Reviews for Alone On the Water
Eternal Evening chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
This is not okay. You brilliant person.
Inugirlfan1 chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
I'm absolutely sitting here and sobbing. Brilliant.
Mitashade chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
I cried. Oh boy.
Someone Weirdo chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
OMG, OMG, this is beautiful... I think you had already listen this, but it make me cry like a little child, it's beautiful the way you write all the situation that it feels completely real, the characters are perfect and John... my poor john, i sit with him while he was crying, it was so powerful the way you put that scene that it feels so real, like if you were there.
I wanna say two things, the first is: THANK YOU, for write this beautiful-and painful- fic and the second it's that i love the way you write.
I'll read you other works, because you're amazing! Have a nice day!
Storiesfromthebluebox chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
Well, I avoided reading this for a long time. Firstly because it automatically deters me whenever there's a hype around something, but more because I simply was afraid to read it. And as it turned out, I had a full right to be. This story has been lingering inside my mind for all night, it was only until morning the effect of it of drained away. It had that much of an effect on me. I was seriously devastated after reading it. Like fuck. This is the most heartwrenching, depressing, God-awful, touching thing I ever read. I can't even explain, except that it stepped on all the sore spots in my soul and beat them black and blue.

I disagree with the person below me that Sherlock was too emotional, I think you did a great job with keeping him seemingly stoical and matter-of-fact until the very end. But I do think he seemed a little too sweet and social towards all the other people. Like holding hands with Sarah and everything. Of course we need to take into accountance that he has a brain tumour and this can change someone's behaviour completely. And given the absolute misery of his situation it makes sense that he would become a little more mellow then he usually is.

Ugh, just. This story. How did you even come up with it? How could you write it? It's beautiful in all its horribleness. The most important thing is that it made me feel. So kudos to you.
Paradoxical Paradigm chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
I read this of my own volition a week or so after I finished watching the series two months ago.

I just realized how much of an incredible following this story has. However, not to undermine the cult status, but...

[Here I stand before my new home, three feet wide and six feet deep, and I built it. I might be the recipient of some nasty retorts hitherto, but I want to speak to you, so please hear me out. I think that we should just always consider two sides of a coin...I could PM you, but that's a cowards way out.]

I'm reading this again because I thought, maybe, if I came back after having grown in my love for the show, I would feel an emotional attachment for this. I don't know if that makes me a monster, perchance, but alas, there is no pathos. I can see and I can appreciate, but I cannot feel. This was how I felt the first time I read this. I have to admit, the wounds of Reichenbach Fall were still quite fresh when I first read this, and this was literally my first Sherlock fan fiction, so I thought, 'Maybe I'm just numb from the aftereffects of the show. I'll give it time.' But no, nothing even remotely cathartic.

And I DID find this near believable. What I say next I say this comes with what I've observed from the show: But I think that in some parts it lacked Sherlock's acerbity, and instead we were given [or at least I felt] a profusion of, dare I say it, sentiment. I know that this is in first person, so we're getting John's view of all that is happening, and that John is a sentimental man, but what I didn't see is him really looking at and reacting to Sherlock. I hear his voice, but I don't, as paradoxical as that sounds. I can more readily imagine him getting into a flying rage, impatient with Sherlock because Sherlock DOESN'T look scared [whereas here, John observes that Sherlock is scared]. Perhaps he's just tired and resigned? I'm unsure. But unless Sherlock isn't drowning in fear like Hounds of Baskerville, I don't see him revealing these emotions until, perhaps, the eleventh hour, so to speak. Instead we're awash with their emotions from the beginning and it just leaves a stained trail right to the very end. In the end, I think that if I could step back and and take the cannon characters out of the equation, this would stand as something extremely beautiful and heartbreaking.

I'm sorry, you might hate me for this. But maybe - I'm not too sure - I have completely missed something, even though I've read this over and over again, at this point. This review has pretty much turned into a stream of consciousness, and for that I apologize. I'd love to get some feedback from you so that perhaps, you can let me know if I've missed something completely or explain some things to me. That is, if you're still responding to reviews [It's been almost two years since the original post so I could understand completely].

Don't take this as a negative review please. Let it not go unsaid that I find YOUR diction beautiful and flawless. Overall I did enjoy reading this as a piece of literature. I do hope to hear from you.
CelticRose1 chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
First of all, that was amazingly beautifully written. Second, gosh it was cruel, bringing them together like that just before Sherlock dies. But I guess that's part of the beauty of it, John's pain and his realization of what their relationship really was. I'm sorry if this isn't making sense, what I'm really trying to say is thank you for writing this.
Rest in fucking pieces chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
Are you Moffat in disguise?!
DramaSpell chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
This made me cry so much I couldn't even read, you naughty naughty. My eyes were too blurry and I kept having to wipe them. I think I never cried this much in my life. My feelings are hurt. I won't be able to keep living. I usually love angst, but this is like '' Burn-your-heart-and-make-you-want-to-kill-yourself '' kind of angst. Really good. I hate you but this is brillant. Just... gmfdgvndgnv!
you're-doing-the-look-again chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
I'm sobbing right now ;-;

Lovely job!
PiperHalliwell23 chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
This story had me in tears. Well done this was absolutely amazing! This is a work of art!
TheTardisOnBakerStreet chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
The saddest thing I have ever read. It made me cry. Twice.
ForgetTheWalls97 chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
No, no. Don't worry about me. I'll just be sitting here drowning in my tears because of your beautiful and heart-breaking story No big deal.
Chi Takara chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
This is such a beautifully sad story. It's written so simply, but with a brilliance and emotional depth that really brings it to life. You use dialogue well. It's there when it needs to be, and isn't over used. Congratulations on writing an amazing story.
Violette1415scs chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
O.o for writing this, I feel the need to hate you. But this was just so amazing that I love you. And I cried, all over the place. Oh the feels...
5,136 | « Prev Page 1 .. 174 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 194 .. Last Next »