Reviews for Rumor Has It
delete-account-please 5149757 chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
pretty excellent story it was cute.
delete-account-please 4171342 chapter 1 . 11/24/2013
Pretty cute story it was good.
The Founder chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
nice
WarblerChris chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
Okay, so I just had to read this again! Now I'm sad because I've read ALL your Clollie work...what is my life worth now? Yeah, okay that was kind of dramatic but anyway! Thanks to your amazing work, I started writing my own so that gives me something! But yeah thanks! For all your amazing work!
tubazrcool chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
my heart is a puddle of squeegasm right now - cannot contain feels
duchesscarml chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
Are you telling me I NEVER reviewed this! Seriously?O_o This was great! I've said it before, and I'll say it again; I love how you keep them wonderfully in character! I completely see them both being just like this in the situation you created. I love the "my smile" thing from Clark, because it's completely true - Oliver smiles at him differently than he smiles at anyone else. Chloe didn't even get that smile... Sorry Chloe. And I love how Ollie was trying to find something, anything wrong with this guy that Chloe had set Clark up with. lol THAT is completely Oliver. lol Though, he should have known the guy wouldn't be some undercover criminal if he had the Chloe stamp of approval... :) Love this. They are my forever Smallville OTP! ~Duchess
delete-account-please 742011 chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
this is thebestestfriendsforever just moved to a different account. good story.
hpfan1987 chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
I love your stories! this pairing is so amazing, Clark/Ollie together are so perfect, although I do like Lex/Clark in the past too... Cant wait to read more from you!
Storylover158 chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
I had to bite down on my lip to keep from yelling out AWWWWWWWWWW so I wouldn't wake the neighbors I LOVED IT so so soooooooooo much excellent job
alyuchiha913 chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
Awww I loved this. It was so fun and sweet with just enough angst. Lovely work!

Peace Out! _
Mickey chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
Loved it
thebestestfriendsforever chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
great story can't wait for more so please udpate soon.
Hallzie chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
This story really made me smile. When I read it I also noticed how your writing has evolved. It was good to begin with, but it's easy to see that you've gotten to know your characters so well by now. It feels like several characters have more depth now, as well as you know exactly how they'll react to certain situations.

Adorable and touching story as always. Awesome work -
lizzy384 chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
I know I owe you sooo many PMs, but I thought you’d probably like a review first (and I have to make choc-chip brownies today and then I’m away the next few days, so it could still be a while til I get to the PMs – sorry!).

Anyway, on to the actual review! I know it’s been used as song/movie titles over the years, but it doesn’t change the fact that I love your title to this story – absolutely perfect! And I always love it when it’s the boys who are doing the gossiping. I know the female gossip might be the stereotype, but it’s amazing how many guys are total gossips too (even worse than girls – they just call it boardroom/bar/club/sport/steam-room etc chat!). But I could sooo see the Justice League being a hotbed for rumours. Bart’s “Anyway, J'onn told me that Dinah said that Tess saw Clark and Ollie having dinner together a couple of nights ago. It seemed they looked real cozy.” – really made me giggle ;-) And I thought Ollie’s description later at the penthouse: “Figures it'd be Bart though. I mean, for all his macho attitude, he gossips like a little old woman.” – summed it up perfectly!

And AC’s rebuttals were great too – totally made me think of Draco and Harry...constant obsessing and arguing certain indicates intense feelings and some kind of tension...it’s just a matter of whether it can spill over into sexual attraction (and we both know that for Draco and Harry and Clark and Ollie, that’s totally the case – so obvious, hee-hee!) ;-)

Have to ask – my lack of JL knowledge...I’m assuming Carter is someone...who?

But, as with any rumour like this, where someone overhears and doesn’t think it’s true, the fun part is seeing how it nevertheless affects their behaviour and thoughts. I thought you did a great job with Clark – that gradual shift from amusement and total denial, through to thinking “are there signs” and finally the “maybe I am attracted to him, but there is no way he is to me”. Very appropriate too, I thought, that Victor was the logic judge – that his seeing something made Clark take a second look.

It was so lovely to see the easy friendship between Ollie and Clark during and after the League meeting and then later at Ollie’s penthouse. We’re at the beginning of Season 9 now here and Ollie is so dark and broody (Clark too, for that matter) and they are still at each other’s throats (though it doesn’t seem quite as bad as last season) – it just makes me so sad! So I love seeing a world where they have playful banter and, of course, delicious flirting (way too many wonderful lines to mention them all)!

