Reviews for Triggers
DeiStarr chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
This was amazing. As someone who has suffered from anxiety and depression, I think you captured the feeling perfectly.

Well done, beautifully well done.

I love how at the end seeing Harry made him feel something again.
TheMuser chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
I'm not in tears but if I allow my brain to think about what you've written, I know i would cry.

What you wrote sent chills down my spine and my stomach twisted into the knots you described. I don't really want to think about whether that's just a reaction to your beautiful, realistic writing or something else. So I won't.

The end is hopeful. It's quiet in a way that really is calming. I want to ask you to write more but I know if you made this a multichapter thing I would be hard pressed to read it. I can see that there would be scores and scores of pain and angst. And that's not what I want to read more. I want to read more about those green sparks. What I would really love is a flashback type thing or a 'past-look' from Draco when he's better. The assurance that that hope works out into something better is probably what every reader of this fic wants or prays for.

But I know writing about things like that is hard. Especially if this was any sort of reflection on your personal life. If you can write, please do. I'll be going to your authors page shortly to see what else you've written anyway.

To close off, I wish that if green sparks haven't flown out of your wand already, they do soon. If they have, then I hope that magic continues for the rest of eternity. Thanks for a great fic :)
Guest chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
wow. just wow. you style is magnificent. i loved
TeenTop4everawesomeness chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
oh woah, i found this story very interesting to read :) i loved the lines;
"I'm like an empty shell of a person now… worse than a victim of The Kiss, because at least those victims don't have the capacity to identify their own misery" and
"They'd rather you pretend like everything is okay, even if you feel like banging your head against the nearest hard surface until your skin breaks, just so they can see what you feel like on the inside all the fucking time"
because they are so true in explaining what i feel (cause i have depression and anxiety issues too) that i couldn't have written it better myself. but ye awesome work lolz :)
xAkireix chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
I couldn't keep the tears our off my eyes while I read. The triggers, the anxiety, the disease... it all sounded so horribly familiar. I had a close friend who suffered from the same things. For ten years she struggled with it. She killed herself a few weeks ago. Couldn't handle it anymore. I can't blame her, though I miss her terribly. After reading her diaries, I understood the darkness she carried in her all those years. It was exactly like you described it, only much much worse. I wish she could have found that particular trigger that brought her calmness, the way Draco found it in Harry's green eyes, so she could have found peace in life. I suppose it wasn't meant to be.

I apologize for my major angst outburst. I guess this story was a kind of trigger as well for me.
Tread Softly chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
This was actually rather hard for me to read, to get through. Each sentence was like swallowing a pill. Being able to relate here is an understatement really. I can tell this is personal to you because it is personal to me and I understand with perfect clarity every syllable of it. And although difficult to read, to process, it is also deeply comforting. It's nice to be reminded every now and then that this daily, constant, handicap is not something you are absolutely alone with...that there are people out there who just might understand you perfectly.
VAVikingGirl chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Shew! That was intense. I don't get anxiety so much as the depression. Not pleasing people gets me down. I'd rather hide from the world like your protagonist does. I do feel better when I get out and about though. My sympathies, empathies, BTDT. {{{{hugs}}}}
itskonglish chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
This was beautiful, in a tragic angst-y way. I loved every bit of it. Magnificent job!
Kay8abc chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
I like it.
SanaPet chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
Wow, this is really something. It has an amazing amount of potential and I think it could really go somewhere. I love the way your don't really describe anything but the emotions, it's like, to the person speaking (Draco I think?) the emotions are all that exist. Sometimes it really is like that and it's kind of awe-inspiring to by so involved with the emotions that the few glimpses of the world we get through him are enough to make it feel like it's real, just not important enough to care about. I'm really looking forward to the next chapter of this piece.
223kat322 chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
This was a really great story, very well written.
FlippinSirens chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
Oh my! Loved it! You did an amazing job with this! And so very well written!

I can only hope you'll continue this. But, if you don't, that's okay because it's just fine like it is. I simply want more because it is so beautifully written, detailed, and in the mindset of Draco that you actually feel what he feels and can literally see into his world.

Thank you for this Fic! You did an amazing job!

~OnlyWishedYouKnew