Reviews for The Changeling
M chapter 5 . 11/7
This is amazing! Very OOC Ginny but I like her! I also love the Slytherin house dynamics you've created! If you ever get bored you could write endless one-shots of interactions in the parlor, or how the girls were selected to join the parlor! Anyways I can't wait to see where you go with next year!
Little Miss Mionie chapter 5 . 10/29
Such an intriguing and unique story. I hope you continue soon. Thanks for writing.
Viktorius chapter 5 . 10/18
I love this fic so much!

WickedlyMalovent chapter 5 . 10/15
I don't know how to put what I feel about this story in words. All I can think of is that you have a gift. You have been able to do something I have rarely seen other authors do. Your talent in sculpting this story with the way you word things is phanomenal. This story is certainly one of the best I have ever read. You capture your charectors and bring them to life. I'm excited to see how you go with the last two years.
BigPB75 chapter 1 . 9/28
Found this yesterday and just finished it today, couldn't stop reading it. This was great work, can't wait for the next chapter. I love Ginny in this. Again, great work!
birdandthebell chapter 5 . 9/28
This is absolutely amazing. Ginny has so much substance to her and your story flows so well!
MidnightRain143 chapter 5 . 9/16
This story is amazing. Seriously, you've given such depth to Ginny's character. Her life in Slytherin is both melancholy and fiercely triumphant. I love watching her deal with separation from her family and all the things that would not have been an issue, had she been in Gryffindor. I also love that Tom is always at the back of her mind- making her question herself but causing her to grow and making her stronger overall. The addition of the Parlor was really nice too. I'm glad Ginny's found acceptance in her house, family, and most importantly with herself.

Your writing is truly incredible- one of the best fics I've come across. Can't wait to see what you do with Year Six!
cztelnik chapter 5 . 9/6
This made me think, the way you wrote emotions and divided the Houses by their philosophy. Gryffindor being partly Kantian and Hufflepuff part Utilitarian but I'm still deciding how much is pathos and what part is analysis. I Feel everything so strongly, Ginny is so familiar... but my instinct tells me not to trust my feelings. "d
TLTL chapter 5 . 8/29
This story is just, wow. Its amazing(I'm pretty sure there's another word that's more suitable but I can't really think of anything). Thank you for writing this, now I just want to read stories with Ginny being a Slytherin though I think yours will still be the best, for me. I look forward to your future updates.
OhMyKai chapter 5 . 8/19
So awesome! This story is clearly not getting enough attention. Hope to see another chapter.
Lineape chapter 5 . 8/19
Excellent, excellent story.

This is a character driven story, where effectively nothing of the canon plot has been changed, and this works because the characters you’ve created are complex and fully fleshed out (including Ginny, who was never really given much of a character in the books). Every single original character, down to the minor ones like Reiko have unique qualities that make them feel alive.

I specially enjoy every scene with Antonia and hope to see more of her in the future.

I look forward to your next update.
Strange how few reviews there are, yet it's very popular outside of . I guess this proves my point that the majority of people in this site are idiots. All you have to is include Snape or Malfoy as one of the main characters are people flock to those stories. Anyways, as for the story itself, I loved your characterisation of Ginny, and the relative lack of cliches. I'm disappointed you don't update faster, but I guess you're trying to create one update for each year. That being said, good work.
Some people nitpick... but focusing on what's bad in a story can get me on an endless diatribe on every single author's faults (from JKR to Wilde), so instead, I'll focus on the one thing that makes this story great. This is the greatest Ginny story, hands down. She's still very much herself, but instead of glossing over her character development like JKR did (the transformation from a timid and excitable girl to a strong, assertive, and very much in control woman), you make it happen organically.

This is the best characterization of the Ginny I have ever read. This is also one of the greatest examples of how to get Slytherin right (far more than JKR ever did). You dropped the fanon BS, and created a rich and intelligent interpretation of the world.

propensity chapter 5 . 8/16
Brilliant story. Eagerly awaiting the next chapter!
Lynn D. Mariza chapter 5 . 8/16
This is most definitely the best characterisation of Ginny I've read, and not just Ginny...the subtle details and everything is all quite amazing :)