Reviews for Alone On the Water
TuvatheTimelord chapter 1 . 8/29
This hurt me on a whole other level I'm bawling my eyes out. Best fan fiction ever! I need therapy now...
meburleson chapter 1 . 8/22
Wow. This was incredible to read. Let me tell you why. It was absolutely one of the best stories I have read for any show. I never cry when I read fiction because I'm always like, "it's not real anyway! why cry over it?" Well, let me tell you, I cried on this one! I'm not ashamed to admit it. You did such an amazing job showing the emotions, planning everything the characters would do, and allowing them to go through this in an extremely realistic way.

I was right there with the characters from start to finish. As Sherlock got the news, as they planned his final days, as they monitored the tumor's effect on Sherlock, and finally as Sherlock said goodbye and died the way he wanted to. The story was brilliant, well written, and true to the characters. I can't think of a single thing you should add or take away from it.

So thank you for writing such a beautiful story. Thank you for helping me feel as the characters did throughout the story. And thank you for that absolutely perfect ending!
SarcasticSarcasm chapter 1 . 8/22
I could not help but stare when the final moments of the Sherlock finale dissipated; a shred of my heart disappearing along with it. The exact same emotion was brought to life again with these carefully crafted words- leaving two gaping holes in my chest.
I was truly astonished throughout the story, as the thought of such a simplistic idea, that began only as an embryo inside your mind, could grow and be cultivated into what beauty I have just read. John's inner dialogue and feelings were so believable, heart wrenching, and, for a lack of a better word, real. As the bittersweet conclusion finally arrived, the lingering taste of an extraordinary piece of work still remained in my mind.
My laconic words cannot begin to describe how wonderful and angsty this journey has been, so I will part with a solemn /thank you/.
Tanimaa Mehra chapter 1 . 8/22
Beautiful!
princessanastasiaromanov576 chapter 1 . 8/21
good
A Crying Fan chapter 1 . 8/21
This is beautiful, extraordinary, truely something to be proud of. No one word can describe it, not even a thousand. I'm sure there are more descriptive and loving reviews here, and I'm just a lost one but I'll still pour my heart out; well, what's left of it. The beginning confused me, I did not understand what was going on. Surely what John would have felt. Confused, having to have a bit of time to let it sink in. I did not understand, excuse me one moment I must wipe my tears, all the medical terms used in this work, but that's what Google is for. I only happened to find this gem through images on google looking at fan art. But my day is complete, well, will be complete once I finish writing my thoughts out. Enough about me, let's talk about you; and of course the gem. An extreme sadness washed over everybody as we hear John's words," He's gone and gotten himself a bloody brain tumor" which that's when the tears came. The day's going past, you can physically feel then as if you were there. The goodbyes being said felt as if you were saying each of those goodbyes. The time spent obsessing over Sherlock the wonderful and heart breaking series it is, comes at a stand still for 15 minutes or less. All that matters is getting through this, trying to read through the tears as John is getting the pills and water. Your vision escaping you for needing to take a five second break which you don't want to wipe your tears so you can continue. But you do it anyway because you need the closure as Sherlock lies on John's lap, clutching his jumper in his last moments to be with John. And John, with his last moments with the physical, celestial being Sherlock is, not being able to truly deny it any longer. Saying he loves him, cursing him and crying for him. Weeping, as you have brought us to do as well. Bus Sherlock wasn't ever gone, was he? The bastard, he'll never be truly gone. To some people, yes. But to John, Sherlock will never really leave him. He'll be there, as John solves cases, questioning him. He'll be there at breakfast, reading the paper, drinking his tea and turning his clollar with those high cheek bones of his. He won't be gone, not entirely. He'll be there as we make decisions in our lives, that would be what Sherlock would do...what he would call blasphemy. The imprint on our lives he has caused will be there. So will John's. This is where I end this rant of my mind. I would be very flattered if nany one read till' the end of this. Truly, I would. But you have to understand what this means to thousands of people. Because, well...nothing ever truly leaves you. Bless you all.
-A Crying Fan (Not that it would mean anything to you)
arachnidjds chapter 1 . 8/20
FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. I FUCKING HATE YOU. FUCK YOU FUCK YOU AAAAAAAUUUUGHH I FUCKING HATE YOU NONONONONONONONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU I WANT TO FUCKING KILL YOU NO NO NO NO NO FUCK YOU FUCK YOU (sobbing noises)
aterdevinette chapter 1 . 8/18
this is so beautiful, i am crying right now, i hate you and love so much for writing this story
ToastandOut chapter 1 . 8/15
I didn't need my heart anyway. Why don't you just go and stomp all over it?
This was so beautifully written. And now I'm crying over a fictional character.
I hate you right now, just a bit
Athena Silverwolf chapter 1 . 8/13
I severely dislike the fact that I'm currently in my dorm room crying over my computer for this story. Well done.
BabyGhost123 chapter 1 . 8/12
I loved this story so much...I cried for most parts of the story- I doubt I wasn't the only one...I usually don't read angst stories but I wanted to see how this story would be and it was perfect...
TheyCallMeWiggy chapter 1 . 8/12
I die a little bit inside every time I read this story...and I love it...
i love this fanfiction even though it makes me sob every time!
distorted.memoriess chapter 1 . 8/11