Reviews for See Me Through
Hayseed Socrates chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
This is a beautiful little piece.
UseYourWords chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Awww! They slept together! Shame all they did was sleep. :) Lovely fic, thank you so much!
csiAngel chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Aww, poor Jane. Excellent writing of his struggle. Such a beautiful image of them both sleeping at the end there.
x-Blueberry-Muffin-x chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
I remember reading this a while back and was rather annoyed when I couldn't find it again to review...but here I am :)

Not really sure how to review this without turning into a bit of fangirl of yours but, simply put, I loved it!

You always seem to manage to find a balance between having adorable Jane/Lisbon moments without compromising their characters. I like that you used the medal to explore Jane's feelings about his revenge plot - something I felt could have been looked at more deeply on the show.

Wonderful, as usual :)

Also, I think you should do a finale fic ;) I'd be interested to see your take on it.
Anna chapter 1 . 4/30/2011
Awesome:)! sequel please?
Aquila1 chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
I've been away from Mentalist stories for a while, but I'm glad I came back to read this. Excellent work, as always. I love your take on Jane's deceit and how it's affecting his relationship with Lisbon. Great job depicting his inner turmoil.
Chiisana Minako chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
First of all, I loved that you turned that ending into so much more. To be honest, I really didn't like that ending, it seemed to me all of a sudden there were a lot of people making gifts to Jane (even though I can only recall two) and in this case, because he's not religious or believes in anything like that, it was kind of... awkward. And sort of meaningless to him.

What the medallion represented to him, however, (in here) was new. You always have this way of finding some detail about the show, or even within your fics themselves, and turn it and twist it in a way that makes sense, that's logical in its own way, and something that most of the times I've never thought about before.

The way Lisbon trapped Jane with his own words about the fact that LaRoche manipulated her (and Jane also does) was just genius. I loved that I was getting suspicious of where she was going at the same time Jane was :P

"making him both regret and appreciate having Lisbon in his life, the former for her sake and the latter for his."

I love this line. I don't know why, maybe because it fits him so well.

Do I really need to say which scene was my favorite? Do I :P?

If you're thinking the last one, you're on the right track. I love when he defies his own logic, especially if it is for something like this, knowing he has to wake her up but in the end, he doesn't. I love that it's not about lust, just about she's pretty and attractive and it's glued to his side. Yes, he's attracted to her, but you can see so much more from it. The tenderness, the sweetness, the care. Swoon Oh, and I adored that you mentioned her freckles earlier. Freaking love Robin's freckles.

This was overall sad, but I found myself loving it anyway. It has probably a lot to do with the fact that I can see this happening in the show. Lisbon sort of defending LaRoche's actions, Jane sharing something that might lift his guilt but not compromise his by-the-side investigation on Red John and her putting the pieces together in her mind, everything ending in silent communication (when they drank tea).

All in all, I think you managed to give a dark, angsty subject a hopeful twist, and I'm grateful for that :) there's only so much darkness one can take, you know? And show has had too many sad endings this season for my taste, I'm happy we have you, one of the super-kickass writers in the fandom, on our positive boat :)

Ilu
hardly loquacious chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
So you've placed this firmly in the redemption!arc camp, then have you? HEE. I am a fan. If only I could be utterly convinced this is actually what is happening on show. Nevermind. It is. IT HAS TO BE.

I like it. I like the end, and the final argument, but that is not my favourite part.

I liked the panic attack and its causes. That was particularly effectively done. Especially when the knowledge of what it is doesn't solve the problem, which is interesting to me, for completely unrelated reasons.

This is:

""You know, it's kind of rude to stand in someone's doorway and just watch them when you think they're not looking, not to mention creepy."

Lost in his musings, Jane is caught off guard by Lisbon's tease and realizes very quickly that he isn't sure how to reply now that he's been quickly figured out. Then she looks up and when he finds not a single trace of annoyance or irritation in her expression, his anxiety instantly melts away."

Though I couldn't tell you why.

Also this: "However, despite the subsequent chuckle she emits and her reply, Jane still notes how the mention of her temporary punishment still affects her. So he quickly decides that unless she says anything first, he will make no more allusions to the ridiculousness that transpired at the CBI offices during the last case."

Bonus points for use of the word 'ridiculousness.' Tell us how you really feel about that particualar scenario, Yana (I know, I should really talk).

And then this:

""Thanks but it's not like it was for too long and besides, you barely interacted with Cho the entire time. It doesn't seem like it would matter to you, or affect your work."

Oh, so she noticed, Jane thinks"

I liked that. Really, that whole section is my favourite, though, again, not sure why. It just worked particularly well for me.

Also, yay New!couch!

