Reviews for Blood Music
xanderseye chapter 22 . 8/27/2011
OMG, how can you leave us hanging like this! Brilliant chapter. Poor poor Jane, doesn't it make you just want to hug him. Lets hope that at the end of this he can finally let Lisbon give him a hug (if not more).
xXCoral-RoseXx chapter 22 . 8/27/2011
Oh Jane :( I hope Lisbon can help him. GAH I love this fic.
chymom chapter 22 . 8/27/2011
Great job! Can't wait for more soon!
a chapter 21 . 8/27/2011
Again I am amazed! Can't wait for the next chapter!
Ani chapter 21 . 8/25/2011
OMG! Just read this whole thing in one sitting! Plaese update soon!
MissDonniex chapter 21 . 8/25/2011
you just keep this story getting better every time...

just as a side line...I can not be put under...has been tried twice with no success...
chymom chapter 21 . 8/24/2011
Bad happens before good!
Kourion chapter 21 . 8/24/2011
This story really shows a deeper level to Jane's pain. It's wonderfully written. I particularly liked this description, it was exquisite: " Through the grimy window, he could see the velvet sky with its tiny dots of light sprinked on it like cosmic glitter." I know this sounds nuts, but I have a tea, from a company called "David's Tea" that makes a tea called Glitter and Gold. When you open it, it's thick, dark, almost black looking, but is full of golden sugar crystals. I suddenly imagined that scent, that darkness, but pleasantness...if applied to a sky. Velvet, too, is heavier for a description of a sky, unlike, say, describing the sky as "inky" or something. So even though it's a pretty sky, made so by the stars, it would also (or could read as) feel somewhat...clausterphobic, and darker for that. Heavy, ladden. Like being under a thick, heavy quilt, very little light available. And given what Jane is going through, I thought it was quite fitting!
TheMentalistGirl chapter 21 . 8/24/2011
I can't wait for chapter 22!
MeltedChocoButton chapter 21 . 8/24/2011
I think your descriptions of people continue to be compelling. Like Marla, O'Bannon is fleshed out and believable.

The only area that I feel has maybe been neglected in the fic

is a central thread to the story. First, I thought it wud play around with gender stereotypes(jane dances with men; he is assaulted by a woman) and then it became about his recovery and confronting his aversion to be touched by anyone. I thought in your other story, Wallet,(which I totally fell in love with),its theme was tightly defined: Jane is lost, but he realises the depth of friendship he has with the team.

However,your writing is beautiful and I especially like your eye for sensitive imagery, like this: "Through the grimy window, he could see the velvet sky with its tiny dots of light sprinked on it like cosmic glitter."
Elanordh chapter 21 . 8/24/2011
Beautiful chapter. You really don't have to end the story, you know? ;) Ok, ok, I know your reasons, but it's so good. :)

"O'Bannon was always amazed at that smile. It was like watching a brilliant burst of fireworks or the sun coming up on a cloudless day. Sadly, its light never reached the dark corners wherein lurked the demons." I just adored this line and the bitter-sweet image that it provided. Jane's smile is often exactly like that. Only blind can think Jane is a sunny, happy, carefree person. He often pretends to be like this, but his smile is giving him away.

Thank you, Laura for writing like this. :)
MentalistLover chapter 21 . 8/24/2011
I liked getting a bit of background for Dr. O'Bannon. Makes me like him even more. (And how could he NOT be affected by dealing with the horrendous problems of his patients, especially our beloved PJ?) You're doing such a wonderful job of portraying Jane's discomfort/anxiety with this whole process. I'm so glad he is going to give this hypnosis-with-drugs at least a shot, if only because I know you'll write something fantastic for us in which to lose ourselves! I'm preparing myself for the mega-angst...

"His trust wasn't complete. Not necessarily his trust in Dr. Thomas C. O'Bannon but, in his own ability to come back from whatever horror might be excavated from his past. He wasn't as resilient as he used to be. He was tired." "He needed reassurance that he wasn't alone; that if he became lost in the nightmare of his memories she would be there to help find the way back. He was frightened. He wasn't sure he would come back."-Love these, but they make me soooo sad for him. :(

And I just HAVE to throw this in: Denver "winters" really aren't winters at all if you've experienced that season in the vast majority of the country (like NE or midwest!). Having just said that, I too am beginning to see the potential value of moving to a state like CA as my bones are getting older and achier!
xanderseye chapter 21 . 8/24/2011
Jane being hypnotised...with the aid of drugs! You know this is gonna be good, will he have Lisbon there or was he referring to Angela? Can't wait for the next update.
MentalistLover chapter 20 . 8/22/2011
Really enjoyed your description of Jane reading the art book seen through O'Bannon's eyes. (And I always love it when Jane is immersed in something so deeply that he seems to forget all his problems) I wondered how many sessions it would take for the good doctor to eek something out of Jane, and it seemed very natural the way it occurred-through a trigger from Jane's attempt at avoiding the doctor! Very nicely done. ("I also think this goes much deeper than just that one incident." I'm with you, doc!) And Jane fighting it tooth and nail until he literally can't control himself. You depict his downward spiral so poignantly. I'll say it again: I love Dr. O'Bannon. I held my breath along with him through Jane's confession! And picturing Jane on the floor, sobbing and rocking back and forth-I had tears in my eyes. My poor Jane!
MentalistLover chapter 19 . 8/22/2011
(I come back to find 2 chapters up-oh joy!)

I absolutely love Dr. O'Bannon! I think he's got Jane's number. And Jane was very in-character during this visit. Can't wait to see more of their interaction. "He looked like a feral poodle"-LOVE IT!
253 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »