Reviews for The Changeling
Frozensilvers chapter 11 . 5/7
It totally enraptured my attention, I couldn't help but stick to every single word. I never came across such a brilliant concept! Your story makes me wish that the sorting was canon.
Unbelievably and breathtakingly well written, truly a masterpiece
Liakhu chapter 11 . 4/22
Oh My god, this was brilliant.
I would love to know about Smita tho, was waiting for her all along.
Loved every word of this, thank you so much.
xvector chapter 5 . 4/12
“She just remembers [...] the grim beat of something like satisfaction she’d felt when Harry revealed that Draco hadn’t been able to kill Dumbledore.”

I love this fic so far but I found the lack of guilt on Ginny’s part kind of surprising here. She was in a position to prevent this altogether, but a Slytherin-victim complex meant that she dismissed Harry’s concerns and didn’t care to further investigate obviously suspicious circumstances regarding Draco (“kill or be killed” - Draco basically admits to planned murder!).

Part of the lesson Ginny is learning, is when it is right to use power and when not to. But surely, preventing a (however unwillingly) marked Death Eater from carrying out their plans for likely murder during wartime is an instance where usage of power justifiable? At the very least, I thought this would be a learning moment for Ginny where she could reflect on her complete and utter failure to heed Harry’s advice, and further form a more complete understanding of when it is appropriate to use power.

I also found the lack of any accusatory reaction from Harry towards Ginny surprising. Dumbledore was the only guardian figure Harry had left, and you could say that Ginny’s failure to investigate Draco despite Harry’s repeated warnings was part of the reason that Dumbledore died. But Harry seems to take this in stride. Even if Harry tends to traditionally blame himself, I found the lack of strained tensions between him and Ginny, alongside the lack of an apology from Ginny towards him (for assuming the worst of him, and for letting her victim complex override reality), fairly bizarre.
ILikeFoxes828 chapter 11 . 4/8
Read this all in a day and can safely say I have never read anything better then this. Honestly, this whole story is absolutely amazing, the connections, the emotions, Ginny's thoughts, and her worries are all so pure and realistic. I have never loved a story so much as I do with this one. This is the Ultimate Story of all fandoms, and nothing shall change my mind. This beautiful masterpiece has made me cry, laugh, and smile and I will always love that about this story, the lessons woven into each chapter will never be forgotten and I thank you for gifting us this story. No matter how insignificant others may think it, this story will always have a special place in my heart.
hbvierq chapter 11 . 4/8
Well... It was enjoyable story to say the least. Only thing that bothers me is that ginny didn't really affect the canon plot at all. Nor was she particulary strong in terms of personal power
glomorin chapter 11 . 4/7
I lovelovelove this. There isn't any character bashing, how she gives Malfoy a chance, no Ron bashing either. My favorite parts of the story were the parlor (so fresh and new), how Ginny's world doesn't revolve around the golden trio. The friendship she went through are so real and raw, full of imperfections.

I was screaming about her relationship with Potter, so sure they'll never make it as a couple at Slughorn's Party. It's speaks so loud of your talent how you woven that even though she doesn't have godlike abilities or a penchant for trouble, Ginny's still the main character. How you actually write the boring summers instead of time skip it.

Another favorite of this fic, is the bonds. Gosh! Snape broke my heart with his goodbye, the twins! Can't ask for a better family chemistry. Her dance with the Slytherins, how she doesn't need to be with the main characters (Pansy, Daphne, Theo, etc.)

Thank you for writing! I feel this review is never enough to tell everything on my mind. But nevertheless, see you on the next fic.

xx
1CP chapter 11 . 3/20
I loved every moment of this story. I spent so many nights hooked, reading into the early morning. And I cried like a baby reading your last 2 chapters. Ginny's development was beautiful and how you portrayed the characters so nuanced and intensely, showing rather than telling the depth of their courage & growth. I love this story and I thank you for sharing it with us all.
CARO chapter 11 . 3/20
wow creo el mejor fic de ginny que haya leido en años, la haces fuerte, independiente, que se enamora pero no deja todo de lado por harry, me encanto.
saphiradragon88 chapter 1 . 3/9
I was looking for a good au and I'm so glad I found this one! It was a great read for my commute:)
TheWaningMoon chapter 11 . 3/3
This is one of my favourite stories on here, but I have to know why Charlie randomly blurts out a word for ‘naked’ when they’re discussing Snape by Fred’s body?
Wow just wow! My girlfriend is literally mad because I couldn't put this down. Love love how you highlighted Snape and his support with ginny. When he warned her it was very special. So sad it's over but it was perfect.
The Goode Ravenclaw chapter 10 . 2/12
earlier this afternoon, I was in the mood to reread this story for the I don't even know how many-ith time. that was almost 6 hours ago- it is currently like 3:30 am (so forgive me if I'm like all over the place). I tried to stop reading this and go to sleep like 5 different times and failed every time. this story is just so amazing.
I love your characterization of Ginny- she's a badass mofo but she also has her values that were her own and I respect that about her. I really love how romance wasn't a big part of Ginny's time in Hogwarts, it was more about her trying to find herself.
I also really loved the parlor girls- I can definitely see an invite only secret society created by Slytherins to further the values of the Slytherin house. I lobe how you made your characters 3 dimensional and gave them depth, even if they were more so of a background character.
I really found your characterization of Snape really interesting as well. I really liked how you took the canon Snape and gave him more depth but you didn't really change who he was as a person. what Ginny said about Snape being necessary, not brave was really interesting and it shook out to me a lot. I never have really thought of Snape in that way, but I definitely agree.
I just really wanted to say how much I love this story and it's just so amazing. I plan to reread the other stories in the series tomorrow morning (bc now that I'm done reading, I feel that it is time for me to probably go to sleep)
marvynthephoenix chapter 11 . 2/11
i cannot say anything. words are nothing. words do not matter. i have no more to say.
Perenne chapter 11 . 1/22
This is so well written. I second basically all of the other reviews, but to write something different, I’ve got to
Say that your portrayal of snape really got to me. I loved the entire story in generalhow Ginny starts out being a scared, insecure girl, completely canon compliant, and how, without the reader even noticing, she becomes so much more. There is a quiet simplicity to it, like she’s never really the center of attention during her younger years. For example, she only meets Dumbledore once and in passing. She doesn’t feel “important” in the way that some authors make their protagonists. She feels like a person stuck in a sea of difficulties. And yet, the way people slowly start to notice her, to realize who she really is, her true worth… this is the true strength of this story. It is very, very good. Your portrayal of the Ginny and Snape relationship was perhaps mu favorite part, if only maybe because snape is such an interesting, intelligent character and your wrote him so well. The nuance of their relationship was fascinating to read. You had me going for a while, thinking he might survive, but in the end, he didn’t. It’s sad, but given the tone of this story, I suppose it had to be that way. I would love to read something on his take on Ginny though. It’s hard to know what he was thinking about her… was he aware of the depth of her network? To what extent? Did he still compare her to Lili in the end? What were all those things left unsaid? UGH! It’s so frustrating not knowing. Also, Tobias? Isn’t that the name of Snape’s father? I’ve wondered a lot of this OC’s name was a coincidence or not… after all, in Snape’s eyes, there are probably many parallels to be drawn between Ginny, Harry, Tobias, etc., and Snape’s own past. The way you fleshed pit your Ocs, introducing them subtly and skillfully, is commendable too. On another note, Harry’s characterization was great too. The way he slowly starts to notice Ginny and appreciate her for who she is was brilliantly described. Anyway, I guess I just wanted to say: thank you for writing this