Reviews for The Ten Thousandth Hunger Games
Heslen chapter 8 . 9/23/2014
Wait, sorry, the District 12 girl is Anne Small and she has a sister named Holly? Holly Small? What? ... Too much Artemis Fowl...
Flintlightning chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Amazing story I'm actually glad jaeger won when I saw how he interacted with his sister he was good character and forest was also. Hopefully you'll come back and do another story.
Flintlightning chapter 27 . 3/23/2013
Forest 4 Ever!
rainbirds chapter 27 . 8/9/2012
Woow. So much to say, such a small box. Just. Incredible. Woow.
xx-Twisted Fantasy-xx chapter 27 . 2/13/2012
Yay!

I'm so glad we finally have a winner! I was rooting for Forrest, but the fluff at the end made me happy that Jaeger won - that doesn't make me a sap, does it?

Anyway... I'd love for you to update A Guide To Not Making Your Tribute Suck... Um, I haven't read it in awhile, but maybe you could do a chapter on Careers or something, if you haven't already.
OhSoVeryLovely chapter 27 . 2/9/2012
Wow. Great ending! Even though I kind of didn't want Forest to die, the ending felt totally like something he would of done. I like that Jaegar won in the end, and their little conversation was so good. Just as you think Jaegar's going to die- BAM- Forest goes and commits suicide, it was so unlike all the other usual cliche crap endings in other SYOTS. It was great!

Would love a sequal!

RIP Forest, my only ever tribute to get this far.

ToxicatedRose chapter 27 . 2/8/2012
Ok... Ok, I'm actually going to force myself to keep calm and start with a big "yay!" that's is the epic finale, because epic finale's are just... Epic. Love the Robert Alton Harris quote- I've always been fond of it. Do you know what he ordered as his final meal? Let's just say it was very delicious and even more unhealthy. But, ah, they're probably my favourite famous last words.

Jaeger and Forest both deserve to come home so much. Both of them- especially Forest has their heart in the right place and both of them- especially Jaeger- have their own motives to come home. This scene was really epic in an original way. Usually we find the super pretty District 5-12 girl facing off an intimidating Career in a fight of good and evil, but this was veryyyy different, and fresh, and their little exchange was really... Melancholy, I suppose. And then Jaeger is attacked and it's a bit of a panic moment where you feel like it's all going to end terribly.

And then it didn't- but it did. When Forest commited suicide I was kind of shocked and sad, because I like Forest, and then I realised that I wanted Jaeger to win anyway but it was all very confusing. Forest's suicide lingers between really tragic- the fact he could have won but he chose not to, probably for a "better cause" and yet it's really touching that he'd do that. It saves Forest getting more blood on his hands, and despite the way a lot of people portray suicide as selfish and "you go to limbo" blah blah there was something unusually calm and selfless about Forest.

But yaaaay! Jaeger wins! I loved Forest's ramblings, but I always vouched for Jaeger. The fluff was fluffy, but a little bit of fluff doesn't hurt- it was great, actually, and I'm more of an angst person but we do need a bit of fluff every now and then. Anyway, I'm happy- Jaeger wins and Chell gets her brother back :)

Sequel eh? Well I'd be interested. Will it be the ten thousandth and first Hunger Games? ;)
Delta Omega chapter 27 . 2/7/2012
That ending felt... right. I liked both characters, but the strong, brave death of Forest at his own hand made me happy. It wasn't ruthless or empty, and Jaeger didn't have to murder anyone else. I liked their conversation too. It's funny, I don't remember ever thinking about Jaeger or even acknowledging him before he did his mercy killings 'round the eight tribute mark. Lovely story though.

Please keep me informed if you choose to do another SYOT as I would LOVE to submit to you again.

Wonderful job, and congratulations:)
katzsoa chapter 27 . 2/7/2012
Beautiful! This was great, I loved it! Yes, happy endings are few and far between with these fics. I managed a bittersweet (with emphasis on the "bitter") in mine... The bit from Chell's POV at the end was pure love. PURE love. I'm really glad you got so much mileage and development out of my character; I sorta feel proud of him.

Fantastic!
OhSoVeryLovely chapter 26 . 1/28/2012
Woah so much death, but on better news Forest is one of the final two! YAY FOREST! It's the first time one of my characters has actually gotten near the end of a story - If he wins I will actually love you XD!

I think the final showdown could be interesting though, Forest VS Jaeger, and with Jaeger being a killer and all and Forest not really caring. Hmmmm...I wonder who will die? Either way, this is a great story, and probably the best SYOT I've read (And I'm not just saying that because Forest is in the final two). Can't wait for the update!
CruzdelSur chapter 8 . 1/26/2012
Sorry, but what is it with the twins all over the place? You know that only one in 80 preganancies produces twins, right? Or are the things in Panem so different? Or is it the evil work of the Gamemakers? I would like to know...
CruzdelSur chapter 5 . 1/26/2012
Hmm, you know that "sol" means "sun" in spanish, and is... a girl name? Doña Elvira and Doña Sol are the daughters of the Cid Campeador, the epic spanish hero. Just a comment, I don't mean to offend!
katzsoa chapter 26 . 1/26/2012
Final two! Wow, I was NOT expecting Jaeger to get this far! My characters tend to die.

Let me see... Forest has a cut down his back and a broken wrist, but he DID just throw Lithe, so he's tough, and while he himself doesn't have much interest in winning he definitely does NOT want Jaeger to win because Jaeger's a killer. Jaeger came pretty near to drowning, and he's been slowly losing his cool over his past few appearances, but he still has both of his knives and is very determined to survive.

My money's on Jaeger. He's got to go home, and reconcile with his family, and talk to Chell about blackberries...

Hey, if he dies, can that be his last word? "Blackberries." So that Chell knows he cared in the end.

Whichever, live or die, make it awesome! :)
ToxicatedRose chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
Stupid enter.

Continue: alone is really nothing, right? And ooh Suede's alive! I don't think Forest likes him anymore :/ I kind of liked their relationship too... But Forest has every right to dislike him... That's it Forest, be the better guy.

Ex-tributes brought alive as new mutts? You definitely brought some originality into the cliché, I must say :) and now Forest wants to save Suede? He's a bit fickle if you ask me :')

Oh, Lithe.

It's weird yet VERY in character to have Lithe wish that she was dead and an evil mutt herself, but don't ever wish yourself dead in the Games- because you either die or you live to continue wishing yourself dead.

Lithe has a twisted sense of humour... I love it!

And Lithe's charm has ran out *laughs at pun.* That being said, I want Jaeger to win. Jaeger and Forest are both two of my favourites but Jaeger has always been my personal favourite- he's antagonistic but there's definitely good there. Forest deserves to win but he's just... Eh, meh.

Epic finalé time next chapter, I presume?

~Toxic
ToxicatedRose chapter 26 . 1/26/2012
Oh god, Suede has had a bit of a bad time, hasn't he? I find his sarcasm so endearing, and I'm reviewing without reading the chapter first (it gives me more to say) so I don't know what happens... I hope he ends up alright...

Poor Forest. I'd definitely say he has a pessimistic view on life, but there is something very true about it- it scares me that the earth or our milky way al