Reviews for Mature Me Till I Break
SassyReaderGirl chapter 1 . 12/22/2014
So many feelings. Heartbreaking.
eckomoon chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
Really liked this. I thought that episode was weird, 4x18. I thought it was so sad. Blair had just run Eva out in 4x04 and by 4x18 she's saying Chuck is too immature for a minor stunt with Dan. I like your take on the ending much better :)
BookCaseGirl chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
And now she didn't even—he couldn't…

He was spinning his circles. His mind wouldn't stop running, wouldn't stop torturing him. His heart wouldn't stop aching. He crossed the room to the bar and pulled out a glass along with a bottle of scotch. It would soothe the ache inside him temporarily. It wouldn't fix anything, but it would numb the pain. His heart would stop bleeding.

Wow do I know how I feels. Well..not necessarily KNOW, I guess, but I definitely understand. Totally relatable...head spinning in circles, and how it just wouldn’t shut up. I think everyone’s been through that at some point, heh.

For some reason, I really liked Serena comforting Chuck. It was really a nice change of pace. And it wasn’t the fake kind of comforting, either. Well..not that when she comforts him it’s fake. I’m not sure how to make this make sense, lol, but just...it was very genuine, and almost like when Blair comforts him. It wasn’t the least bit lesser than if Blair had been the one there, at least not from the outside – I’m sure it was for Chuck :P

Scotch was much better from the bottle than in a glass, he decided.

HAH! I love that. So Chuck. I just...love that line. lol.

"Oh, stop being so dramatic, Chuck." She rolled her eyes, though maintaining her hand forcefully on the door.

woooo! go blair :D I was about ready to tell him that at this point too, but I would’ve looked a bit more insane, yelling at my walls ;)

He looked fierce but vulnerable, angry but broken, like he wanted her to leave but was petrified of what would happen if she did.

I love me some contradictions, definitely. That’s beautifully poetic, dear.

Oh my god. Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god. Oh. My. God.

JUST...AAHHH! My heart aches. And my soul burns :( Okay enough of the melo-dramatics.

You. Are. So. Talented. I am an idiot for not having read this sooner. This is just..the EPITOME of angst. And the end...you made it happy, but it still had the angst beneath the surface.

I guess I never really knew how much Blair’s comment about Chuck’s immaturity really...had the potential of being so hurtful. If I recall (hasn’t watched the end of Season 4 since it’s airing), it wasn’t really covered in the show. But seriously, they should’ve hired you and made this fic into a darn episode. lol. The way he kept throwing her accusation back in her face...and it was like it was weakening her somehow, in a way that wasn’t apparently evident. Because really, if he hadn’t kept repeating that, it wouldn’t have allowed for the ending, when he was finally fully vulnerable, and she finally consoled him. That’s what I think anyway, lol.

And omg. LOVEDDD The title. It was basically completely perfect. I mean, it makes no sense grammatically (teehee), but that’s what makes it great. You totally made your own phrase, and it completely fits with the whole story-line, not like you just picked something out of a phrase or general theme of the story. But it really...describes the story in those few words, because Blair wanted him to be mature, and Chuck tried, and broke.

Ugh. So beautiful.

So. So. Beautiful.
hummelchen chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
OMFG! This was amazing! Exactly how I wished for Blair to react. Because personally I almost cried when Chuck was hurting so much on the show. I can't see him suffer like this. So I'm glad your Blair was there for him! Loved and faved!
Nicoley117-TheBlueMartini chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
HEY GIRL, HEY! :) *hugs* I was feeling like I hadn't talked to you in forever...and when I got the alert that this was posted, I was all like OH YES LAUREN HAS POSTED SOMETHING AWESOME FOR ME TO READ-IF ONLY SCHOOL WOULD STOP MAKING ME FEEL LIKE I SHOULD BE PUT IN A MENTAL INSTITUTION SO I COULD READ IT. Anyways, the day has finally arrived where I could afford myself a break and read some good fanfiction...

And oh yes, this oneshot was all kinds of brilliant! You like put me on an emotional roller coaster with this one. There were parts where I could feel like Chuck's frustration/anger/sadness being rubbed off on me, and I almost felt compelled to throw my tea mug across the room (but thank goodness that didn't happen because I am quite fond of it!). And then there were times where I was all like AHH GAHH CHUCKK DON'T DROWN IN YOUR DESPAIR AND KEEP REPEATING BLAIR'S WORDS IN YOUR HEAD BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW YOU WILL BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR HERR! Ok, so maybe my emotions weren't like a roller coaster...I guess I was pretty angry the whole way through lol...IT WAS JUST DIFFERENT SHADES OF ANGER...I was on the angry roller coaster that went through different points of anger! YEAH THAT'S IT!

Anyways, I thought it was sweet that Serena was concerned and HUZZAH SHE TOOK ACTION AND CALLED BLAIR! Confetti time!

And I'm glad that when Blair came, secret stuff got all revealed, like how she knew about what he said to Raina (thank you for having it be that he didn't really love her! WOOT!)and then Chuck starting to tell Blair what he wanted to tell her...yep ALL GOOD STUFF! :)

And definitely a sweet, sweet moment at the end where Blair decided to stay. IT MADE MY HEART GO THUMP THUMP...which probably shouldn't have happened because that really should only happen to the people actually in the relationship...but oh well, we already know I'm not normal.

