Reviews for Alone On the Water
Anon chapter 1 . 7/14
OMGx99999999999999999999999999999
damaged not broken chapter 1 . 7/14
I literally almost cried my eyes out. As it is I have no control over my tear ducts at the moment. This is a wonderful story even if I kinda wish I hadn't read it. Don't get me wrong, it's a masterpiece and maybe if I had happened across it in a couple of years I could have... enjoyed it more. As it is I had my grandmother pass away in January from cancerous melanoma tumors in her brain that wouldn't just die (if this is confusing or not the correct way of stating this, give me a break. I was in high school, was trying to be brave for my mom, and just plain didn't want to know in hopes that if I ignored it then she would get better.)
I guess I am just trying to say thanks for writing this story and realizing that it is hard for the other people to even though "they aren't the ones during so they have no reason to act like it is the end of the world." ( said by an ex best friend who has never lost anyone.)
Raining Sky Guy chapter 1 . 7/9
Wow. Fucking wow.
As heart-wrenching, angsty and ...well, as promised.

I was, I've got no words right now. Really. You robbed me the energy to write. So I'll wait. I'll wait to get my bearings back to finish this review. You almost had me in tears, and that's saying a lot. I... That last line was cruel. Too cruel.

Okay, I'm back (several hours later). I loved it. No doubt. Loved the style, how everything just flows. That was beautiful to read. Now, the story itself... Brilliant how you made it on John's POV. He's certainly the outlet of both of their emotions so it would only make sense. And the soulmates aura you gave these two was simply... Ah, too beautiful for words and that's actually how I like to see them. Also in a way, they both tether each other to their human side. Reminds me of Shion and Nezumi from the novels/manga No. 6. They also share this beyond-romantic relationship.

Whatever I say you've probably already heard it a million times (just look at that review count! I'm jealous!) so I suppose I shouldn't drag on long.

First heard of your story through a Tumblr post published on a fb page that had lots of people sobbing over this. I looked it up. I saved it for a moment where I knew I could read it in one go. I failed miserably as I was called several times. But it promised and it gave. Just now checked the publishing date. And I quote, "like whoa", it's been a while. I hope you read this. I loved Anderson in this one. He did it. He could fake it. He managed to give the insufferable twat a measure of normalcy by being him. I'm sad Donovan couldn't, and that just makes her seem so terrible. But the man is dying and I bet both of them suddenly couldn't just insult his very existence as always. Donovan was always harsher though, and she knew how terrible it sounded. Anderson... he hadn't quite reached that level. And actually it blows up in fanatism by S3. Have you kept up? What did you think haha?
Molly was just precious. Molly was all us. Molly also tried her best, for a man she had grown to cherish. Silly, lovely girl.

Assisted suicide, huh. Those were the first words I read /about/ your story. I wasn't quite expecting these circumstances, really. I myself suffered of a cyst in combination with other stuff, so I went through some of Sherlock's ailments and. I spent like two years with migraines, loss of eyesight. Thank goodness it wasn't a brain tumor though. But remembering... Had surgery and I died for a split second. Lost my eyesight too. I recovered, partially, but remembering... yeah, brought out even more angst I suppose.

Sherlock's dying moments had my heart clenching. It's like everything's planned. No going back. They already said goodbye to everything. They're as ready as they can be.
He takes the pills and Sherlock Holmes feels fear.
Deep, gut-wrenching sensations of I don't want to die yet. I'm not ready. Neither of us are ready. Please, there must be a way out. More time.

And John... John who fears the same, who is the one being left behind, still, still manages to compose himself to set Sherlock at ease, to soothe him in his last moments...
Truly beautiful.
I must sound macabre, huh, describing such an angsty fic as yours as beautiful. But still. Who would have thought that 8k words could hold so much meaning. So much feelings. AND THAT LAST LINE. It killed me, it really did.
Well, also realizing he was having a conversation with Sherlock.

Almost unbelievable it all happened in under a month. Anyway, I'll leave it at that, any longer and I'd be blabbering on and on, not to mention this is quite long already. I feel like I'm missing a lot of things I would love to point out but... the feeling is getting to me again and will again rend me unable to write.

Thank you very much for your writing. Thank you for posting this story. It is a beautiful style of writing. A fantastic way of conveying this story. I'm recommending it. It's gold and I should not be the only one to suffer, hehe. I'd love it if you replied. Just a small 'read it', to know that, well, you read it. I suppose I finally leave you. And now, let me weep.

O, let me forever weep:
My eyes no more shall welcome sleep.
I'll hide me from the sight of day,
And sigh my soul away.
He's gone, his loss deplore,
And I shall never see him more
I am crying. I don't usually cry, even when reading sad things. Just.
A Path That's Clear chapter 1 . 7/8
Legit sobbing right now
charlottethegood chapter 1 . 7/7
Well that was heart breaking. I think I've died... * buries face in pillow and sobs uncontrollably*
H. Rose E chapter 1 . 7/7
Oh god my feels are everywhere, real tears, real tears
ChloeJK chapter 1 . 7/6
Simply amazing. Beautiful story and I really enjoyed how you described John and Sherlock's emotions without being obvious and blatantly labeling it. So, so good.
fandomsletmego chapter 1 . 7/5
Gosh, I just found the Twist And Shout of the Sherlock fandom, didn't I.
But such a beautiful lattice of writing, with delicate speech woven into the feather-like plot... how can it not be?
Hannah chapter 1 . 7/5
Oh, no, no, no, no, no how dare you :
anonymus chapter 1 . 7/4
It is the most beautiful fanfict i have ever read
Fuck.
irishjedi4life chapter 1 . 7/3
Wow just wow amazing story by far my favoret
Stiria chapter 1 . 7/2
I came across this story while looking through Pinterest. I don't know what I expected, but it certainly wasn't one of the most heart breaking and beautifully written stories I've ever read (and I've read a lot of books!). The characters are so accurately portrayed - Sherlock the seemingly unemotional and detached detective, and John the very human, emotional sidekick. I suspect if Arthur Conan Doyle had written an ending like this for Sherlock, as opposed to the Reichenbach Falls, there would have been rioting in the streets of London! Perhaps you should think about having it published, as that would prevent the possibility of someone else taking credit for your work. You are a very talented writer, and you deserve all the credit for your efforts. Thank you!
Alison chapter 1 . 7/2
Oh my God... Just beautiful. The only ff I've ever read that had me cry real tears... And not just a few, they were pouring down my face the entire time.
5,090 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »