Reviews for After Her
Lily Zen chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
Ooh, I love this look at Hatter's thought process as he follows Alice through the Looking Glass. Captivating. I think it fills in some of the blanks too about Hatter's sudden change from self-serving to the protector he became. Nicely done.
Vixit chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
Fantastic sentiment, that sense of doing everything right, of following someone through it all, except when it mattered the most. Beautiful.

I wasn't wild about the extensive use of parentheses for Hatter's...thoughts? Sub-conscience thoughts? Or, maybe just the narrator?
whitney chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
good story, but from a writer's perspective, try NOT to use so many paranthesis statements. it distracts the reader from the story, as the paranthesis indicate that those statements are your thoughts and have little to do with the characters. as a writer, you have the power to be inside the main character's mind, so paranthesis are not needed. your writing will develop much more if you try to leave that symbol completely out of any story. but otherwise, a pretty good job.
unifilar chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
Oh wow! I had no idea you watched the Syfy version of Alice. I absolutely love that movie (bought it and watch it frequently) and I LOVE this fanfic. You caught Hatter's voice SO well, and, as always, I love your word choice and ability to make a light, humorous atmosphere that's tinged with romance. Your storytelling abilities are always brilliant, but I particularly loved this story because you portrayed Hatter's character perfectly (very IC and you gave him a bit of a backstory even) and gave it the sweetest, more appropriate ending. Hatter isn't an amazing knight in shining armor. He's the unconventional hero and sometimes the unconventional heroes need a good shove in the right direction.

As always, great job. I could never tire of reading your work, and I doubt anyone else could either. Keep it up! Look forward to more fics from you!
Alaina Downs chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
Awwww, this was great, and I thoroughly enjoyed the peek into Hatter's head like that. Great job!
She-man chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
ha ha :) a little confusing with the brackets an' all, but the ending was funny! x
sharpestsatire chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
AWWWWWWWWWWW! THAT ENDING WAS AWESOME! *beams* I loved it! Nice, crazy straight forward portrayal of Hatter. :)
TheBlueFoxtrot A Samba chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
I'm so glad you picked this Hatter. You did a superb job. I don't think you got the characters wrong at all. I do believe you nailed it!

What I really loved, is the comments you put in parenthesesis, making the reader (me) read in between the lines, but reading exactly what you wanted read. That really helped convey the tone more, to me, and hinted a bit more at Hatter's thoughts.

And yes, bless Charlie, the true mad man. I love him second only to Hatter.
Someone Who Believed chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
haha very funny and great! You defiantly got the characters down! Especially Hatter's emotions! I didn't see Charlie pushing him through, but it was really hilarious! I hope you write more in this fandom!