I like it. It's good. AND IT HAD BETTER BE WHAT JANE IS ACTUALLY THINKING. (I'm very nervous sometiems that redemption!arc isn't actually going to be what happens).
Frogster chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Aww, I enjoyed that! So much to say I enjoyed but I don't think I have time to say it all.

I'm glad that Jane sees Lisbon as someone he can go to when he needs to talk things out, even though he doesn't really want to tell her everything. But I think not telling her everything will, in the long run, hurt her more than telling her. Never telling her would do some serious damage to their friendship and Lisbon's already fragile trust issues.

I wish Jane would come to this point in the show, where they have a good talk, although one issue at a time would be better than a drawn-out run through of everything.

And while Lisbon's hint that Jane and LaRoche are more alike than he thought is true-as far as manipulating people goes-with the rest it is apples and oranges. Jane is adorable and has good intentions except towards Red John, and LaRoche is just the CBI's Pillsbury Doughboy and I trust him less than I trust Jane.

Besides, Jane's car wins over LaRoche's Hummel figurines any day.

Fantastic job, as always. Update soon!
Afterglow04 chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
What a very suitable quote you used. 3

I think most people were bothered by the fact they didn't seize the opportunity of ending with a J/L scene (really, they can't leave everything to our imagination, I wanted a scene!) so I was pretty excited to see you'd written a post-ep.

SO. First of all, before I forget, I have to say that I *love* that you included Jane thinking about his conversation with Todd Johnson, particularly the "you have to conceal what's in your heart" bit. I know a lot of people took that to mean he should shield his true intentions, but I interpreted that in a different way. So I like your mention and explanation of it here. In fact, the entire opening section with Jane in the attic is phenomenal. His thoughts, his attempt at control but failing and having a panic attack and the fact that you imply how it's all one big con he's playing on everyone to hide his true feelings/thoughts...I love how you wrote him here, it's so very in character. At least, I like to believe he secretly has these exact thoughts ;)

"He pairs the admission with a small but very genuine smile, the kind he reserves only for her and these moments between them"

Oh my. You're trying to make me melt by writing stuff like this, right? I may have swooned a little. Okay, a lot.

I like that you still had Lisbon stick up for LaRoche at first and how he acted. Not because I agreed with how he punished her (God no) but because it's consistent with the Lisbon we saw during the ep. And then having her draw a mental parallel between Jane and LaRoche, well...that was just really well done. And Jane coming to realise that he might want to be a better person. Oh. I expect I will never give up on these two, I love possibility of them too much, and I love how you explore that in such fine ways.

Also, I really enjoyed Lisbon's comforting words when she says his ability to connect with others is quite remarkable. Because it's just so true. It's something he used for not-so-admirable purposes in his earlier life but I like to imagine Lisbon sees the true potential of it now as well.

And then there's the ending. OMG. It was so incredibly sweet and at the same time, it almost makes me dread the day he will indeed have to come clean and spill his secrets. Or worse, that she'll find out some other way. I mean, he must realise it'll all come out eventually? But anyway, I choose to focus on the positive emotions this fic brought forth :p

Your stories never fail to make me happy, Yana, which really is a gift. Because I adore how you're able to infuse these oneshots so subtly with a touch of romance.

So once again, thank you for writing :)

I really enjoyed this!
MentalistLover chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Loved this. It was just great. So realistic, in my opinion. And I'm not a Jane/Lisbon shipper as far as romance goes, though I do believe there is some underlying attraction on both parts.
Jisbon4ever chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
Amazzzzzzing! What can I say? You always manage to capture the characters to perfection, but I think you know that already. :-) It's one of the reasons why I love your writing. It's like watching an episode and what we needed and wanted to see. (I wish the writers of the show would at least have half your talent, or that you worked for the show. xD) Wow, the way you descrived the emotions was brilliant. I expecially liked the part were Jane is asking her what she thought of him back when they met and now. And her answer couldn't have been better. That was my best part along with the ending part. It was all so well written. Thanks for posting it. :-)
Duppy Conqueror chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
You know I dug it!

And as a prior reviewer said, the key in this story is that you bring to the fore what everyone else has noticed. For a dude who's supposed to know it all, yet reveal nothing, S3 Jane is painfully transparent.

I've always chalked up this glaring discrepancy to crappy network television writing (you don't have to be good when 13 million people in the US alone are watching every Thurs)...but you take it an elevate it. Give it a reason, and a justification. And that's what fanfic should be about.
mia66 chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
wow! I totally like it!

You did a pretty good work; I can't image what Lisbon is going to do and feel once she knows about everything Jane is keeping from her but I know is not going to be good.

Thanks ths was really good hope to read more from you soon.
Cazza799 chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
Horribly tragic but beautiful at the same time. You captured Jane's internal war with himself amazingly. Great story.