Reviews for I Walk The Line
KingBowser444 chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
This was a very intertesting take on how the series started! It was detailed and the characters were close to their originals. Keep it up!
Souldin chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
I certainly did not expect Mario to listen to Johnny Cash but hey, that just means he has a good taste in music. So I reviewed one Mario fanfic earlier and so to follow it up I will be reviewing this one which I was initially put off from reading because it was a lot longer than the other fanfics of yours that were available to read at the time.

It’s hard to sum up my feelings on this fanfic, or at least to give it an appropriate rating. I would say coming from you that this is average, your 'average' skill work though is higher than others though and in comparison to others this would be a 'great' fanfic. I call it average for your level, partly because it's the truth (for what you write this is not bad but it's not up there with your better fanfics) but it's also how the fanfic feels. Writing is splendid, details and descriptions take into account Mario's surprise and wonderment at seeing the Mushroom Kingdom for the first time, and the humour succeeds in being humorous. Pacing is a wonderful thing as well because you don't rush Mario's time in the real world or the transition to the Mushroom Kingdom. Mario's characterisation is an interesting one, embodying the average man and general good guy traits that make up the character but also implanting some unusual aspects such as his ability to come to terms with another dimension in a fairly short amount of time (his reaction to this, while not common, is realistic and was pulled off well).

I wasn’t exactly gripped by this fanfic, it had some entertaining insights but the style of thought based writing did not flow well with the adrenaline and surprise required for the action orientated moments. I felt Mario learning of the existence of the Mushroom Kingdom, while brilliant at presenting the shock, was too dialogue heavy and not enough description or thought was used to convey Mario’s shock. I also began to get suspicious at your complimentary presentation of Luigi, knowing how you often use Luigi to voice your opinions and present yourself within fanfics.

To conclude though, while I did not find it particularly gripping or exciting I can tell it was well written and many other readers will enjoy this work. In this case perhaps it was personal taste or a difference in expectation that interfered with my enjoyment of this fanfic (or the barbecue I’ve just had has made my mind lazy) but this is certainly not a bad story, it’s just not...mind-blowing. Great job, keep up the good work!
The Hero's Shadow chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
This had a really nice charm to it. It was realistic but still kept the whole "magical world" charm that Mario fans love c:

Very nice job, sir :3
Razcoolzle chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
I really enjoyed this! It was a really humourous and exciting way for Mario to be introduced to the Mushroom Kingdom. I rather liked Mario's thoughts on Italian music XD you're a great writer :)
ccootttt chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
Wow I really like this so far _

I like your idea of how it all started, its a really good storyline so far :D

Please update this soon, I can't wait to read more :)