Reviews for A Hundred Separate Lines
AWWWWW!
degrassian4ever chapter 10 . 6/14/2013
Awwwww!
eliandclareinlove chapter 20 . 2/12/2013
it kept my attention the whole way through. i enjoyed this very much. it's one i wouldn't mind reading over again. one of my favorites!
lovefiction88 chapter 10 . 1/28/2013
I absolutely love your version on Eli and Julia's story! Eli not being manic and yet still clingy in believing they were meant to be and determined to keep her with him. I like your version of her death better than Degrassi's "hit by a car" story
Lettuce.B.Frank chapter 20 . 1/10/2013
Yes. I feel in love with this story! Thank you for writing it!
ChasingYou chapter 20 . 11/29/2012
Pure perfection.
ChasingYou chapter 19 . 11/29/2012
Oh my, I absolutely loved it. I'm seriously considering going back to chapter one and just read it all over again, that is how amazing this story was. And you made it a full circly by mentioning what Clare said to Eli on their first meeting and thinking back on the story, she became so much more than just a wallflower and it is/was beautiful!

Also you mentioned how journalism is about objective writing. I'm currently following some journalism classes and you are absolutely right about it. And to be honest, I love writing more when my emotions are involved, like when I'm writing fanfiction or anything else. But that was just a side comment about me.

And you have captured Johnny in just one sentence. When he said something about how he will miss them and then looking shocked because he couldn't believe he said that. To me that was Johnny, that was truly something that Johnny could say and look shocked afterwards. And you really have that talent, to capture characters in just one sentence.

You have written this beautifully and I truly enjoyed every part of it. Words can honestly not express how much I enjoyed this chapter
ChasingYou chapter 18 . 11/29/2012
Okay wow. This is going to be a long review, just a slight warning beforehand ;)

I understand Drew's point of view. I understand that he was in love with a girl that he could never have and I understand that he hated Eli's guts because he got (in his eyes) everthing that he wanted. He was the brother to Adam that Drew never was, Eli had loving parents, something that I'm guessing Drew didn't and he got the girl that Drew was in love with. It is actually really sad and I get it. I get that he wants to destroy Eli because he thinks Eli killed the only girl he ever truly loved.
The only thing I don't agree with is the tactic that he chose. In a way Eli is just farther mentally than Drew is. Drew is still lost in the past, seeking revenge, while Eli is trying desperately to forget about his past and trying to move on. And for a long time he couldn't but then Clare came along and reminded Eli that there is still something worth living for. And I hope, I really hope that Drew finds some meaning as well.

I love Clare in this. I love that she is there for Eli after his conversation with Drew. I love that she reminds him of her love for him. I love that she is waiting for him. I'm just in complete awe with her at the moment. And you brought Liberty back. Or you mentioned her. I just love you for mentioning here and bringing back all these canon lines from Degrassi and other characters. Just brilliant!

So like I said, long review, but I just wanted to know that I really enjoyed this chapter!
ChasingYou chapter 17 . 11/29/2012
Oh wow, Drew is going to come clean. And wow he was in love with Julia, and he probably hates Eli because Julia chose Eli over him. Can't really be mad at Drew for that. In a way it is actually understanding why he would want to destroy Eli. But I'll wait until I hear the entire story from Drew before I start making assumptions.
And Johnny really is their secret keeper, haha. Kind of feel bad for the guy, being hit by a lamp and all. And poor Adam, his own brother lied to him numerous times. I'm really glad Clare is there to help Eli get through this. She really is his anchor in this mess.
ChasingYou chapter 16 . 11/28/2012
Aw how cute are they? No serieusly you actually made me jealous of a relationship between two fictional characters. They are so sweet and wonderful and lovely and just plain happy and it breaks my heart a little because I wonder if there is someone out there for me. But enough with the self pity I love reading about the happy times between Eli and Clare. You are so good at writing these really sweet moments between them that make me sigh with happiness.
Also I know that Drew keeps saying that he is going to fix it but he has been saying that for a while now and it is still not fixed. And one moment he seems sincere and other moments he seems like some evil geniuss and I don't know which side of him is real, you know? I'm a bit confused about his behavior and I'm beginning to get scared that he is behind all this but I kind of don't want him to be because I like the friendship between Eli, Adam, Drew, Johnny and Zane. And I like that Clare is part of that friendship as well. And if Drew is really behind all this, well that would fuck everything up (excuses for my language).

