Reviews for Alone On the Water
Chezzers chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Ummmmm... to say i'm a blubbering mess is an understatement. Beautifully, tragically, wonderfully brilliant.
Chelsey x x x
bowels chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
I haven't cried this hard since I was dumped from a 2 year relationship the day after prom- and that was a year and a half ago. Reading it was like a bad dream; it seemed so realistic to the characters that it was as if it were truly happening, and the fandom itself was to suffer this cruel, unpredictable end. I had to watch episodes of Sherlock (anything but Reichenbach, mind you) to keep myself from believing it really did happen.

This piece is phenomenal. I mean, I sobbed and choked obnoxiously, and I had to take a little break since I couldn't read through the blear of my tears, but it's so great. If this were to ever happen between them, this is more than likely exactly how it would play out; you did the fandom we all know and love (and it's favorite pairing, be it platonic or non-platonic) great justice, and for that, I'm eternally grateful.

Thank you for creating such a novel work, even if it made me lose my body weight in salted water. 3
Vanishing Roses chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Lovely story! It really punched me right in the heart. The feeling of hopelessness from trying to spend one's last days well was expertly captured! Poor John, poor Sherlock, poor everyone. God. U_U
Farbeyondthegrave chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Oh god the pain. I'm crying like a baby here . So tragic and well written with a deal yet beautiful ending. I love the last sentence
TheAviela chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
The best fanfiction I have ever read. I was crying and everytime I calmed down there was something that got me crying again. I love it. And the last sentence? Too much for my heart... ;( It's beautiful.
atgmail chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
When I saw the info for this fic. I was unimpressed. Really, but 8k words and rated K is hardly something to look forward to. However, the number of reviews this fic had was definitely impressive. In fact, VERY impressive. A lot of fics out there with more than 100k words can hardly get 500 reviews but this tiny little 8k one-shot has more than 1800! The statistics are really impressive. So much so that I decided to check it out and let me just say that it completely blew my mind and was simply amazing. It is currently 1:11am right now where I live and I finished the fic at 12:24am. I just layed there in bed for 47min telling myself to take deep breaths and to stop staining the pillow. Also to stop hiccuping. That is exactly how much this fic affected me and I probably won't be getting over this amazing piece of work anytime soon. This has to be one of the best angst fic I have ever read in all the fandoms I've been in.

Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Beautiful. Gorgeous. The most moving fanfic I have ever read.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
That was brilliant. i have never read, watched or even pictured anything that had the ability to cause me to cry that much. i am still tearing up. Thank you for that hauntingly sad, but wonderful story. i can barely even categorize it as fanfiction. you're very talented.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Oh, that last line broke my heart.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Made me cry, then made me happy. One heck of a story.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
So here's the thing. I don't even read or watch Sherlock. I heard somewhere online that this story was just generally great and I decided to check it out. My god, it did not fail to deliver. Where do I even begin? The style is fantastic, the grammar is about ten times better than one usually sees which is refreshing...the entire thing is remarkably well told. I may not know the characters very well, but I couldn't help crying for them because this piece is fantastically beautiful. If you're not already writing for a living, I have no doubt that you could eventually do so if you wished, because you have a gift. Best of luck to you!
JMS6 chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
I have heard about this so many times but never got around to reading it... until now. I can't decided if I wish I had read it or not now, because that was utterly heartbreaking. I almost cried, but not quite, and that is a massive achievement because fics don't make me CRY. Eurgh, why did I read this? It's the best/worst fic EVER.
BritLitChick chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Beautiful story, beautiful ending. I wondered how you were going to pull it out, and it was good.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
I thought I could handle it. Maybe I did better than I'd expected myself to, I don't know anymore. But my face is still tear-streaked and my heart is clenching at an uneven rate...
The sign of brilliant work.
Thank you.