Reviews for A Model Romance
cavemenftw chapter 8 . 8/19/2013
"Can't sense anything but what's poolin' between your thighs, Luv. Hot an' wet. Lots of Buffy, touches a' Spike." He licked his pale lips appreciatively.
- That is a great souless Spike moment. He is just like a dog or child, in the moment is all that matters. He has a tenuous grip on propriety (alike almost zero), and has pretty much zero awareness about things that might piss others off. His first reaction is all about him. Though I always thought Spike could figure the right thing out given a little time. He's also a contradiction in that he reads people well, and can give them what they need if he cares to, also provided there is no contradiction to what he wants.
(I am super tired and in the mood to talk, hence the reading so much into a couple sentences. I do feel like I should stop now though, I am working up a truly long ramble

I remember guessing exactly where the mirror was pretty early on in the story the first time I read this. Not saying you were terribly predictable, it was just a lucky guess.

Regarding Mellissa there is a slight complaint. I can surmise that she is powerful by how she seemingly easily subdues Buffy, (or maybe she is still enchanted, but when she spoke up I assumed she was ok) but there's no description of why Buffy didn't struggle, or how she knows that she can't gain the upper hand on Mellissa. Like I said, small quibble.

Oh, ok she's holding her with her gaze somehow. Maybe I missed that.

Buffy retreating into herself I kinda got here, I of course am used to verbose Sweet, so this threw me at first, but going back and rereading, I get it a little bit.

Your action has gotten much better, but anytime things get intimate in any sense, your writing is beautiful Sweet. Sometimes they're just small moments like this one - "Don't look, Luv, don't look." Spike murmured into Buffy's hair holding her tighter. Her head was buried in his chest and he knew she didn't need to be told twice."
I think it's because you do tend to earn your moments. Your good at drama, and you put your characters through an emotional gamut.

Whew! The confrontation after Mellissa died, that was another good example. That "you said you'd never leave me thing was pretty darn good."

"Leave them. It might hurt them to come back- especially if they've been there for what seems like a long time." Spike nodded slowly, understanding that she, more than any other, would be an authority on that subject.
- I dug that a lot.

The whole rest of this damn chapter is emotional. I was a little detached from the story for a bit, but jebus you pulled me back really quick.

That whole end part was fantastic stuff. You and emotion just get me right in the sentimental section of my brain. The whole halting "your my guy", that hits my warm fuzzy spots.

I stand corrected on the action comment maybe. The building collapse, even though it was short, (which makes sense being that it wasn't palatial or anything) was pretty damn good.

Well, that was my incredibly tired, maybe jumbled, but definitely contradictory review. One more chapter to go.

This is a really cheap happy thought, and for that I apologize ahead of time.

Happy thought:
A warm soft bead surrounded by freshly laundered and sun dried linens and blankets. A small though decidedly feminine hand reaches for you as you burrow under the bedding and make a comfy place to sleep for 3 - 3 1/2 hours. You link hands and legs tangle together and two matching sighs mean an end to another good day.
cavemenftw chapter 7 . 7/31/2013
"She's the love goddess. And she was born in a half-shell, right? Or something. Something about a half-shell." - This was pretty darn cute.

Buffy calling Spike her very own 'God of Love and Beauty' was pretty entertaining as well. It was very stars in your eyes beginning of a relationship.

You know, I don't believe I have ever read a fic where Spike and Rileys' 'who has the better deal' talk was referred to. Nice touch, I liked that conversation.

Lack of breaks made transitions in this story confusing. I had to read a few spots over again when I realized that time had passed or the scene had changed.

Spikes' summation of their plan struck me funny. (Smiles)

"If you wanted to try anything, I wouldn't push you away." - I found that sweet for some reason.

I didn't remember about Spike making his heart beat. I can't even fathom the physiological bit of that, never mind the mental.

Early Sweet is still pretty entertaining.

Perfectly scrambled eggs with a glass of fresh juice, and crispy crispy bacon.
Guest chapter 7 . 7/18/2013
I am having a lot of trouble reviewing this, in case you didn't notice. It's not because I don't like it, or think of it as a lesser story, I actually like this piece quite a bit. It's just sort of like meeting a younger version of someone. It's a curiosity. I don't know if that explains it, but that's what I'm thinking.

That all being said, I did love something specifically in this chapter. Buffys' vulnerability. I think you did an amazing job channeling her season six emotions here. Now, I am not saying she would have fell head over heels for Spike, but if somehow she had been able to just get away after she was brought back, we may have seen a much better, healthier road back to recovery for Buffy. I also think you are portraying that well too.

