Reviews for A Hero
The-Black-Prince-Thomas chapter 5 . 9/19
Absolutly love this story.
It is also the only DR WHO cross over where I can see a Dalek Declaring "PRO-TECT THE DOC-TOR!" and actually meaning it.
werd me chapter 5 . 9/9
This is really good :)
LoneWolfAndCub chapter 5 . 8/28
Aether0119 chapter 5 . 4/20
Bludflag chapter 5 . 2/19
It's the property of Gen Urobuchi; you didn't spell his name properly in the disclaimer.
Bludflag chapter 4 . 2/18
You made a few spelling mistakes (Kyoko is not how you're supposed to spell her name; the o has an accent so you have to use ou here. Just look at Rin Tohsaka - it's actually an o with an accent, except people nowadays write it as oh instead of ou in this case. It used to be Tousaka. Probably because it's easier to say it that way (Tohsaka), but I digress), even writing because he together at one point.

Do note that Homura is in her mid twenties (in canon) because the loops last up to a month and a half (getting out of the hospital, paperwork, and then school transfer with even more paperwork).

In any case, I'm surprised Dalek Sec didn't figure out what the Incubator did, if not how. Humans can with equipment see time intervals in attoseconds (10-18), so it would stand to reason that the Daleks can see it. Kyubey described it as neurons bunched together, making the body a simple external hard drive.

Fun fact; an alternative translation of soul gem from Japanese to English is actually manifest soul. Kyubey probably uses the English version here to mislead girls into believing it's just a radar and a power core.

Kyubey does not in fact, lie. His only lies are by omission, if you call that lying. Misleading and highly twisted truth benefits him, but he doesn't lie (how else could a society of Incubators survive?).

Kyubey's a psychopath, so it's literally impossible he was afraid of Dalek Sec; a psychologist manipulated himself into having a state of mind like a psychopath (carefully monitored by other people to get the brainwaves as close to it as possible). He described it as if one felt bravado. Except they don't have any other emotional states. They literally feel as if they can do anything coupled with human greed. Their centres for empathy in the brain simply don't light up, effectively lacking empathy in any form. Their centres for getting rewards works overtime, making them into unabashedly greedy bastards. Due to normal hormonal activity, they still feel the need for having sex, although they are cruel to those who they marry due to playing mind games and being total sadists. As such, they will torture even their children and parents (one asked his parents to give him money to get a job. He wasted it because the job thing was a lie without showing shame).

Things for Kyubey are probably different, being another species and whatnot.

Kyubey not lying is a bit of a stretch, I admit, but that's how it is in canon.

It's bluette, bluenette.

Madoka seems to have a martyr complex or something; she wants to be useful to others. As a person, she has more depth than Shirou (which isn't saying much), but I can't say much for her being wise. Bright is one way of saying that someone's smart but not wise. Truth, considering the math problem that Homura had to solve on the blackboard was a college entry level one. No, someone actually checked that out. Some mathematician on Sufficient Velocity (Sk8torchic is his current username, but that can be changed).

Can't remember any other complaints at the moment. Otherwise, great story! I just hope this review is comprehensive and not full of grammar mistakes - it's past 2 AM here.
Bludflag chapter 3 . 2/18
Had Sec not been introduced into the equation, he was confident it could have gone on for something approaching eternity.

Actually no. In one of the games, she runs out of sand in one of the fights (I believe her shield contains some). Needless to say, that's a bad end.

Fact of the matter is that Homura Akemi wished beyond her potential. She received one of the most powerful magical abilities. It only cost her her strength (she's the weakest Puella Magi, practically a bog standard human), her capacity to use magic (she's the most efficient yet still needs grief seeds in large quantities), and she's eventually going to lose her time magic. After that, she'll still have to fight witches to gain grief seeds to cleanse her gem without magic, only her weapons.

Do note that every other girl wished for something comparatively easy to fulfill. Sayaka wished to heal a guy's hand. Mami... I believe it was to not die alone or without friend, idk (may have influenced her mental state so she would die in episode 3 - she's actually capable of killing Charlotte with ease). Madoka has the potential to change the universe, so she doesn't count. Kyouko wished to brainwash people into helping her father's church. Considering Kyubey does that routinely, I doubt it cost all that much (the scale may have been a factor, but it rather gradual as opposed to one big boom in followers).

Homura's in a bad spot, no matter how you look at it.
Bludflag chapter 2 . 2/18
Although at this stage she's pretty much stopped caring for anyone but Madoka.

Not really? If you're going with the canon amount of loops (nearing a hundred), then you'll notice Homura put effort into saving Mami, she was just stopped by those damnable ribbons (she struggled against them, trying to reach Mami in time. I sincerely doubt she did that as a front to fool Madoka, since she was alone when she struggled).

If you haven't seen it, there's a chart that shows how Homura got the strongest magic (time manipulation), but all other stats are incredibly low. In fact, only Sayaka's weaker than her (and just maybe Kyouko).

I'd provide you with a link, if I could remember where that chart was.
Bludflag chapter 1 . 2/18
At one point in time, energy will run out, and everything will die. Slowly.

*Twitch* Energy does not "run out". That's not even close to what entropy is. Entropy is the energy which can be used within a system. In a closed system, the amount of usable energy will continously drop until it's unusable. Running out would suggest energy would stop existing, which goes against the basic laws of physics.

Then again, my eyes literally hurt from lack of sleep, so look up entropy on the internet.

If you intend to use the German spelling, you might as well do it as Walpurgisnacht.

Dalek Sec is a ballsy mofo. I like him already (space nazi for the win!).
Law77 chapter 5 . 12/31/2015
I cannot get the picture of a tin-can whacking a stick at a girl out of my head. I was laughing the entire time.
Radon088 chapter 5 . 7/28/2015
Real shame this died such a premature death. I was looking forward to the Incubators finally getting their cumupance.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/10/2015
Puella magi:the ONLY setting where a psycho space nazi is the one to root for.
Guest chapter 5 . 2/19/2015
Please more Dalek Dwarf Fortress moments!
Guest chapter 5 . 12/7/2014