Reviews for The Changeling
Zehel2010 chapter 5 . 1/8
That story is highly unusual. Not because of different points of view, but rather due to psychological depths that are rarely explored in HP fanbase. A slytherin Ginny isnt exactly new, however her development over the years, struggles to fit in yet not to turn into something unsightly are written with such level of detail that youd rarely meet in books, especially because it didnt bore the reader at any moment.
Thank you for posting such a story! Please complete in in the same detailed manner.
All the best!
JimmyHall24 chapter 5 . 1/7
If I was Ginny when Tobias is like "its none of your business." his relationship with Ginny's friend. I'd be like "ya know what jerkoff? fuck you."
sc.marlow chapter 5 . 12/20/2015
This is unsurprisingly the most insightful and nuanced look at (an admittedly AU) Ginny that I have had the pleasure of reading. It makes you think just how interesting a character Ginny could really be if the majority of the fandom didn't give into the easy road of bashing and caricature, or maybe a Slytherin Ginny is just a far more interesting character.

The highlights of this piece for me were the feelings of loneliness and claustrophobia you create in Ginny's first few years, culminating in the terror of year 3 when Ginny feels alone and vulnerable and threatened because of her gender. And then the realisation that she is not alone, and the gradual transformation of her character as she becomes more intimately acquainted with The Parlor and Antonia is both empowering and satisfying.

The only thing I didn't like was the pathos she exhibits for Malfoy, but then I think this makes legitimate sense from her POV. She sees Malfoy like a Slytherin, but also like an outcast, pressured and alone. Still I can't help but think back to the question Harry asks her - could you kill if you had to? and trying to relate this to Malfoy's sneering/self-pitying 'Kill or be Killed'. And unlike Ginny who sees Malfoy's inability to finish Dumbledore as some sort of victory, I am inclined to see it ultimately as cowardice - Malfoy kills Dumbledore as soon as he lets the Death Eaters into the castle. And this line of reasoning leads me to the question of whether Malfoy has a choice in the matter and should be viewed as a victim in his own right? And maybe he could be if it weren't for the actions of his previous 5 years of viciousness, torment, bullying and persecution of others. Regardless of nurture, eventually one must take responsibility for themselves, and in this story, as in Canon, Draco seems incapable of doing this.

Anyway, that is getting a bit off track, so I'll just reiterate by saying you've created a fantastic story and character in Ginny.
queenofthefallenfics chapter 5 . 12/14/2015
So, this is great. I love Slytherin Au's and ever since I read this character study of Ginny, I like to think that she'd have been better in Slytherin. Anyways, so I didn't review on the other chapters, because I like to comment on the most recent chapters of an in-progress story.

I love the addition of Nicola to The Parlor. And I think that it's great that you made her interested in mechanics, because it hints to possible Muggle blood in her, as well as, Nikola Tesla was an engineer and his name is sorta the masculine version of Nicola.

My favorite part, so far, would have to be any and all interactions between Ginny and Fleur and Ginny and Antonia. They're both incredibly strong female characters (both canon and OC) and you've written them really well.

I hope to see how you're going to make Ginny handle being 'head' of The Parlor without people (besides Tobias and Smita and (maybe) Sean) to look towards for guidance. And how will she interact with Snape? They had a bond of sorts towards the end of her year, before he killed Dumbledore.

I can't wait for the new update!
Herenes chapter 5 . 11/27/2015
I've really enjoyed what you've written so far and look forward to more.
M chapter 5 . 11/7/2015
This is amazing! Very OOC Ginny but I like her! I also love the Slytherin house dynamics you've created! If you ever get bored you could write endless one-shots of interactions in the parlor, or how the girls were selected to join the parlor! Anyways I can't wait to see where you go with next year!
Little Miss Mionie chapter 5 . 10/29/2015
Such an intriguing and unique story. I hope you continue soon. Thanks for writing.
Viktorius chapter 5 . 10/18/2015
I love this fic so much!

WickedlyMalovent chapter 5 . 10/15/2015
I don't know how to put what I feel about this story in words. All I can think of is that you have a gift. You have been able to do something I have rarely seen other authors do. Your talent in sculpting this story with the way you word things is phanomenal. This story is certainly one of the best I have ever read. You capture your charectors and bring them to life. I'm excited to see how you go with the last two years.
BigPB75 chapter 1 . 9/28/2015
Found this yesterday and just finished it today, couldn't stop reading it. This was great work, can't wait for the next chapter. I love Ginny in this. Again, great work!
birdandthebell chapter 5 . 9/28/2015
This is absolutely amazing. Ginny has so much substance to her and your story flows so well!
MidnightRain143 chapter 5 . 9/16/2015
This story is amazing. Seriously, you've given such depth to Ginny's character. Her life in Slytherin is both melancholy and fiercely triumphant. I love watching her deal with separation from her family and all the things that would not have been an issue, had she been in Gryffindor. I also love that Tom is always at the back of her mind- making her question herself but causing her to grow and making her stronger overall. The addition of the Parlor was really nice too. I'm glad Ginny's found acceptance in her house, family, and most importantly with herself.

Your writing is truly incredible- one of the best fics I've come across. Can't wait to see what you do with Year Six!
cztelnik chapter 5 . 9/6/2015
This made me think, the way you wrote emotions and divided the Houses by their philosophy. Gryffindor being partly Kantian and Hufflepuff part Utilitarian but I'm still deciding how much is pathos and what part is analysis. I Feel everything so strongly, Ginny is so familiar... but my instinct tells me not to trust my feelings. "d
TLTL chapter 5 . 8/29/2015
This story is just, wow. Its amazing(I'm pretty sure there's another word that's more suitable but I can't really think of anything). Thank you for writing this, now I just want to read stories with Ginny being a Slytherin though I think yours will still be the best, for me. I look forward to your future updates.
OhMyKai chapter 5 . 8/19/2015
So awesome! This story is clearly not getting enough attention. Hope to see another chapter.