Reviews for The Changeling
Kelsey441 chapter 5 . 15h
Argh. I wrote this earlier, and I'm posting it for the wrong chapter because I dont know which chapter it was for. Sorry.

I LOVED that, how Hermione tried to make Ginny feel better by highlighting how she's not brave and doesn't fit the Gryffindor stereotype. Seeing Ginny in Slytherin really highlights how prejudiced against them the other houses were.
Shootingstar7123 chapter 11 . 5/20
That was beautiful.
natalie.bohmova chapter 10 . 5/19
This is the best story I've ever read, seriously. I usually don't like this type of stories, completely different from original plot, and in my eyes Ginny is pure Griffindor with no doubts. Until now. I believe you every word you wrote, this is how it would have happened if it happened and maybe it should have happened, because I like it even more than original version. Ginny is my favourite character, but you made me like her even more. It's been six months since I finished reading it, but I still love it the same and I will never forget these eleven chapters, thank you
kirsant chapter 11 . 5/18
I peeked at the dates...and it took you six years to write this story. And it shows. The amount of work and heart that went into this, I can't even imagine. The planning was meticulous, the writing fantastic. You created a whole ensemble cast of OC's and made me care for them, from Smita and Tobias to Tilly and Bassenthwaite. The main characters stayed resiliently true to their nature, Snape and Malfoy at the forefront. It's appropriate, I think, that part of the epilogue revolved around the latter. His story drove the main one, albeit in ways that weren't his doing. Above everything, however, was Ginny's growth.

All in all, I had a spectacular time reading this story. Thank you for writing!
kirsant chapter 8 . 5/18
There are so many things I'm enjoying so far. The differences in the characters; how, for example, the main members of the DA (especially Hannah) each bring something different to the table. The subtle interactions between the students: Tobias, I'm fairly sure, is playing a role, just like Ginny, and he gave her the information about the two kids the Carrows were after. I love how Ginny has turned into steel, a fighter. And Snape is phenomenal. I hope this is an aspect that will divert from Cannon, but I fear it wont.
kirsant chapter 5 . 5/18
I really love the role The Parlor has come to play in the story: not as a special club for the elite, but a place that fosters growth and confidence for those who truly need it. It's just a great backdrop to show how much Ginny herself has changed over time, becoming stronger and more sure of herself...while making some mistakes along the way. But then, who doesn't?
kirsant chapter 4 . 5/18
There's this theme in your work that I am simply loving...of how easy lines can be drawn between people. How pervasive that mentality of "us vs. them" can be. And it's even more satisfying to see people grow beyond that, see past those lines, because on top of the spectacular writing, it's that nuanced character development that really awes me. Fantastic job!
CrimsonStarbird chapter 11 . 5/18
Wow. There are no words for how much I love this. Your Ginny is fantastic, and her development is well-paced, believable, and extremely rewarding to read. The Slytherin girls are great (especially Antonia), and The Parlor was an interesting concept woven really well into Ginny's growth. The time and effort invested in setting up Year Six and the atmosphere for the Battle of Hogwarts is astounding, with the battle itself being incredibly emotional and an excellent finale. I love how true it remains to the canon characters and spirit, while also going far beyond them and creating a Slytherin spirit all your own. I can't imagine Ginny being anywhere other than Slytherin any more. Thank you so much for writing this.
PheonixFeather10 chapter 11 . 5/17
HI I just finished this and you are actually amazing ... wowie ... I hope you know what power you hold in that keyboard of yours, because it sure is something. I'm going to go onto your other stories now - but wow huuuuuun do you see that broken heart over there yep that's mine I'd like a refund pls
Raging Iron Thunder chapter 4 . 5/16
Amazing chapter. Excellent writing, really deep and thoughtful, yet very fast moving.
Raging Iron Thunder chapter 3 . 5/16
Wow, again, what an amazing chapter. Strong, fast pacing, so much tension, full of character, so much meaning. So much thought. HOW?! HOW?! I want to know.
Raging Iron Thunder chapter 2 . 5/16
You do an excellent, AMAZING job of summarizing her second here. Skipping over time *JUST* right. LIke seriously, I'm going to be studying your fic for notes. The prose,the- the-... EVERYTHING. WHERE DID THIS COME FROM AND TEACH ME PLEASE!

Damn.
Raging Iron Thunder chapter 1 . 5/16
Oh my GOD! This got recommended in a "best fanfics you have ever read" and JESUS CHRIST... The first chapter delivers SO HARD. LIke, I am on my knees saying "I"m NOT WORTHY I'M NOT WORTHY" WOW.

What a fantastic summation of Ginny's first year. AMAZING. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
MINTERRIA chapter 11 . 5/10
this story. this story. i cannot even begin with words. (just look at my wet cheeks, you must know how i feel about this now.) you captured snape’s personality so well. and draco’s. both of them are so complex and interesting and simply BEAUTIFULLY crafted that all i can do is applaud you for this amazing story. thank you so much for blessing the world with this fic.
rcorrine chapter 11 . 5/8
Well. Wow. That was... amazing. Just superb.