Reviews for The Mountain and The Sea
Looooved it
MotekElm chapter 9 . 10/19/2018
awwwwww
MotekElm chapter 8 . 10/19/2018
this chapter ends at the perfect spot
MotekElm chapter 7 . 10/19/2018
excellent
MotekElm chapter 1 . 10/18/2018
nice
HPForever24 chapter 11 . 10/12/2018
LOVED IT!
TheLastLynx chapter 9 . 10/1/2018
This was a great way to dissolve the conflict between Hermione and Draco! besides, I love it when fics include the harry/Hernione friendship. it felt really close to canon. also the way draco and Harry acted towards each other felt really familiar. and then: the displaying. fantastic and so funny. love that you have this undercurrent of comedy that keeps breaking through.
TheLastLynx chapter 5 . 10/1/2018
Great way to move things along, and I appreciate the implementation of the shared bed trope! by the way: the bit where a veela dies when it's rejected by its mate seems familiar, but the body shutting down as a last resort to attract the mate I didn't know beforedid you come up with that? I like it, and it makes a lot sense with everything fanon has added to veelas.
TheLastLynx chapter 3 . 10/1/2018
Another thing I thoroughly enjoyed, particular in this chapter, is how you explored pure-blood Ideology. a lot of times it's translated in thoughtless spewing of "Mudblood", without taking the time to touch on more subtle, underlying prejudices that would affect even the most common interactions on a fundamental level. You did a particularly good job with pansy, and how she struggles to come to terms with what she perceives to be the norm for all things magical (blood-purity as magical superiority), while everything that is happening around her proves the exact opposite (i.e. magic is unaffected by heritage, and Hermione being a Veela mate, of a pure-blood no less). it's really interesting to see that while Pansy apparently finds it far less problematic to accept Hermione's superior intellect, she struggles to come to terms with the fact that concerning magical ability they might be on equal footing as well, and heritage really plays no part in it at all. So, kudos for that! Really well done!
TheLastLynx chapter 2 . 10/1/2018
Fantastic exchange between Draco and Hermione at the end. Again, I'm very impressed by how well you capture them although the setting is distinctly un-canon.
TheLastLynx chapter 1 . 10/1/2018
I've read this story a while back on AO3, I think and it's always bothered me that I didn't leave any comments. I really enjoyed it. you captured hermione as healer exceptionally well. she is compassionate and smart, and her discussions with Pansy are exactly how one would imagine their exchanges and differences to pan out. thank you for adding the OCC tag. I generally dont enjoy OOC depoctions but here it really helped me enjoy the story as I was prepared me for the (albeit few) differences from Canon.
saoyedaoez01 chapter 12 . 8/27/2018
Loved it all. Thank you for sharing.
saoyedaoez01 chapter 10 . 8/27/2018
That was sizzling hot for sure.
saoyedaoez01 chapter 8 . 8/27/2018
I love it when Hermione is wrong. It’s annoying that if Harry had not researched the subject of veelas she would still think she’s right and Drac is wrong. Love this chapter.
saoyedaoez01 chapter 5 . 8/27/2018