Reviews for The Changeling
Molly chapter 4 . 2/1
I really love your writing! Your characterization and development are great, and I appreciate how realistically human the characters are. Wonderful job! I hope for more sometime in the future :)
themrsbooboo chapter 1 . 1/16
wow...just wow. I love ginny as a character and i really like slytherin ginnys. This is one of the best if not THE BEST slytherin ginny story i have ever read. Despite reading many good stories on this website, your story is so breathtaking that it made me open a account just so that i can write a review and follow your story.

Everything about this story is pure gold. The people are so in character and the conflict ginny goes through with herself and with the people around her is really believable and heartbreaking. The subtle romance between ginny and harry draws me in and the characters you create are so likeable. I love this story reallllllly much and i hope to read more good stories like this from you! update real soon! I will be patiently (not really) waiting.
Ginipig chapter 4 . 12/28/2014
Wow. Just ... wow. I couldn't even make notes of the things I loved so much because I was so damned riveted. I spent my entire afternoon reading this story. It's evening now, and I have to eat dinner and go to work tomorrow, but damn. So amazing. The story you've woven, right into Order of the Phoenix, is just stunning. I love all the side characters you've developed and the ones you've made up. And I squeed (it's a word, browser, go away little red squiggly line!) in delight at Smita and Tobias. I mean, they're awesome in their own right, but working them into the six who go to the Dept of Mysteries and Fred and George's great escape was just fantastic. Really. But them finally getting together at the end was beautiful and I loved it! I almost cried at this: "But most of all, Smita falling. Falling, falling, falling. The way Smita didn't get back up." I thought you'd done it, and I was prepared to be angry and upset and all those things. But I didn't have to.

Yet.

Now, where is the rest? I want to know what happens to them all now. How do the last two books play out for Ginny? What happens to Smita and Tobias in the war, and Antonia and all the rest of them? I don't know how long ago you updated, and trust me when I tell you I know what it's like to get into a rut with a story and not want to go back to it (I was planning to write this afternoon, but then I found this story called The Changeling), but this is fantastic and should not be left unfinished. Truly. I really can't say anymore. This is just wonderful, and I do hope you'll finish sometime. I loved reading it.
Ginipig chapter 3 . 12/28/2014
Holy crap. This chapter was even better than the last. I decided to make a few notes about what I liked to make my review a bit more articulate.

The Weasleys defending Ginny to the Malfoys at the World Cup, especially Mr. Weasley's slight against Draco. Always did love Arthur :)

Love Ginny and Hermione's relationship. They both know what it's like to be surrounded by 1) boys, 2) Weasleys, 3) people who think they're different. And they can both commiserate about Harry and Ron.

"They're all thinking it. They just aren't brave enough to say it. (And isn't *that* ironic?)" Yes, yes it is, Ginny. Love it.

I got teary when Mrs. Weasley gave Ginny the Secrecy Salve. It was just so motherly and ... accepting. Like she understands and doesn't care, which is what Ginny was worried about. (And honestly, I got the feeling Molly was more upset about the tattoo itself than what the tattoo was, like a mom ;) ) And it also makes me wonder about Molly - has she used Secrecy Salve before, or did she do the research just to make it for Ginny? Either way ... definite tears :)

The almost-sexual assault by Draco was horrifying, but very nice, subtle Snape hints. He, too, knows what it's like to be alone and left out, and to be snapped at by someone who he felt like he was helping would make him put his guard back up. Very, very nice :)

All the everything about the Slytherin girls standing up for each other, etc. Lovely juxtaposition of how to handle bullies - anonymously, not anonymously.

LUNA! So cute, and this made my eyes sting a bit, too: "It hurts a little bit, the way Luna beams as if she's been given the keys to some hidden paradise." Gah, I know how that feels, to finally stand up and do the right thing after being a coward for too long, and *that* is how it feels. It hurts a little, more than a little, remembering your own weakness and how it allowed someone else to be hurt. So lovely.

Dealing with her past with Tom, via boggart. Genius :)

Got teary again when Molly said, "You're a good girl, Ginny," with a "fierce pride in her voice." Seriously. Wonderful. Loved that Ginny told Molly to stay with Harry. It fits. And so does the end, where she finally comes into her own.

Also, I love Smita and Tobias (and I love Smita & Tobias, so cute!). Your original characters are really quite something, and I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying reading them. So glad I have a nice relaxing Sunday to do it in :)
Ginipig chapter 2 . 12/28/2014
I love this chapter so much. Even better than the first one. She's finally fitting in. She's a hero to little girls! And refusing to ride the Nimbus 2001 is just so ... Ginny. I really love how everything, except for the fact that Ginny is in Slytherin, is canon. It's just that much more believable. And it makes me think how much more interesting things might have been if Ginny *hadn't* been a Gryffindor. I can't really say more than just: I love it :D
Ginipig chapter 1 . 12/28/2014
This is amazing :) You know, it's easy to forget, since CoS is Book 2, that it all happened in poor Ginny's first year at Hogwarts. But damn, you write so well, and weave a lovely story of not fitting in and finding your place, all while keeping it pretty much canon. I love it so much. I love Ginny, so I am especially picky about what's written about her, but this is so wonderful. Well done :D
PhilosophersStoner chapter 4 . 6/4/2014
Wow! Just wow... This story is possibly the best characterisation of Ginny that I have seen in a long while. I haven't found many Slytherin!Ginny fics but this is the best by a mile! Keep up the excellent work and I hope you can update as soon as possible. I can't wait to see Ginny's version of HBP!
Ellie5192 chapter 4 . 2/10/2014
I am so very very very very happy to have another chapter of this story. Every single chapter is pure gold- such a brilliant idea, and so amazingly well written. They are so long and detailed that I understand the length of time between them, but I still crave more and more. Your take on Slytherin!Ginny is just amazing - pure genius.
I love the parallel between Ron/Hermione and Tobias/Smita - I'm not sure how deliberate the comparison was supposed to be, but I love it all the same. And it's great how you had Harry and Ginny develop a closeness within the bounds of this relationship - it feels so organic and natural, and not at all forced. It's great!
Huge kudos on this chapter, and as always I look forward to the next.
Quinndolynn chapter 4 . 2/2/2014
I will wait years between these chapters, because lord is it worth it. Because I actually stopped breathing when I thought Smita might be dead, and again when she wasn't. Because the Parlor has more allure than any canon classroom, and Antonia more worthwhile lessons than any of the professors. Because your Ginny has depth and flair and is so beautifully hurting and strong and angry and calculating, and so so worthy of this beautiful house that you are doing such elegant justice.

Cannot wait for next chapter, but I will :)
lovemya2000 chapter 1 . 1/23/2014
:-) Wow
nienerz chapter 4 . 1/15/2014
YAYAYAYAY! YOU UPDATED!
So... do you plan on updating the next chapter anytime this month? The next?
SqueeG-1 chapter 4 . 1/14/2014
Yay! I've been obsessively checking your LJ since you said you sent this to be beta'd. :) And it did not disappoint. Thank you and happy new year.
whatisfake chapter 4 . 1/14/2014
Please don't tell me it is completed

I love this story a lot. This story is a very unique and realistic story when Ginny sort into Slytherin

Please tell me you will continue to write year 5, 6 and 7
lady pomegranates chapter 4 . 1/13/2014
I have waited an age for this.
And it is well worth the wait.
Nienerz chapter 4 . 1/13/2014
Yes. YESYESYES! I KNEW patience would eventually payoff! Is it awful I'm waiting for year five already?