Reviews for Gentlemen of Last Resort
VG LittleBear chapter 14 . 3/14
Hi, this was a great tale. I admire the way you translated Gibbs, Tony, and McGee into Victorian times. They still sound like themselves, in a London sort of way. I presume Gibbs was drinking Darjeeling tea without milk!
The case was plotted interestingly, one of the best progressions I've read here.
All I can do is plead for you to write more!
Thanks and cheers!
Arhie chapter 14 . 3/12
Every chapter bettwr than the last. Loved it. Thanks for sharing.
Arhie chapter 6 . 3/10
This chapter is superb. I love McGee's thoughts, and Tony's "which is why you will be dancing with no one." Abby. and Tim's crush, are perfect and adorable. You exceed yourself.
Mivichi chapter 14 . 7/11/2013
Everyone was so deliciously in character. The attention to detail, the plot, and great writing kept me hooked until I had finished the entire story in one go. It left me quite sastified. Fantastic job!
lokobookworm95 chapter 14 . 10/19/2012
I've been resisting the urge to read this story for a while now. I would see the summary in other people's faves, and think that it sounded kinda stupid. But today I was trying to avoid doing my homework, so I said oh, what the heck. And I was very pleasantly surprised! This so a very good story. It's well written, the characters click, and the setting just works. I loved it, and I can't wait to read more NCIS stories from you! Keep up the good work!
Infinitechange chapter 14 . 8/24/2012
very awesome story! -
force42 chapter 14 . 8/6/2012
What an awesome, fantastic, wonderful story! I liked every minute of it. You have successfully transferred the entire team to Victorian England without changing the characters or dynamics in the slightest. And Gibbs still drives like a maniac! Bravo/brava on a story well told!
pielover62 chapter 14 . 5/26/2012
i came across this purely by accident, being mostly a reader of Superantural fan fiction. But I had been hookd by another story in the same AU and was referred to this original story. I can't tell you how much I love this AU! You've done such a wonderful job with all the characters. I want more of Gibbs' back story especially!
Chloris chapter 7 . 3/1/2012
I feel like I ought to take a pause in the middle of my reading this to tell you that this is by far the most entertaining story I have read in ages. You've mastered the sentence structure of the Victorian era and I love it. Absolutely brilliant work.

And now that I've taken a rest, I'll go back to reading. Well done.
hitsuni chapter 14 . 2/23/2012
You are amazing. I really really adore this story. Especially love the interaction between Gibbs and Tony. Love how you started out with the story, about the theatre, about clock, Lady David, and many more!

It was until the last chapter that i realised that the steampunk or McGee inventions refers to technology. That sudden realisation made me laugh out loud.

More please! Looking forward to the sequel!

(I went through the one shots too! And i really really would love to read more on Gibbs and Tony. How did they meet? And how does Gibbs find out about Tony's dad and his relationship?)

Thank you for sharing your lovely creations!
random chapter 14 . 2/22/2012
Love this story so much! The characters seem to fit so well into this universe and time period. I can't wait for the sequel but do make one request: more of "the Lady". Ziva is one of my all time favorite characters, and you write her so well that I wanted her to be in more then the few chapters. I hope you get more into the backgrounds of people, especially Tony/Ziva in the sequel, and that said story comes out soon!
Vigs chapter 3 . 2/21/2012
Here via a rec from LJ and the happier for it. I am so enthralled with your set-up and your writing style, which suits it so perfectly, that I am kicking myself for not having found it sooner. I am but 3 chapters in and it is already in my top 5 NCIS reads. THANK YOU for sharing this with all of us!
ferryboat George chapter 14 . 1/27/2012
You wrote them as if they were always Victorian and never had been in DC :) Simply a delightful story. The only suggestions I can think to give you though, are two crossover ideas, since you've put them in the time and place. The first is a cross with Sherlock Holmes, which would be simply delightful :) The second I don't know if you've read, but it would be fun to cross this with Mercedes Lackey's Elemental series. Anyway, I'm looking forward to whatever you write in this universe :)
dreamsweetmydear chapter 2 . 1/22/2012
So I took a class on Victorian mysteries in my last semester of college, and I have to tell you...this READS very much like a Victorian mystery. From the way the dialogue flows, to the way you describe things. I feel like I'm reading a cross between Arthur Conan Doyle and Wilkie Collins. I just finished chapter 1 and am about to start chapter 2, but I can tell you that you've held very true to the language of literature from that time period.

I'm waiting to see a mention of "grog" (a little brandy mixed with water, if I remember correctly, though it might also be whiskey...).

Loved the details about the sewing of books, and ink on Tim's nose. Also loved how you stayed true to police assumptions that if a man has even the slight background of a "gentleman" than he is most likely innocent. That's a very subjective thing, but that's also what made it so fascinating.

Looking forward to reading more! :)
Tonzura123 chapter 14 . 1/1/2012
It's difficult to find well-written stories in this fandom, but you, Sequitur, are a fantastic writer. I love what you've done in this AU, and I love that you can mimic the fashion of speech from this era so well, and I love the inclusion of the clock, and I absolutely love this story. Wonderful work!

As Always,