Reviews for Nameless
luluhrh chapter 17 . 1/21
. . . AHGGYUWDLNHUEIAGJKHLAOIFLJAOYFAWEHHNJKBHJGVWJEAKAFHUIEJKQEBFKJ OH MY GOD!

in other words: complete and total fantasm.

this was quite possibly the most amazing, confusing, fantastic, impossible, PERFECT fanfiction i have ever read. you freaking genius. it. . . i. . . OH MY GOD IT WAS TOO FREAKING PERFECT!

i loved it. i loved it and i worship the ground you walk on, god damn it!

you genius, you. XD
luluhrh chapter 12 . 1/21
24601. . . lol. clever, very clever. i wish you'd done that. he could have a dramatic song and everything! XD

also, very dramatic moment. again, dramatic song. "who am i? I'M EDWARD ELRIC!" lol, it doesn't quite work, but it's funny to think about.
BelloftheSea chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
General Martin Lockheed? Really? LOL. Don't know how many other people got that but my dad works for Lockheed Martin so I found it funny.
HealingHelper227 chapter 17 . 4/26/2014
This is by far the most compelling story I've read in the FMA fanfiction. It was a great treat to read and I sincerely hope that you will continue this story , I'll wait as long as I have to.
Saber Wing chapter 17 . 4/15/2014
Wow, what a fascinating tale. It kept me on the edge of my seat, and quite frankly, still is. I realize it has been a long time, but I was wondering if you had any plans to finish it. I admit, I will be supremely disappointed if it isn't, but I understand, believe me. Life happens, you hit snags in a story, you lose interest, or perhaps all of the above. At any rate, you should be proud of the work you've done here.

Interesting, well-thought out and unique take on what could have been, and what could have happened on their quest for a philosopher's stone, in a different time, surrounded by different circumstances, albeit some of the same people besides Hughes, Mustang and his team. It broke my heart to see Ed reduced to this shell of himself, as he was at the beginning and most of the time throughout. That fire that I love about him...it was just, gone. That made it all the more sweet to see him gradually gaining that back.

Fantastic story! You've made a fan out of me, completed or not!
xxnarufanxx chapter 17 . 10/20/2013
very well written and very interesting plot! nicely done!
wildface97 chapter 17 . 6/26/2013
*screams*
*screams some more*
*takes a deep inhale*
*continus screaming*
Holy cheese why hasn't this been continued!? There needs to be a Book 3! An epilogue of some sort! You can't just leave it as that!
This was so amazing - I absolutely loved this. Albeit I had major difficulty picturing Ed as an old guy, and ended up giving up on the visual and just imagined him with short gray hair (it was easier). But to end it like that - gah! We need moooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeee!
Please?
*resumes screaming*
Seamew chapter 17 . 1/5/2013
Okay. This has been in my tabs to review for quite some time. I have stayed up all night, am incoherent, and can't remember my name let alone the plot but I am done with procrastination! No wait, I can remember my name now.

Ahem. Oh gosh, I can't remember much besides the fact that this was superb and I love it. At first, I had such a hard time picturing Ed as an old and wrinkly! Eventually I adjusted, partially helped by your hints. It got more difficult to remember when his old personality started shining through, which I felt was perfect.

Near the beginning, I'd imagined you'd be doing a bit of time travel or something like that, but this is so much better. And now, I cannot remember anything else, so I'll stop rambling.

Thank you very much for writing this lovely fic, and for sharing it with us!
thequietreader chapter 17 . 12/13/2012
Just as it's getting good. Any chance of an update, any at all? Good god... the build-up of this story was rather confusing, dissatisfying, even a little dull, but I am so glad that I persevered through. Your lovely writing kept me going through the boring parts and when it finally kicked in, I was so happy to see it. Now I'm just dying for an update! Two years ago, though... damn.
Thank you for what you have written, though!
lotrprincess chapter 17 . 8/15/2012
Oh. My. Cow. That was incredible. I just-just don't even, I mean, wow...just...wow. How do people write things like this?! In the first chapter, when you first introduced Ed as a grey-haired forty-five-year-old man, I gagged and almost stopped reading. Not because your description was disgusting or anything, but, in my mind, "Ed" and "old" didn't belong in the same sentence. I'm glad I didn't act on the impulse to quit the story. It WAS worth the wait. It's been a long time since I last tried to pull an all-nighter in order to finish a story. Even if I did inadvertently fall asleep anyway...

I was really impressed by the pacing of the story. The suspense and tension were tightly controlled, with a great build-up and some wonderful climactic moments. Dropping clues along the way (especially for those who have seen both series) made readers feel clever that they could work out theories along the way. I got the feeling that everything was well planned in advance. As those attributes are central to any mystery story, I'd say that you have a real knack for the genre.

