Reviews for The Changeling
Queen of Narnia49 chapter 6 . 6h
Wow this is... Beyond words. A masterpiece and definitely one of the best fanfics I have read. I love your characterization of Ginny so much and I love the Harry/Ginny. Just perfect. I will eagerly anticipate the next update!
cinnamonarabesque chapter 6 . 7/28
It's rare to see writing of such good quality on fanfiction, so when I do come across it, I'm always sure to leave a review. In this case, though, I don't think I've ever seen such beautiful writing. Some of it, it's like poetry. You have such a way with words; I was glued to the page (screen) for all six chapters. Really, really amazing job. You know, I usually screenshot funny, well-worded or just thought-inducing lines from fanfictions that I read, and save them on my phone to come back to later. I'm pretty sure I'm just going to have to save this entire story, just copy and paste it onto my phone. Seriously. It was really incredible. I'm not a great writer myself, but I am an avid reader, so finding writing of this caliber on fanfiction of all places is refreshing and exciting to say the least. Your style reminds me a bit of the author Tonni Morrison (don't know if you've ever read her book The Bluest Eye, but I think you would like it, you both write with that incredible poetic style).
I liked how, even though every year only took up the space of a chapter, it didn't feel like a summary of events, or that I wasn't getting enough plot. It was perfectly paced, speeding up and slowing down when it needed to. And you managed to fit in plenty of character development for Ginny, who I liked in the books but felt like Rowling didn't give enough time.
More than just Ginny, though, all of your characters seemed very three-dimensional. I loved how you explored the grey areas that many writers won't, some opting to throw in an obvious villain or just not bother to develop their antagonist. Generally this is why I like Slytherin-centric fanfiction (provided the author doesn't turn it into a bunch of slimy politicians clawing at each other to be in top of the social pyramid while learning dark magic), because it gives that house a new depth, and enhances the original Harry Potter series. Basically, you did a great job in your interpretation of Slytherin - I loved the parlor idea especially! Mostly because you added in your own ideas and sub-plots rather than leaning too much on Rowling's plots.
It was a great story idea, and brilliantly executed. I can't wait for the next chapter!
turtlepearlove chapter 6 . 7/20
God this is such a brilliant story. You have made me fall in love with Ginny. The sheer devotion you have put in,in characterizing this amazing girl/woman. How every single character in this story is interesting/ amazing. I am in awe and love at the same time! Brilliant fic, keep up the good/ brilliant work
Amanthya chapter 5 . 7/17
P.S. You're the only one that's ever made me like HarryxGinny.
Amanthya chapter 6 . 7/17
I had no idea how much I wanted to love Ginny, to feel her become real and beyond her canon-Marysue self, until I idly clicked on this fic.

Everything about this au world is real and deep, and I was completely sucked in, as though I'd fallen into a pensieve. I eagerly await your next update, because there are so many things up in the air right now that I want to see land. Even if I don't like *where* they land, I have to know. Bravo, major kudos on your skill in developing Ginny - and everyone around her - as real people.
25Kevin chapter 6 . 7/17
I haven't read fanfiction in ages but for whatever reason, I decided to pick this up. Thanks for making it great, I stayed up til 4 reading.
Yukihime but not really a hime chapter 6 . 7/16
This is honestly one of the greatest stories I have ever read. The way Ginny matures and well I guess stopped being prejudice. I really love seeing a side of Slytherin that wasn't in canon and how everyone isn't just a death eater etc. I love the way snape's portrayed and how he is towards Slytherins. All in all this is amazing and I really hope you update soon!
Great time to reveal Tobias' last name!
Delos chapter 6 . 7/13
Thank you for writing this.
pwizduo chapter 1 . 7/12
Wonderful. 2 days after starting I'm stunned, I haven't fallen in love with a character like this since Alexandra Quick. I really don't think I can do justice to my feelings in a review but know that you have a new reader. Keep up the good work; don't change anything.
mdman1 chapter 6 . 7/12
Excellent story, I will very much look forward to reading future parts.
mdman1 chapter 5 . 7/12
Beautiful, simply beautiful.
16tonweight chapter 6 . 7/11
I' avid fanfiction reader, but I rarely review.

I'd just like to say, this fanfiction is one of the ten out of the 1,000 I've read that's classic.

When I say classic, I don't just mean something I could read again and again, or something very popular and emblamatic of some larger cultural movement; I mean, very simply, a work which one can point to as representing the very best a genre has to offer.

Other works may have more action, or a wider audience, or more fans, or more romance, or a more interesting universe; or more lurid prose; but no work combines all of these features into a complex, yet focused narrative like a classic. It's strength lies in using every element of storytelling with incredible skill as a MEANS to an end, not an end in itself. Its clear you've written not to get excited over action, or to melt over a romance, but to tell someone's story.

Congratulations.
beribboned chapter 6 . 7/10
I LOVE THIS all the character development makes me go pink and happy and just. ginny. you've made her something wonderful and fierce and she changes all the time.
i loved all of harry's scenes. particularly that one time they were beginning to dance around what - was happening, and their mutual hesitation and hidden disappointment. i think it represented very well the longing for something you can't even name yet.
thanks for sharing this.
miffy.chios chapter 6 . 7/9
I've been reading fanfics for nearly 15 years now, and holy shit, this one has now become my absolute favourite. In all this time I think this is the first time I've ever even written a review. This is truly amazing, thank you for having taken the time out to write it (and I so look forward to reading more).

You've just nailed it: from the plot, to the characterisation. Perfect.