Reviews for I Carry
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
Oh, my. What a wonderful progression from having no one just for her, to contemplating suicide, to discovering that there *is* someone for her, after all.
teddylupin-snape chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
I can tell that you are an amazing writer, and this speaks volumes. I never much liked Hermione/Snape until I read this.
ljpjcg chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
Very lovely and poetic.
etherian chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
Very poetic. I like the rhythm; like rain falling endlessly until the sun breaks apart the clouds.

Thank you.
BillaRayne chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
Ky I really love this!

It's really beautifully written.

"You see, the eyes are the window to the soul".

"In your eyes, I see mine."

Amazing.
Loyd1957 chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
Truly beautiful!
idreamofdraco chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
Awww. This is sweet and sad at the same time. I feel like this would be true of Hermione, if she didn't have Ron. I mean, she doesn't really get along very well with other people, to have other friends, so when Harry and Ron go off and make their own families, I can see her being alone. She was alone before they all became friends, right? And the fact that everyone turns to her to tell her their problems is sad. I like that with Snape, she doesn't have to do that anymore, he doesn't expect that from her, but he's there for her like no one else has been. Sweet. :)
Eleantris chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
Wow, this was fantastic! Harrowing, saddening, and almost spooky at first, and then it involved into the romance between Hermione and Severus, and those beautifully profound last lines. I loved it, thanks for posting!

X D
hannah askance chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
I feel as if this is a classic example of your writing - poetic and so elegantly blunt when it comes down to emotions.

Some might say that Hermione was being selfish here and I get that, but I don't completely agree either. To me, you've already justified it within the very first section: "There is no one there for the one who always is." And I feel like it's true - they're all recuperating from the emotional exhaustion the war has put them through and somehow Hermione is one of the only few who can completely live up to Gryffindor's name and be their pillar when she doesn't exactly have one herself. Then when everyone's moved on, they all assume she's done the same... Poor Hermione. Thank goodness Severus came along when he did.

I liked the way they came to be together, it's very phased, careful and so believable of them. I felt like perhaps the ending would've been more effective if you had written it more vaguely, like the rest of the fic, as it doesn't quite flow as well. Nevertheless, it was a good ending, and it satisfied both the reader and fangirl in me (:D).

All in all, it was powerful, to the point, and a very pensive little oneshot. I loved it, Ky - Katie is lucky to have this dedicated to her! Brilliantly done.
TuesdayNovember chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
So, I can honestly say I've never read HG/SS before, ever. So you have the honour of being the one to pop my ship cherry. P

*coughs*

Anyway, this. Well, it was awfully depressing. Like, ouch. In a way, I sort of thought it was almost too selfishly sad. I wanted to smack Hermione most of the way through. So she's not married and her friends have got other things to do. Fine, but don't sulk about it.

But that's just me, and isn't a reflection on your writing, which I do think is quite beautiful here.

So, while I didn't much like Hermione, I DID like this very much. It was beautifully poetic. If I were feeling sadder, it would probably go over better with me. When I'm feeling weepy I'll come back to this and see if my opinion changes. ;P

Lovely writing, Kylar!
HeavenForbidWePonder chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
I hate Snape/Hermione, but honestly this was truly brill. And I'm not just saying this for the sake of it.

Very emotional, too.

Great job, Ky!

-Rose xoxoo
Rigonoko chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Ky-

I always enjoy your writing. Every story of yours I read, seems to draw me in. You have an amazing talent for writing. I absolutely LOVED this. I wish I had some constructive criticism, but alas, I find none.
Crazy-Lemon-Lady chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
I love this. As many other reviewers said, SS/HG isn't really my thing, but I like this.

I think this is a very cool (not the exact term I want) variation to your usual style of writing. It still has the mystery, but it's a little more dark. I love the ending, how there is a lighter note to it all.

The writing style as itself is a little unusual with a style you wouldn't see in actual books. It reminds me a little more as a mix between regular writing and poetry.

And yes, I know why, glad it helped.
Eitha chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Most of these snippets are too self absorbed to carry weight on their own. The whiney self pity is sometimes overwhelming. If they were filling holes or serving as transitions for a more substantial piece their value would increase considerably. There is a place for the melancholy voice but it all seems to blend together when presented like this.

Don't get me wrong it is fine work but for a writer of your caliber it is more like a singer practicing scales than singing a song. Don't be afraid to open the dark side but always use it to brighten the revelation of joy. Make me, when I awake, to wish for sleep again so that my world of dreams may return.
purple-lightening chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Hey!

This is really lovely. I loved the emotional bits, and it was written really well.

I never really ship Snape/Hermione but you really opened up the pairing to me and I may read more of it in the future. :)

I'm in conflict over whether I would like you to add more to it or just leave it as it is. It is simple, yet beautiful but I can't help all the questions that spring to mind. I can the feeling that something bad has happened to Snape, is he dead/gone for some some reason.

I loved the simplicity of your words, you conveyed so much emotion and feeling in a handful of words, which worked really well for this.

A very good piece.