Reviews for The Changeling
PhilosophersStoner chapter 5 . 4/25
Ahhh! Only just noticed this had been updated! Absolutely fucking amazing as per usual... You are insanely brilliant at writing!
I absolutely love this story and this chapter is perfect.
I particularly liked the Fleur and Ginny friendship which is completely non-canon but, just fits really well into this fic as Ginny knows exactly what it's like to be an outsider and to be lonely in a place that a lot of people call home.
I do kind of wish that you had explored the kiss between Antonia and Ginny more because I think they could have a really interesting relationship. However, I do completely understand if that isn't the way you want this fic to go.
Anyway, this update was awesome, you're awesome and I can't wait for Year Six.
TacoMang chapter 5 . 4/20
Wow. This is amazing! I love how detailed Ginny's character is and how it's never quite clear how's she's going to do something. Also long chapters good :P
Hayden Avery chapter 5 . 4/20
Really brilliant
Ginipig chapter 5 . 4/19
AH! I am so glad you updated! These chapters must take you ages to write, but they're so, so worth the wait. The characterization is just brilliant. Some of my favorite parts:

Fred and George rooting for Gryffindor and Slytherin. Tear-jerking.

Ginny and Smita making up, and then at the end when Ginny realizes they're going different ways. More tears. We've all been there, and it's painful to finally learn that friendships don't last forever.

I *totally* called Ginny and Thompson! Haha! I think they were cute, but she was right, of course. She needs someone who gets her. But their relationship was very nicely (and realistically) done.

It took me until the twins talking about Ginny being totally oblivious, but I called that Antonia would be one of the kisses, too. I loved it! And I really love her. She's such a mystery. It's tempting for authors (myself included) to tell readers EVERYTHING about our characters, but mysteries are just so much more fun :D

"There's a difference between not having power, and choosing not to use it." This is an incredibly powerful quote, and both times it made me get teary. More so with Draco. I'm writing that one down. You used it wonderfully both times.

I really enjoy Ginny and Snape's relationship. I love that he respects her the way he does, and his DADA classes being great was a nice touch. So in character for them both :)

Weasley is Our Queen. Brilliant. It was at that point that I wished Rowling had written Ginny to be as awesome as she is here - and I *love* Ginny in the books. You write her so well, and everyone is so wonderfully realistic and in character. Trust me when I tell you that that (and tears, so two points to you!) is the highest compliment I can give a piece of writing. She is just so damned kick-ass in this story, and her relationship with Harry is so well done. It's not romantic, and I'm not sure it will ever be (and I can't begin to tell you how much I love being surprised by stories, because it doesn't happen too often for me anymore), and I like it. Ginny is not, nor does she need to be, defined by any of the men in her life.

Which brings me to the most amazing part: The Parlor. This is the most beautiful invention of your AU (and your AU is so realistic that I often forget it's AU and that Ginny *wasn't* sorted into Slytherin!). "The world isn't kind to girls with strange ambitions." As a female engineer, I can absolutely relate. Rowling's books, as much as I love them, are often lacking in strong female characters, and I love that you've helped to rectify that - not just by writing Ginny so well, but by showing so many complex women and calling out Slytherin women in particular :)

Just... AH. I can't wait for the next chapter! (And will there be a year seven, after the events of Deathly Hallows?) I admit it's been *years* since I read the HP books, but this story makes me want to reread them. Especially Half-Blood Prince, which was always one of my faves (it went 3, 6, 7 for me), with this as my own personal head-canon! :D Wonderfully done!
DigiEmissary chapter 5 . 4/18
The character work in this chapter was beautiful. Well done.
Duellist chapter 5 . 4/17
This is an amazing, complex, deep look at Ginny. Love it. KUTGW.
I'm so, so happy you posted. This was a great chapter, I stayed up way too late last night reading it, and I have no regrets at all. :)
nienerz chapter 5 . 4/17
I feel like all my ships have happened, yet none at all.
This was beautiful. And exciting, and so realistic. How do you do this?
Well, thank you for this chapter. Have a good one.
Rs223 chapter 5 . 4/17
Wonderful story! Thank you for updating it this morning. You writing is concise and beautiful. My favorite part is the scene between Ron and Ginny during the end of Year two.
LoreleiZabini chapter 5 . 4/17
This is one of my favourite Ginny/Harry pairings. The characterisation is marvellous
Flotsam And Jetsam chapter 5 . 4/17
Really great chapter
baybelletrist chapter 5 . 4/17
This continues to be brilliant. Thank you.
telescopium chapter 5 . 4/17
God I don't know where to start with this story. There are so many wonderful things about it from the way you write Ginny, to the way you write the other characters an these make me keep coming back to this story. This story is just great.
This story is not getting the praise that it needs! I was so glad I found this story, first on ao3 and now here. I am so impressed at the way you have written this au, normally au's, I feel becomes too unrealistic and over exagerate the characters, but your character developments are spot I, especially your Ginny, the way you have written her is by far my favorite version of her I have ever read! I really hope you continue this story, because you have yourself a fan!
Stelladoro chapter 4 . 3/21
I love this, I hope an update is in the works!
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »