I can definitely see things having happened this way! Were I to ever write my own Bonanza fics based around this time in their lives, I can definitely say you would be an inspiration to me for it!

Thanks again! I hope to see more Bonanza from you in the future!

-Aimme-
JFP chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
FABOULOUS...
jasper's mom chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
Wonderful story! So touching. It's hard to lose a person you love at any age but losing one as a small child or teenager would be extremely hard. I think you captured the feelings perfectly. I love reading Bonanza stories with the boys as children.