Anyways, you did a fabulous job with this oneshot! :)

~Nicole
delusionalDaydreamer chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
Awwwww, Chuck and Serena sibling-bonding :) Anyway, I couldn't agree more on your thoughts about the episode. And when Chuck was looking at his photo in the end I totally "Awwed" at my computer screen. I just wanted to hug him! I wonder why the writers are so persistent on ruining C/B, why couldn't Blair have just let Chuck into his room that night and given him the comfort he needed. And what was mostly going through my mind as I watched it was that Chuck would love Blair no matter what she did or how she acted, but she's willing to throw him away after a tiny mistake!

Anyway, on the subject of your story, I usually don't go for angsty one-shots but I loved this. It was so well written and it completely describes how Chuck (probably) felt. I wonder why we never get a Chuck Bass breakdown on the show, with all the drama going on in his life, his suite should be completely trashed. I wished the show could have ended with something similar to this!

So, sorry for the rant, but I could tell from the profile that you're the kind of person that could probably talk for hours about an episode so I'm hoping you don't mind.

Great job ;)
AliceElle chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
I really like how you live up to your name, 'suspense girl'. Truly you do, I have read many of your stories and I highly enjoy your twist on the Chuck and Blair relationships because it feels almost real and true.

I have to agree with you about the episode, it was disappointing and I dearly wish it ended happily for Chuck. The reason why I read your story.

Good job on this story!
streetlove954 chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
Hey, I just wanna say that I totally cried while reading this...I wish you were a GG writer then maybe the ratings will be higher...I read your take on GG 4x18 and I LOVED IT... Blair is acting really funny, and everyone is happy that Ban to fail is happening, like really? wasn't it just yesterday that she hated Dan with a passion now she's standing up for him against Chuck! are you serious? I wish GG would so stop it...and did I tell you that almost every Dair fan is attacking me for being a Chair lover...You can totally vent to me because I wanna vent to...this is so like not happening! I LOVE YOUR WORK BY THE WAY!
lovetvtoomuchxo chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
this was a nice one shot...

unfortuantly l havent seen the episode yet and l do hope it played out like you have said,, but what l gather it didnt and there really was no happy ending...

either way great one shot and keep them coming...
carlybb chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
What a heartbreaking oneshot. I wished that Blair found out about the Russell/Bart arson thing too. Chuck is holding all the emotion and pain from that right now and I think it's going to make things so much worse in the episodes to come. I felt bad for him that he had no one to talk to about it. I agree that he truly just needs B to be there.

I sided with Chuck more in the last ep too. I don't mind Blair calling him out on kissing others and even the scheme. Yes, the scheme was slightly childish but B is hardly the one to talk. She's done much worse. Plus, the scheme was relatively tame by Chuck and Blair's standards. But for her to reject him like that was really harsh and over Dan too. Blair of all people should understand Chuck's insecurities about not being enough and feeling inadequate. She just reinforced those fears with her words. Also she said last season that she would always be his family, but now she just cuts him off like that? When he basically is asking her to be a part of his family? It was too much. What's worse is that Chuck was excluded from all the vDw family drama too. He wasn't even in the family photo! The poor guy is completely and utterly alone, while dealing with some horrible secret from Bart's past.

Anyways, thanks for writing a oneshot to give Chuck a bit more of a POV. I also appreciate Serena caring enough to call Blair. Let's hope for better eps to come.
Tigger23 chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
i completely agree and sided with chuck too...it broke my heart when he had to take the picture alone without blair...and dan just needs to die

great story
Pistachio Rules chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Love it! I like how you began with the scene of Chuck staring at his picture. It's the most depressing scene in the episode :(

Likewise, despite what Chuck did, I still feel sorry for him.

Without Blair he truly has nothing. Man I wish the writers actually add an emotional Chuck scene! Gah, I want to see a vulnerable, crying side of him and not just a sneer and some snarky comment to convey his emotions.

Great oneshot!
I Prey On Blonde Boys chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
I actually went to your profile and read the entire rant and you completely said the exact same thing as I'd been thinking and yelling. Blair wouldn't have cared at all about Chuck doing that to DAN, think of all the things she's done and said to Dan, the real Blair Waldorf would have been excited that Chuck was jealous, that would have been the goal the whole time. And I loved this, I actually cried. :') Lmao it was pretty amazing this one shot. Gorgeous. Team Chuck? TEAM CHUCK!
chillwithJyl chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
GOSH. This was soooo good! You just pulled my heartstrings.. I almost cried. :(
pty chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
I read your review of the episode and waoo, I see you are really upset about it. I go a lot to TV fanatic and I've been reading people's comments and many have complained that the episode was either boring or too much of a filler episode, and it seems that it didn't satisfied many Dair and Chuck and Blair fans because they weren't getting what they expected for their ships. Other people did liked it though. For me it was an ok episode, nothing extraordinary but not awful, though I felt really sad for Chuck and Blair, Chuck broke my heart with his photos at the end and I have read many comments in that sense. I also felt bad for Dan because he has a crush and is alone in that deparment. As for Blair I'm not upset with her but I read many comments of people that feel in a similar way like you do, it seems that she was confusing, some people understood she was mad about the scheme which is ridiculous of her because it was a small thing and she was scheming in 4x14, not so long ago. Some others understood that she was mad because in a way it was directed against her and she doesn't want schemes in her relationship with Chuck.

Your one shot is really good and I liked it a lot, you really worked hard to reflect angsty Chuck in it.