Reviews for Walkabout
Hortensia chapter 1 . 4/13
Wonderful story, thank you!
WyrdeDragon chapter 1 . 4/1
Interesting, humorous read. No idea how accurate the dialect is, but I'll disagree with some of the other reviewers. I had no trouble figuring it out and actually enjoyed reading it,

For the length it is it covered a lot of ground very well. I would enjoy seeing 'Arry in a longer piece, but if this is all he has, it's good enough.

Thanks for posting.
PiptheSnake chapter 1 . 3/25
... I only looked at this because you referenced Australia and I'm glad I did. It was great; thanks for posting
fellow chapter 1 . 3/21
I really want a sequel.
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 3/20
Cute story. Too bad Harry didn't go and visit the Dursleys. They probably would have had heart failure. Dumbledore certainly seemed less interested than I would have expected. He's usually up to his elbows (or his long, pointy nose) in Harry's business.

It would be fun to see how this Harry handles the Basilisk, the Tournament, the DoM, etc.
victoria chapter 1 . 3/9
Hi, this was brilliant, I also lkied 1 of your other fanfics I cannot recall the name but I cannot wait to read more of your fanfics.
Demon Lord Cashmere Snow chapter 1 . 3/6
Loved it. Reminds very vaguely of a book I once read called 'Songlines'
WolfishPennings chapter 1 . 2/9
Really like this thx for sharing'
Inferius1957 chapter 1 . 1/24
This was a very original "Lost Harry" story, very well thought out and written.
I'll add this lil gem to my Ultra Secure Zombie proof bunker.

]-)
Fullmetal11791 chapter 1 . 1/24
I have absolutely no clue about the different accents found in Australia, but I'm going to assume that this was legit. Pretty entertaining one shot, somewhat disappointed that it only covered one school year though.
Ikurus chapter 1 . 12/29/2013
This story is just brilliant. Loved it.
Thank you for writing and sharing this.
mndstjohn chapter 1 . 12/9/2013
Good story. Are you going to do Chamber of Secrets too?
Tr0g chapter 1 . 12/4/2013
Fun story. I wish there was a sequel, but what's here is pretty good on its own merits.
chain.reader chapter 1 . 12/2/2013
Good writing.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/1/2013
Oh dear. Rather a far fetched set up with the dursleys taking him to Oz, but well, after that it has a nice flow, a comfortable level of humor and if maybe the language/dialect is slightly irritating to read especially in this length the other qualities of the text like the likeable persons he's meeting down under or the quirks his own personality took on while under the aboriginees make it far more than up to any reader. Nice to see how this "bush-smart" little guy points out every weak point and blatant failure in JKR's oh so complicated and long winded plot.

In that notion it MIGHT be nice to think about a sequel mocking some of the other stupid plots in the other books, simply as 'Arry Durral is such a nice guide into the lands of insanity and british wizards wisdom or lack thereof... but i can also understand how this story feels complete and told as it is.