As I said before, making Ed middle-aged, especially because he was older than Mustang, felt rather strange at first, but it really worked out. I noticed that there were reminders of his age carefully interspersed throughout, probably to prevent readers from reverting to their mental image of Ed. Even so, I'm impressed by the leap you took in aging someone whose youth is an important characteristic. It's almost physically painful to imagine Ed broken and mentally helpless. To think how the prime of his life was stolen so soon after he lost his childhood, and then to realize that it was just a shadow (though still a distinctly Ed-shaped one) of his true self, which was sleeping... I'll admit that I grew frustrates with the length of time it took for the real Ed to resurface. I need to ask: what gave you the original idea of placing him in that situation? What was your inspiration behind the storyline?

Other characters: With Mustang and his crew, it's probably best not to mess around with their timelines, since they're too varied. I'm glad you gave Basque Grand a more legitimate reason to pursue the Stone. His motives in the original anime were shaky, at best. I really liked how you dragged out Psiren's role, from an indirect reference in the first chapter to downright exploition of her talents during the last parts. The bits with Alex Armstrong seemed a bit crack-ish, though. Or, maybe that's just him. Kimblee and the gold-toothed doctor were as creepy as ever.

My biggest complaint is that the final climax (Ed getting Al and his youth back) seemed out-of-place. The storyline is directed much more towards Ed reclaiming his independence and escaping both the military and his mental prison. Keeping his ultimate goal concerning himself and the souls of Liore under wraps was a double-edged sword. Yes, it added to the suspense, but it also made the ending too abrupt. Because Al does not appear in the story almost at all, it is difficult to feel the joyous finale for what it should be. This perhaps could have been remedied by more backstory and memories including Ed and Al together, as well as the older Ed's feelings on getting Al back. I don't even know if Ed ever actually put Al in the suit of armor in this AU. If so, what the heck happened to him during the thirty years? I also felt that Dante and the Homunculi were just tossed in as more references to the anime, rather than actually affecting the plot in any way. Instead of the bit with Dante capturing Ed, I think it would have been more effective to show whatever event actually resulted in Ed becoming a Philosopher's Stone.

The abruptness of the ending also left several other unanswered questions, such as: Does Ed remember the events of the story? Or has his mind reverted to his physical age, like Al at the end of the anime? What happened/happens to Scar? Who in the military knew the truth about Fullmetal's imprisonment? How did they get the information that made them pursue him in the first place? It is not made clear who is responsible. What were Kimblee's motives? What happened to Mustang's concerns over the State Alchemist program? Where does the gold-toothed doctor fit in the equation?

I don't know if you intended to leave those things open, but, despite how well-written the story is, there are a fair amount of plot holes. A sequel of some type could answer all of the above questions and more, and this fic is definitely awesome enough to merit one. Sorry if I sound really critical, I enjoyed it very much, and I hope my nit-picky feedback can help you improve even further. Thank you for taking the time to read this ridiculously long review. I had a lot to say! Hoping to hear from you.

Over and out.
Sedentary Wordsmith chapter 17 . 8/13/2012
It took me a while to calm down sufficiently in order to type a more or less coherent review...This story is freaking amazing! I adore it to pieces. You're a genius. I love how it almost seems to have two plots, with what happened thirty years prior and what happened in the present, even though they're obviously connected. And I just love how you still used all the characters but put them in separate times, like Bradley and Hakuro and the Homunculi in the past but Kimblee and Scar and Grand and all of Mustang's gang in the present, and somehow it all still works together... Just genius. I also love how you took some characters and references from the canon manga (such as Olivier) even though this was largely set in the first animeverse. The intriguing plot has kept me on the proverbial edge of my seat to see what happens next and how the mysteries unfold. I love every bitty bit of it. Please tell me there's more? It doesn't look like there's going to be, at this point, and I can probably fill in all the little holes with a bit of imagination, but I also would love to read more. This was brilliant. Excellent, excellent job. I loved it. Keep up the great work. (:

-Word
Griselda Banks chapter 17 . 6/15/2012
Oh my GOODNESS. This was AMAZING! I've rarely read such a well-written, fascinating AU. Because of the little things you changed, everything was different, so even when recognizable things cropped up, I could never tell what was going to happen. And that led to even more tension than there would be otherwise, because there was no telling whether any of them would survive the ordeal.

I look up to you now. I want to write like this someday, whether it's fanfiction or original fiction. Thank you so much for writing this and inspiring me so much! _

(Just a bit of clarification, though: This story is done, right? 'Cause you haven't indicated that, but I can't see how it could be continued, so I just wanted to make sure.)
Whitetree-Nimloth chapter 17 . 2/19/2012
This is so damn good. I loved reading this so far, I can't wait to see the end of it all. Wonderful AU. And incharacter too... loved it! (already said that )
not paranoid enough chapter 17 . 1/28/2012
So...does this meant that there's a book three? One where poor Mustang has to deal with TWO Elrics who may or may not remember what has happened to them? Granted, it's been awhile, but think that such a book is a worthy endeavor!

Here's to hoping for a Chapter 18 :D
merichuel chapter 17 . 11/24/2011
damnit, this was amazing! but will ed remember? and al? do they have tha ability of clappling-alchemy?

i really really like this story! u are a fucking genius!