"Did you do something to me?" Buffy demanded. - In that moment she was trying to hold onto her misery I think, I thought it was well placed.

A raspberry cream pie, with a beautiful flakey crust and a baked graham crumple topping.
cavemenftw chapter 6 . 7/17/2013
I am liking this, it moves slightly faster than the usual Sweet story, but still has some of the lovey dovey stuff you do.

It's not as polished as your later stuff, still it has its strengths and is definitely worth reading.

"You'll have to forgive him. He's from Barcelona."
cavemenftw chapter 5 . 7/9/2013
I do love the way you write season six Buffy. The yo-yoing emotions and moods are for me better than what the actual show left her with. (which was pretty much monotone or angry, but rarely at the same time.)

You did a good job with Buffys' inner monologue too. Particularly during the modeling bits, where she did the most constructive arguing with herself. As nice as some of what she thought was during the more intimate scenes, it is a little easier to think charitable thoughts about someone during sex. (There may be just a touch of projecting events from my youth in that view point though.) (winky smiley)

"I'm not hysterical! You're hysterical!" came Dawn's distant voice. - That line came through loud and clear in the Dawn voice in my head. Gave me a chuckle.

Unreasonably aggressive, but still true statement of the day:
Penguins are just like people, watch them for an hour and try to tell me I'm wrong!
(It's not as good as Yummy thoughts, but I am in a weird mood right now.)
cavemenftw chapter 4 . 7/7/2013
You do love to turn the mood on a dime in your stories. I know that, but this chapter was the first time I think I have ever really gotten it. I can't explain what I mean, because I don't think I get it in that way, but some part of my brain got something. (smiley)

You are definitely a better writer now than you were here, but I am seriously starting to get into this.
cavemenftw chapter 3 . 7/7/2013
There were a couple of points I really liked, in what was a pretty good chapter overall.

One of them was this line. "Okay. Okay. I- I can breathe. I can breathe. Am I breathing?" She looked at him, eyes bright and frantic. I thought that was a really evocative line.

The second part I really dug was Spikes 'Laugh at poor Spike' speech. There was a lot of souless Spike in that speech, but softer at the same time.

I enjoyed reading that. Good job Sweet.
cavemenftw chapter 2 . 6/26/2013
First off, I do see what you meant when you said that you had polished your skills since you wrote this fic. I actually spotted it almost from the get go.

That being said, I still really really like this piece. Your plot is fun, and your pacing in these two chapters is really really good.

It is 3:22 AM as I write this, late but this is the only free time I have for the next couple days. This isn't much of a review, but like I said 3 AM.

In 2 or three days when I have more time, i think I will review this chapter by chapter.

I hope you have a great day Sweet.

Happy thought: Penguins.
Thats about all I have this late at night. :)
cavemenftw chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
Oh wow, I forgot how much I liked this one.

That was a fantastic first chapter. Your season six Buffy was pretty damn good, and I really loved your Spike and Dawn bits. I really dug those two together and this felt really good.
I always found the Giles leaving so Buffy could grow up storyline to be razor thin at best , (mostly just a cowardly kind of move.) so I kinda hope you deal with that a bit.

I had completely forgotten this was a season 6 fic, I disliked a lot about that season aside from a few great episodes, so a lot of the fanfic I read first was about fixing that depressing season for myself. I am now wondering if this is going to read differently this time around, now that I am just reading it for pure entertainment value.

Alright, I have a finite amount of time before I must head out to the salt mines so I will cut this off right here.

I may or may not review each chapter as I read it, but know that I found this first chapter really entertaining.

Surprising happy thought: Hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go. (Do the Dwarves sing hi ho on the way to work? Or is it strictly a home from work they go kinda thing.)
ameo66 chapter 10 . 5/2/2013
Well, that was certainly long. It almost seemed unnecessarily long, but true to the style of the series. Enjoyable, and very sultry. Nice.
virginia.albert.49 chapter 4 . 5/1/2013
this seems to be a very good series. i can not wait to get into all of it.
virginia.albert.49 chapter 2 . 5/1/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
Guest chapter 10 . 4/4/2013
This story is adorable! Love the plot - very interesting!
Rabbit-moon chapter 10 . 3/28/2013
Wow! You are an incredible writer! I love your stories and your style!
I am a huge fan of Spike, and you have captured his voice so wonderfully in your stories. I fall in love with him over and over again everytime I read your works.
I'd love to vote in your poll, but it's almost impossible to pick my favorite love scene. They're all so beautifully written!
You are one of my absolute favorite Spuffy authors! *love*
Guest chapter 10 . 1/26/2013
Lovely story! I really enjoyed it. So inventive, yet so could fit into the show. Excellent.
141 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »