Reviews for The Girl Who Aimed Straight
restinpace chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
Wow! What a thoroughly engaging read. I like Lily a lot. She seems quite a good match for Frodo.

I read "the Jewel of Brandy Hall" too, but I like this better. Gala's story (to me) had a sort of melancholy to it, even though it ended positively.
deaka chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
I've just realised I never replied on this or "The Jewel of Brandy Hill", which is surely a crime because these take a treasured place among all the fanfic I've read and I reread them every year or so and fall in love all over again. The world of LOTR is brought to life so strongly through your words. I can just see the Shire, see the characters, fall back into that universe every time. You do great justice to Frodo, Sam, Pippin, Merry, Gandalf, and all those peripheral characters mentioned in the books - Rosie and the Tooks and all the others.

Lily, though, I think would have to be what I love most. She's a wonderful creation in so many ways - so resoundingly sensible, incredibly courageous in a way that just buckles down and gets on with it no matter what. And her love for Frodo, and his for her, is profoundly touching in a quiet, unassuming, thoroughly heartfelt way that's all too rare in the realms of literary romance. That ending gets me every time, but in the best way, because it wouldn't *be* so moving if there hadn't been that journey that made me care about Lily so much. And she stays so strong right through to the end.

Thanks for the wonderful story. :D
ilsa27 chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
This was so beautifully written. There is a wonderful quietness and steadfastness to its tone very reminiscent of hobbits and the Shire.

I love the very unassuming way you wrote Lily's story. She is a wonderful character - I loved the entire thing about her becoming the teacher of the Shire and her collecting of the Shire's histories. I also love the gossip of the hobbit-folk and the way you wove in tales about the hobbit families and their histories. It was also wonderful how you segued Lily's story so beautifully into overlapping with Frodo's. It is so heartwarming to think that he had someone.

You are a wonderful writer - I ordinarily never read Tolkien fanfic because his world just feels so complete as he left it (what with all the annexes on what happened next) but this story is such a beautiful, subtle interlude that it needs to be read!
nancylea57 chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
i have always had a soft spot for the softly au and wished that frodo had left a piece of himself, yes it would go against the grain of his beliefs but it would add that touch of human-ness to nature. here is the results of love unbound, here is one night of throwing caution to the wind and letting yourself be the focus of life. not a bad thing, of course there is a price to pay and galadriel will pay it for years and years.
BraellyraLeatherleaf chapter 1 . 8/15/2005
WHAT? I never reviewed? I read this AGES ago! What was I thinking?

This is...amazing. I really don't know how else to put it. Definately a tear-jerker. I just don't know what to say, and I usually can never shut up, lol.

The thing is, it feels more like a real story than fanfiction. That probably sounds insane. You've taken Tolkien's characters and your own character and written something so real, so believeable.

I don't know what else to say but: Bravo!

BraellyraLeatherleaf
Mareeperson chapter 1 . 2/9/2005
that way, by far, the most beautiful lotr fanfiction i have ever read
Sarafina Pekkala chapter 1 . 4/7/2004
I recced this on deleterius a while back, but I realized that I never actually left you a review. This story has such a believable OFC, and even though it's AU it sticks so closely to canon. Every character is so IC, and I can so easily see things happening this way.
This is a beautiful and enjoyable story, and I just wanted to make sure you knew that.
balrogthane chapter 1 . 3/10/2004
Wow! This is an excellent story. I read "The Jewel of Brandy Hall" a while ago, and really liked it too. I think it's a bit better- but that only makes sense if you wrote it afterwards. :-) Really sad, too. Poor Lily. Poor everyone.
I also really liked that you took these characters and wrote a story about them. Everyone else seems interested in romantic fics about Legolas or Aragorn or somebody (I don't count the slash crap and so forth, believe you me!). So another round of applause for originality!
-(-
Skye05 chapter 1 . 12/26/2003
That was amazing! i cant describe ho good that was. it was the first story ive ever read that made me cry. WOW!
JERRIWILLMORE chapter 1 . 8/20/2003
I've always LOVED this story. Be sure to check out my fic, under my name!
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 6/26/2003
This is a totally beautiful story. /cry

I had always wanted Frodo to have someone special. Thank you very much.
Zurizip chapter 1 . 2/3/2003
*cries*

So sad...so happy...

Galdarnit.

*cries more*

*sniff*

I love it to bits...both were definatly worthy of first published stories for lotr (and Jewel of Brandy Hall was too, I checked)

*reaches for a hankie and cries some more*
Legolas998r chapter 1 . 8/3/2002
Beautiful. Truly beautiful. This story is written so well. Its almost as if your there, right there, with the characters. This is one of the best written fanfictions I have ever read. Thank you for writing it.
Morauko chapter 1 . 3/1/2002
You are definately the best fanfiction author I've ever read! Your characters, your detail... you're just fanfiction.

I wish that my stories could be even a half as good as yours!
Violet-twister8 chapter 1 . 1/1/2002
I first read your two stories at and loved each them. Your descriptions, writing style, and story are one of a kind and I could read them over and over again. Keep on using your talent! Bright Blessings!