Clark was so cute making Ollie favourite dessert! And then his nervous babbling: “Oh, I made a lemon meringue pie...Not just for today. I mean, I made it before…for you, of course. I knew you liked it, and I figured I'd see you eventually and…” – was absolutely perfect! Totally loved seeing Ollie cooking for Clark and in an apron (green, of course!) too.

I thought you handled Clark’s subtle shift of feelings for Ollie really well – both his realisation of how gorgeous Ollie was (seriously, Clark, how could you have missed that? ;-)) – then his nervousness at being caught out (and his attempts to cover those nerves) – and finally his being turned on by Ollie’s flirting and looks (loved the “shivers down Clark’s back”).

But I love how oblivious both boys were too – yes Clark’s finally starting to realise his feelings (with a little prompting) – but even without the dinner invitation, he’d made Ollie his favourite dessert (so I’m not surprised Ollie thought there might be a chance) – and Ollie had made all Clark’s favourites for the dinner (black forest cake...mmmn, yummy! – but specially bought from Star City too), which he wanted to be private so he could tell him something important, not to mention to full-on flirting happening...really, Clark, you didn’t have a hint?

Ollie’s response to Clark telling him about the rumour was absolutely heart-wrenching – poor, poor Ollie. While it seemed obvious in some respects that Clark’s denial of the rumour as ridiculous was protecting himself for what he expected to be Ollie’s agreement with the fact, you can also understand why Ollie, himself about to reveal to Clark that he thought of him as more than friends (and probably very nervous about that too, despite his outward flirty demeanour), would not be able to see through Clark’s denial to the truth – he’d just had his heart smashed to pieces.

But I wanted to shake Clark at the same time – damn, if ever there was a response that indicated the rumour might be true from Ollie’s end, Ollie’s was one – ‘cause I’m pretty certain Ollie wouldn’t be so flummoxed by a silly rumour that wasn’t true to drop a plate! Clark crushing his hopes and heart – now, that’s a reason to drop a plate! And then it was only reinforced by his lying about the reason he invited Clark over and what he wanted to talk to him about. Still, it’s easy to say in retrospect and from an outsiders’ perspective, not caught up in the moment.

I thought you covered Clark’s reasoning everything through really well. I was glad at least he could focus on Ollie’s looking in the kitchen and then replay everything over in his head (hmmm...nice to know I’m not the only one who does that too!). His lightbulb moment said it all: “How could he have been so foolish? The flirting, the suggestive comments, the dinner being so carefully planned and full of everything that Clark loved … it couldn't have been more obvious. And Clark might've carelessly broken Oliver's heart. No wonder Ollie had changed his mind.”

Clark’s constant thinking about Ollie once he’d realised Ollie’s true feelings was so sweet – loved the mention of the Green Arrow action figure and the green shirts in Clark’s wardrobe. It seemed so natural that when he truly thought about it, he’d come to the realisation that he was actually in love with Ollie.

Lovely little moment with Kara – I really like the idea of their being close to one-another – that they can convey feelings with a look. And loved she kept everyone outside of the room so the boys could talk ;-)

It was so understandable that Ollie’s response was to avoid Clark – to try and distance himself from him – sometimes the only way to really force yourself to get over unrequited love. It’s just good Clark wouldn’t take no for an answer (or lies for a response, to be more specific).

The tone of Ollie’s confession was perfect – his pounding heart – his sadness – the bittersweet nature of his words and then Clark’s response, all just brilliant. And the kiss – wonderful – you always do them so well! I think I must be tuned to hearing Pride and Prejudice, ‘cause Clark’s line, “I love you...I didn't know then but I know now. My heart always did, even if I wasn't ready to acknowledge it”, totally made me think of Lizzy’s to Darcy ;-)

And after all that angst, you ended on such a delightfully happy, smiley note! Loved seeing cheeky Clark come out to play with, “He grinned mischievously. ‘In fact, let's give them something to talk about.’ Ollie's smile widened, and he leaned forward, Clark closing the remaining distance as their lips met once more.” – you may not do smut, but you certainly created lots of images in my mind with that (I’m just going to pretend the boys aren’t so professional that they’d stop at just kissing...hee-hee!)!

So, yeah, I loved it! And I think it’s gotta be my longest review in a long time...just had too much to say! Happy Easter ;-)
Jenn chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
I really enjoy your stories, especially clark and oliver ones _