Reviews for By the Light of a Spark
MalevolentPsycho chapter 24 . 4/4
I completely agree with kanjichibi's most recent review. I only read through chapter 23, but as soon as the dragon's name was Faolin, I nearly threw my phone. Seriously? Just so I understand you, Arya will be "riding Faolin" for the rest of the (apparently unfinished) story? Think that through for a second. It was worth reading up until that, with the exception of the 100 misuses of "unto", which were driving me crazy.
Guest chapter 26 . 12/24/2016
I have neither the patience nor the will to log on so I must review anonymously. However, I am the FanFiction writer fdquesada. I love this story and I hope that after such a long hiatus you will return to this story. This is easily one of the best stories on the site and I would love to read more.
Guest chapter 15 . 8/26/2016
Was Eragon's determination an undertale referance? Because I love this story even more if it is :)
Guest chapter 1 . 8/13/2016
Why is it that every inheritance fanfiction, EVERY INHERITANCE FANFICTION I like is unfinished... Oh i am cursed...
DVDH chapter 26 . 12/31/2015
AHHHHHHHH!

It hurts to read all night just to find the story unfinished! Thank you for sharing your ideas and thoughts with the world. I hope, one day, you may finish this story but I understand that that will probably never happen :(

Good writing - grammar could use work but I've enjoyed it all :)

Thanks again for sharing and don't forget to love your work!
Good Kid M.A.A.D. City chapter 26 . 12/27/2015
Couple of things: 1. The Fanfic is really, really well written. You have struck an incredible balance between detail and expanding the characters throught the story. (In the main)
2. I get the feeling that in the end you dragged your heels through this fic, in terms of prolonging and not really progressing with the plot you were going for. This isn't that great a problem if you had continued with the story but like many great fics this one will go unfinished...3. The way you characterised Arya is also a bit lax... To me it seems like her character changed very little especially compared to how Eragon seems to mature throught. Of course had this fic been continued I doubt this would be a problem as you would have addressed Arya's feelings later I assume furthermore as said by others you dragged Faolin a bit too far into the story... I mean he died a year ago Arya can't still be lamenting his death especially as through the books Arya was always strong and hardly dwelt on Faolin's death 4. Despite these little niggles this fic is written extremely well and I'm sure everyone who has read it knows how much time and effort went into making this as good as it is now... Congrats 140k words is no mean feat.
kanjichibi chapter 24 . 3/17/2015
WTF! the story is categorised as romance. Is it romance between Arya/Eragon or Arya/Faolin ? Because you are dragging this Faolin thing far too long in to the story. Your story is really great with good grammar and the only reason you don't have many reviews is that you are injecting a lot of Faolin in to the story and nearly all the inheritance fans don't like Faolin simply on principle. Now the dragon's name is Faolin, I have stopped reading the story because it already has been nearly 120 k words story and it is not moving forward anywhere. The war is still near the Belatona from the start of the story. the relationship between Arya and Eragon has not changed much. Arya is still feeling hurt about Faolin. Eragon didn't do any training nor is he getting stronger in the is like moving in circles and the plot is not moving forward anymore. It is exhausting to read the story further.
kanjichibi chapter 20 . 3/17/2015
A different twist on the rock of khuthian. nice chapter.
kanjichibi chapter 12 . 3/17/2015
the fight scene is not up to the general standard of other chapters.
kanjichibi chapter 13 . 3/17/2015
Good chapter..
kanjichibi chapter 2 . 3/17/2015
Good chapter.
AvidGamer chapter 26 . 2/15/2015
Oh why did you abandon this story? ? It is quite well written...
Joe of woe chapter 26 . 10/12/2014
This is a marvelous story. I love how angry Nasuda gets when Eragon attempts to explain how riders cannot be bound to servouse.I wonder, if Nasuda feels grief for murtgha? It the books it is hinted that murtgha has felling for Nasuda