Reviews for The Changeling
saphiradragon88 chapter 1 . 3/9
I was looking for a good au and I'm so glad I found this one! It was a great read for my commute:)
TheWaningMoon chapter 11 . 3/3
This is one of my favourite stories on here, but I have to know why Charlie randomly blurts out a word for ‘naked’ when they’re discussing Snape by Fred’s body?
Wow just wow! My girlfriend is literally mad because I couldn't put this down. Love love how you highlighted Snape and his support with ginny. When he warned her it was very special. So sad it's over but it was perfect.
The Goode Ravenclaw chapter 10 . 2/12
earlier this afternoon, I was in the mood to reread this story for the I don't even know how many-ith time. that was almost 6 hours ago- it is currently like 3:30 am (so forgive me if I'm like all over the place). I tried to stop reading this and go to sleep like 5 different times and failed every time. this story is just so amazing.
I love your characterization of Ginny- she's a badass mofo but she also has her values that were her own and I respect that about her. I really love how romance wasn't a big part of Ginny's time in Hogwarts, it was more about her trying to find herself.
I also really loved the parlor girls- I can definitely see an invite only secret society created by Slytherins to further the values of the Slytherin house. I lobe how you made your characters 3 dimensional and gave them depth, even if they were more so of a background character.
I really found your characterization of Snape really interesting as well. I really liked how you took the canon Snape and gave him more depth but you didn't really change who he was as a person. what Ginny said about Snape being necessary, not brave was really interesting and it shook out to me a lot. I never have really thought of Snape in that way, but I definitely agree.
I just really wanted to say how much I love this story and it's just so amazing. I plan to reread the other stories in the series tomorrow morning (bc now that I'm done reading, I feel that it is time for me to probably go to sleep)
marvynthephoenix chapter 11 . 2/11
i cannot say anything. words are nothing. words do not matter. i have no more to say.
Perenne chapter 11 . 1/22
This is so well written. I second basically all of the other reviews, but to write something different, I’ve got to
Say that your portrayal of snape really got to me. I loved the entire story in generalhow Ginny starts out being a scared, insecure girl, completely canon compliant, and how, without the reader even noticing, she becomes so much more. There is a quiet simplicity to it, like she’s never really the center of attention during her younger years. For example, she only meets Dumbledore once and in passing. She doesn’t feel “important” in the way that some authors make their protagonists. She feels like a person stuck in a sea of difficulties. And yet, the way people slowly start to notice her, to realize who she really is, her true worth… this is the true strength of this story. It is very, very good. Your portrayal of the Ginny and Snape relationship was perhaps mu favorite part, if only maybe because snape is such an interesting, intelligent character and your wrote him so well. The nuance of their relationship was fascinating to read. You had me going for a while, thinking he might survive, but in the end, he didn’t. It’s sad, but given the tone of this story, I suppose it had to be that way. I would love to read something on his take on Ginny though. It’s hard to know what he was thinking about her… was he aware of the depth of her network? To what extent? Did he still compare her to Lili in the end? What were all those things left unsaid? UGH! It’s so frustrating not knowing. Also, Tobias? Isn’t that the name of Snape’s father? I’ve wondered a lot of this OC’s name was a coincidence or not… after all, in Snape’s eyes, there are probably many parallels to be drawn between Ginny, Harry, Tobias, etc., and Snape’s own past. The way you fleshed pit your Ocs, introducing them subtly and skillfully, is commendable too. On another note, Harry’s characterization was great too. The way he slowly starts to notice Ginny and appreciate her for who she is was brilliantly described. Anyway, I guess I just wanted to say: thank you for writing this
0kraaa chapter 11 . 1/21
Thank you for this amazing retelling of Ginny without the focus on her romantic life. Her Slytherin loyalty to her teammates, her Parlor girls, her friends in the DA and herself—brava. Better than canon and definitely better and more nuanced than the movies.
Umpteenth Walker chapter 11 . 1/15
This needs to be canon
happy girl chapter 11 . 12/31/2020
i love this its fantastic great writing!
Rachael Lockie chapter 1 . 12/30/2020
Smashed this out in only a few days and THANK YOU for writing this. This was wonderful and heartbreaking and so great to see Ginny portrayed as the strong woman she is. While I don’t take much stock in the houses (as in just bc you’re a Gryff doesn’t mean you can’t me ambitious, etc.) but this was so wonderful
Guest chapter 11 . 12/28/2020
One of the best I have read. Well done!
Guest chapter 11 . 12/23/2020
Oh. My. Goodness. This fic was incredible! I now wish that JK Rowling had really made Ginny a Slytherin. It makes her character so much more interesting. Your story is incredibly well written and I will be looking at more of your stories.
Marzanka1 chapter 11 . 12/22/2020
This story is amazing!
Ducky1776 chapter 11 . 12/21/2020
Great story! On to read the sequel.
Mystickenji chapter 11 . 12/21/2020
I'm so glad someone told me about this fic. It's amazing!
785 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »