Reviews for Say That Something
TheQueenOfGleeks chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
I cried so hard reading this! You are such a talented writer, and I can't wait to read more from you! :)
mailroomorder chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
A great one shot. I'm a sucker for little!Kurt stories.
Pheldiner chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
Awwwwwwww cute! You should do more klaine stories too!
Berkwood Court chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
Baby Kurt, oh my god, I can't even.
Beautifully written, I love how you wrote Burt and the very last line got me all choked up.
Okay, back to stalking your other stories now. :)
Rocks-my-socks chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
This is an absolute gorgeous piece of writing, and really captures both Hummels!
Kyd Chyme chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
Wonderful!
trufflemores chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
This was beautiful.

The scene when Burt is sitting in the waiting room alone before Kurt is prepped for surgery is so powerful. He's still grieving over the loss of Mollie, and right from the start of this, it's emphasized that he lives his days to avoid thinking about her. His entire thought process is consumed with not thinking about the loss of his wife even though it's, ultimately, the only thing that he /can/ think about. And that's crippling him. It's so clear that Burt Hummel isn't even functioning anymore under these conditions. He's barely surviving and yet trying to pretend that he's moving on and that everything will be okay if he does so. But that moment in the hospital is when he finally realizes it, and it's the reason that he's able to actually get up and begin piecing his life back together.

Because he still has Kurt, and Kurt's terrified and young and desperately needs him. My heart broke for both of them in this, but it ached when you mentioned all the rituals that Mollie and Kurt used to do that were lost with her death. The bed time stories, the companionship, the affection, the love, the daily concern and care that a child desperately needs. Even though Kurt is a strong kid, he still needs that in his life, and until here, it's clear that Burt didn't realize that. He was willing to accept that Kurt would stay at the garage with him to be closer to him, but he didn't know that he needed to be emotionally closer to Kurt as well.

So I love this. I love that Burt comes to his senses, because I can't imagine Kurt's life without him. He lost Mollie at such a young age that if Burt had completely shut down on him, undoubtedly he wouldn't have grown up the same way. Granted, they aren't the same as they would have been if Mollie was still around, but they're still strong and their relationship is there. They've survived the loss of Mollie and even been able to rebuild their family after.

Still. Poor Kurt. Poor Burt. Incredibly well written and beautifully told, but still heartbreaking. It makes me doubly glad that Burt survived his heart attack and Kurt met Blaine. The Hummel family wouldn't have been the same if those hadn't happened in their future, and this is the quintessential moment after Mollie's death when Burt finally accepts that he will be a father to Kurt even without his wife and Kurt's mother at his side.

I loved it.
EvilRegalGleek chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
This is so amazing, I can totally see it being part of canon...but AH you messed with me with this one, Mollie would have made this all better...
WhatKatyDidNext chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
This made me cry. (I think that means it's good.)
blazersandbowties chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
ScarletReid chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
im at the clinic...with my mother..and she is showing the same symptoms...0.o!
Rhianna chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
Oh God, mah tears! When I was reading the part where the nurse was examining Kurt, I was like "Oh dear, please let it be appendicitis and not bruises from a bully at school or something." Poor little Kurt. And the meltdown before surgery, I started sobbing at the part where he said his mommy left and now his dad would too. Oh God I'm tearing up just writing this and thinking about it. Wonderful story.
bitchboughtmycookie chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
Baby Kurt is so precious, I can't even. My poor baby and his poorly tummy. I just want to hug him.
tagalonglovers chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
I've never wanted to cry more! I'm just sitting here thinking about more baby Kurt and Burt and I love this ):
dreamer 3097 chapter 1 . 1/10/2012