Reviews for Why I Breathe
cmr2014 chapter 44 . 5/15
Captured Kherev - how interesting. Disinformation, or did he truly survive?

Oh, not only captured, seemingly turned as well. Ooh...

It is slightly sad that this fic seems stalled out. I would have liked to know how the Darksaber angle got resolved.

But this is what imagination is for. I can make up my own end in my head.

This has been a good read.
cmr2014 chapter 43 . 5/15
It was very interesting to watch the battle against nature in this chapter.

I wonder if Kherev is absent, or really gone gone.
cmr2014 chapter 42 . 5/15
The characters almost feel like they're RPG characters at this point, the way the squad leaders each have their own unique thing.

Personally, rather than continuing to fight, I would have let the dragon attack the transmitter (and clones) and strategically retreated to safety. But whatever. I'm not in the thick of the action.
cmr2014 chapter 41 . 5/5
I'm not *terribly* sure why this was put in, but the hint of Vader appearing is interesting. Although I was under the impression his past as Anakin was unknown to all but Palpatine and his inner circle. Is this Coast perhaps, maybe, one of the old guys from the 501st, maybe now Vader's XO?
cmr2014 chapter 40 . 5/5
"That armor of yours is incredible."
Then it must be far superior to the armor stormtroopers would later be issued. One shot, down they go.

So with the inclusion of dragons now - do I consider this to be Pern or Berk?
cmr2014 chapter 39 . 5/5
Well, this threw me for a loop.
cmr2014 chapter 36 . 5/4
I really don't think I will ever be one of those people who climbs for fun. I can never really figure out a good way of getting back down without more climbing.

I kinda miss calling him by his number. Although that did feel out of place, so I assume I will adjust to the name "Hero" quickly.

I knew it! I *knew* a dragon would butt in where it wasn't welcome!
cmr2014 chapter 35 . 5/4
Wait, which is it, squadrons or squads?

Never pictured Darksaber sauntering before now.

If they could isolate the Jedi, one by one might indeed be the better option. I am convinced the best option is a nuclear strike from orbit, but then I haven't had my coffee yet.
cmr2014 chapter 34 . 4/4
Everybody's feeling the strain. Everybody's struggling to suppress it.
cmr2014 chapter 33 . 4/4
He was raised for a purpose. Now he doesn't have that purpose. Worse yet, he's fighting against his clone brothers, which I'm sure the programming and training made as a family to him.

What it felt like inside? That is a *hard* thing to ask him to do. Does she even realize how hard? Does she realize the magnitude of difficulty of what she's asking?

Italian has two words for knowing. One means to know something in your head, the other means to *know* it. "Do you know Joe?" One word, I'm asking if you know who he is. The other word, I'm asking if you know him personally. I find it more useful than just the word "know".

" matter which way you move, you're betraying someone."
Egads, you have reached into my mind and pulled out my sentiments!

Just when I got used to calling him Thirty-Nine.
cmr2014 chapter 32 . 4/4
Justification, Kherev? War calls for a good hard look at yourself. Part of the problem with the Jedi, after all, was they justified their participation in the Clone Wars much the same way you're justifying your actions now.

He expects Thirty-Nine to just be all in for what sounds like slaughtering other clones? So then, he'd be perfectly accepting if it were Jedi they were fighting?

Had a bunch of stuff written, somehow it got erased. But it boiled down to - Order 66 sucks. It forced people who had forged a bond of comradeship through combat to choose one loyalty over another. Truly insidious (pun intended).

Rough ending. Brings back bad memories.
cmr2014 chapter 31 . 4/4
Aaron somewhat gets on my nerves. Kid, just trust that the girl you like is tough in her own right. Ease up on the overprotectiveness.

Even though the implication is that Julia has feelings for Aaron as well, without that I still could understand her reaction to Kherev. It's not nice to find amusement in a comrade taking a hard shot.

Man, that's some dirty work they got into.
cmr2014 chapter 30 . 4/4
Sidious. Bah. No matter how powerful he was, I always considered Vader the far more interesting character. Sidious's reasoning for hating the Jedi, for choosing the dark side, for all of it - every time I try to understand him, I only ever find this raw lust for power, this desire to control everything. Even before finding out he was Anakin and all that business with the prequels, I much preferred Vader to his master.

Personally, were I Darksaber, I'd tell Sidious to go to hell and simply take what I needed and not even bother consulting with him.

Sleep is a precious commodity at any time for one who doesn't sleep well.
cmr2014 chapter 29 . 4/4
I used to fight the closed-in feel of darkness by pretending I was invisible.

Force healing...that reminds me of one of Zahn's Thrawn novels, wherein Luke was using what limited information he had gained of Jedi skills in improvisational ways - he neutralized a sentry/guard by putting him into a healing trance. Made me laugh very hard.

After so much intensity, some emotional decompression is natural and needed.

I don't think Aaron really means it. Reckon time will tell.
cmr2014 chapter 28 . 4/4
Mixed emotions, so tangled. Is Aaron in love, almost at first sight, is it a mere crush exacerbated by the situation? Is Julia's annoyance really the product of an overprotective hovering, the result of feelings she doesn't want right now, or nothing to do with Aaron at all? Small wonder that some wish emotions were simple little things.

"This love is not evil."
Ah, but neither was Anakin's for Padme. But love can prompt us to do things that yield unintended consequences. Leaving the Star Wars universe for a moment - I call one Harrison Wells to the stand, Your Honor.