Anyway I just wanted to let you know that you really have a talent and I'm really enjoying this story!
ChasingYou chapter 15 . 11/28/2012
Wow, you know how to make us readers hanging ;). I love the Zane/Eli interaction, they are the most awesome drunks ever. And Fitz is gay, I actually laughed aloud. But yay Clare didn't sleep with Fitz, she didn't lie, she is just as wonderful as she always was and finally Eli has no more reasons to not believe her. I'm cheering while reading :)

Also did you just hint at a conspiracy? I was suprised by Julia's dad voicemail. I kind of forgot she had parents too which is weird but it is probably because Julia is mentioned so much but her parents are almost never mentioned. Anyway I like it, I like that you bring back that piece of Eli's past and that you gave it a face. Also I think that is a conspiracy and I honestly think that Johnny is the only one who knows all about it. Because he is the secret keeper ;) Well and the person who is behind the entire conspiracy, which I am hoping desperately isn't Adam, knows everything. I'm really can't wait to find out who it is.
ChasingYou chapter 14 . 11/28/2012
I really like this chapter. You write the most intense fights ever! And every line is just so well put that after reading it I just want to start all over again, because it was that good.
I believe Clare, I honestly believe Clare. I believe that she didn't sleep with Fitz, especially not to get information because that is not how she is. And I kind of love it how she is always late, because it reminds me of myself, haha. And Eli just needs to start believing her, just believe in her. I really hope that he will. But right now I think he is the sweetest guy ever for switching seats with Zane. That was really sweet and lovely indeed. And Johnny, he knows something, he knows something but he doesn't say anything. He is like their secret keeper who knows all these things from everybody but doesn't say anything. He really is a great friend but I feel that maybe he needs to speak up and clean this whole mess that is going on.
ChasingYou chapter 13 . 11/28/2012
And Jake makes an appearance, yah! I absolutely love Jake on the show and in this story, but he says the complete wrong thing at the wrong time. And something doesn't add up, why would Clare be mad about the box if her and Jake are back together? Maybe I'm reading too much into it but either they are back together or they are still broken up and Jake just spoke without thinking. I'm hoping for the latter but it could easily be the first.

And poor Adam en Eli, both being scared for the girls. I kind of love the picture you drew with your words of how they are misfits but still stick with each other. And I even had a moment when I hoped that Eli would turn gay because Adam and Eli holding hands, was just the cutest thing ever! But I just like Eli and Clare a lot more so please don't make Eli gay ;)

On to the next chapter!
ChasingYou chapter 12 . 11/28/2012
And to think that I actually started to like Drew. I bet you anything that he called Fitz, anything. Well, of course I can't really bet you since you know what is going to happen because you are the writer but yeah.

The break-up was so heartbreaking but beautiful written! It made it harder to read because it was so realistic but I get why Eli is breaking up with her. But it is a trap and I just wished he would talk to Clare instead of breaking up with her. And aaah, all these feelings! And now I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope that everything is going to be ok.
ChasingYou chapter 11 . 11/27/2012
Well that was hot! I love it that Eli calls himself hers instead of calling Clare his, it is a nice change. And let's be honest, he is completey hers.

Also that interview was a bit weird and screwed up. I'm kind of scared that Eli's past is going to catch up with him and that this is just the silence before the storm. But what a great silence it is with Eli and Clare falling in love with each other!