Reviews for Covered In Sin
Zuvios Gemini chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
Cougar hating sweat makes so much sense that it's not even funny. Wonderful story. :)
Aelan010 chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
so ungodly hot.. and yummy.. and yet beautifully poetic.
The Scratch Man chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
Very nice story... like the whole idea of it. I hate sweat, too. :)
Enigmus chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
That was just plain 'ol HOTNESS!
pixiestix16 chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
not going to lie, this one's not my favorite of yours. It may very well have something to do with the fixation on sweat, which kinda grossed me out. On the other hand, the fact that it grossed me out so thoroughly (I was feelin' queasy right along with Cougar, even though I don't share his same level of disgust for sweat) says something about the quality of your writing. You were really, really graphic with that sweat. I swear to god I could at least remember thee exact feelings of beads of sweat rolling down my body as you described them. On the other hand, I'm not sure I believe Cougar would be so fussy about sweat. You wrote it believably, but I just couldn't see it. Maybe my own vision of Cougar wouldn't let me. Maybe the impracticality of being in an institution like the army, which kind of requires you to be sweaty and dirty a lot of the time, mixed with his absolute calm in being in a humid, hot, sweaty landscape in the source materials was what made it hard to swallow. I do liked how you explained how Cougar was able to get over his distraction to do his job as only Cougar can - the story would have absolutely not worked if you hadn't, it was a very key part - but at the same time the Cougar in my head is oblivious to his dirty, smelly, sweaty skin until he has an opportunity to get clean - then, maybe, he scrubs the hell out of his skin and relishes, revels in the brief cleanliness he feels. Because after all, any place the Losers are likely to be is just as likely to be a punishing landscape, often hot and sticky and not to shy about making them all look like a bloodier version of Pigpen. I guess as close as I can go is Cougar really enjoying that small window of time, and maybe wishing wistfully that it were longer before beads of sweat pricked up out of his pores because merely sitting in such a sauna-like environment caused his traitorous body to ooze salty slickness.

Who knows. I'm currently on my ADHD meds (for once), and should be studying for my midterm later today (hence the ADHD meds actually being taken), and instead I'm completely focused on pulling your story apart and analyzing it. Hell, I'm having a hard time resisting the urge to write my own version. I think it would, theoretically, expand on Jensen's sweat being different in bed then in battle - all sugary, spicy goodness, no fear or anger or anxiety. Maybe there would be tongues testing this theory, who knows ;)

anywho, sorry if my review seems overly harsh. I can't quite tell if I sound like an asshole or not... a bit disconcerting (and again, why I don't normally take my ASHD meds, but I digress), but I hope it's not mean sounding or anything. It's just my genuine response, un-sugarcoated, straight outta my addled brain. AND, I would like to add that I can't wait for your next Losers fic. I've been in dire need for a good one, and everyone else I've found thus far sucks. So, keep them fingers typin'!

- (hyyyyper-active and possibly derranged) Pixie
Soulem chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
Nice :D Haha, Cougar hating sweat, never thought of that before. Most people don't lol.

I like how the ending repeats a little bit from the beginning :)