Reviews for Alone On the Water
Vanishing Roses chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Lovely story! It really punched me right in the heart. The feeling of hopelessness from trying to spend one's last days well was expertly captured! Poor John, poor Sherlock, poor everyone. God. U_U
Farbeyondthegrave chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Oh god the pain. I'm crying like a baby here . So tragic and well written with a deal yet beautiful ending. I love the last sentence
TheAviela chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
The best fanfiction I have ever read. I was crying and everytime I calmed down there was something that got me crying again. I love it. And the last sentence? Too much for my heart... ;( It's beautiful.
atgmail chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
When I saw the info for this fic. I was unimpressed. Really, but 8k words and rated K is hardly something to look forward to. However, the number of reviews this fic had was definitely impressive. In fact, VERY impressive. A lot of fics out there with more than 100k words can hardly get 500 reviews but this tiny little 8k one-shot has more than 1800! The statistics are really impressive. So much so that I decided to check it out and let me just say that it completely blew my mind and was simply amazing. It is currently 1:11am right now where I live and I finished the fic at 12:24am. I just layed there in bed for 47min telling myself to take deep breaths and to stop staining the pillow. Also to stop hiccuping. That is exactly how much this fic affected me and I probably won't be getting over this amazing piece of work anytime soon. This has to be one of the best angst fic I have ever read in all the fandoms I've been in.

GelatoLover
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Beautiful. Gorgeous. The most moving fanfic I have ever read.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
That was brilliant. i have never read, watched or even pictured anything that had the ability to cause me to cry that much. i am still tearing up. Thank you for that hauntingly sad, but wonderful story. i can barely even categorize it as fanfiction. you're very talented.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Oh, that last line broke my heart.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Made me cry, then made me happy. One heck of a story.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
So here's the thing. I don't even read or watch Sherlock. I heard somewhere online that this story was just generally great and I decided to check it out. My god, it did not fail to deliver. Where do I even begin? The style is fantastic, the grammar is about ten times better than one usually sees which is refreshing...the entire thing is remarkably well told. I may not know the characters very well, but I couldn't help crying for them because this piece is fantastically beautiful. If you're not already writing for a living, I have no doubt that you could eventually do so if you wished, because you have a gift. Best of luck to you!
JMS6 chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
I have heard about this so many times but never got around to reading it... until now. I can't decided if I wish I had read it or not now, because that was utterly heartbreaking. I almost cried, but not quite, and that is a massive achievement because fics don't make me CRY. Eurgh, why did I read this? It's the best/worst fic EVER.
BritLitChick chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Beautiful story, beautiful ending. I wondered how you were going to pull it out, and it was good.
*speechless*
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
I thought I could handle it. Maybe I did better than I'd expected myself to, I don't know anymore. But my face is still tear-streaked and my heart is clenching at an uneven rate...
Catharsis.
The sign of brilliant work.
Thank you.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
I don't know if I love or hate you. I am gross crying all over the place and I'm in desperate need of some tea. This is beautiful.
Emmaplease chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
I read this fic all the time, just every now and again. It's stunningly well-written, beautifully crafted and your characterisation is perfect: sometimes I feel like John/Sherlock fics can get a little overblown and ridiculous but this could easily be part of the show canon from a character point of view.
I'll try to avoid gushing but truly truly truly, if you're not already a professional writer then you should be; this is genuinely my favourite fanfiction of all time. So um...thanks!
5,448 | « Prev Page 1 .. 240 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 260 .. Last Next »