Reviews for Alone On the Water
TOFW chapter 1 . 5h
WHO GAVE YOU THE RIGHT
Eve chapter 1 . 6/29
Outstanding...loved it..but saying so. The death of sherlock was written with thought and compassion for the character...very moving and detailed..
I could pic every scene clearly...
PaperbackHeart chapter 1 . 6/28
I've already read this, back in 2013, and it still makes me cry. Not just tear up, but openly sob. I don't think I've read a better piece of literature, let alone fanfic. Words only mean something if they move you and this most definitely moved me. This was actually the very first fan fiction that I had ever read, not first Sherlock ff, but first ever. You set the bar pretty high and said bar has never been even approached in the last two years I've been on this site. I cannot understand how someone can have such a moving, beautiful way of writing, but you do. I can only hope that one day my writing improves anywhere near to as powerful and eloquent and heart-wrenchingly amazing as yours. I don't know if you still have time to read these, but if you do, then thank you. Thank you so much for this haunting piece.
romane.hutin chapter 1 . 6/28
It's beautiful and sad story
Catterbug chapter 1 . 6/25
Thank you. The tears were worth it. Thank you.
MegaFrost4 chapter 1 . 6/25
Ok...here's another fanfic where I was crying literally throughout the whole thing. I just...I don't know. It's so painful. Sherlock and John really do love each other and I cannot begin to praise you on how well you got the emotional attribute across. My heart is aching and my Johnlock feels are exploding.
I don't know if you (the author) will read this but this by far is the best thing I have read in well years. And it is under 9,000 words. Thank you
CrystalHauntress chapter 1 . 6/23
No! This isn't real... this isn't real... this isn't real... I have to remind myself that this is just fanfiction before I cry myself an ocean. How could you do this?!

Wow. So beautifully written; tragic. Somehow, having it from John's perspective made it SLIGHTLY easier to bear, only slightly, though. It was like knowing that my pain is shared, that I'm not the only one having to go through such agony and torture. I thought at the end, John was talking to Lestrade, but he was really talking Sherlock in his mind. Clever.

Having it in the present tense was a good touch too. I was there, watching as John and Sherlock interacted. I like how Sherlock and Mycroft's mother wasn't told until he died; she didn't seem like a person who would be good with goodbyes and such, and to her own son must have been just heart breaking. What about his father, though? I would have liked to see some interaction with him. But oh well. This is so small a problem, and what is here makes up for it tenfold and more.

And how do you think five year olds can handle such pain? I was just barely coping, and I'm in my mid teens. Just raise the rating and this will be a flawless piece of fanfiction. I love it so much; I really don't know how I can express the love I feel for for this. This sparked something inside of me; something I'm still trying to figure out. Wow.

And I know I've said "wow" about three times already, but (and here's another one) wow. It's very rare that a fanfic elicits this strong a response from me (and I hope this comes through in my unusually long review) and when it does it's because the story hit close to home. I've never lost my best friend to a situation like this, but I've lost someone so much more dear. I can really relate to John's pain. I love this.

And, oh god. I think I'm going to need to post this really quickly because I'm about to cry and I don't want to cry before I can finish this. If I was to describe this in a word, that word would have to be impeccable. Because this really IS impeccable. Perfect. Faultless.

I hope you had a fun time reading all this. Sorry for taking so long; i just had to voice my praise. Go and treat yourself to a cookie.
Elvira Silver chapter 1 . 6/20
This was one of the most moving stories that I have read. I am so chocked up over it. This was well written and very creative.
N.a.brun chapter 1 . 6/19
This is beautiful and SO sad
NonArised chapter 1 . 6/17
This story was s heart breaking. I loved it, and it made me cry. A lot actually.
Victoria Louise chapter 1 . 6/17
...*pain*...You want to stop yourself, but you can't...you have to keep reading...
This was the most heartbreaking thing I have ever read in my life. It was beautifully written, however, and I will probably read it a million times more.
Remy chapter 1 . 6/16
Hello Mad_Lori,

My names Remy and I'm one of the readers who absolutely adores your works! I first read this incredible piece of writing a little over a year ago when I was first introduced to BBC Sherlock, and, needless to say, cried like a little baby for a few minutes after completing it. I've just read Alone on the Water again, this being the fourth time since a year ago. Every time I decide to read it again, I assume I would have adapted to it's angst and it wouldn't affect me as it did the first time. I am wrong every time. It is very late where i am here in Australia, but nothing would stop me from coming back to enjoy this story again and again... despite how many tears I know I will shed! :) Just wanted to let you know once more that your writing skills are amazing and that this was the very first Sherlock fan fiction I had ever read, and that it will most certainly remain my ultimate favourite.

Regards,

Remy
Not gonna lie. Literally the only time I've ever actually literally cried while reading. I've said I've cried, I've almost cried, but this time, I actually did. I had a tear roll down my face, than another. Just two. This is the most perfect and beautiful thing of all time, and it's soft and it's heartbreaking and it will shatter someone's soul, like it did mine.
5,030 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »