Reviews for A String of Miracles
LiseLore chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
Hahaha, I'v read this a dozen of times now ! Just love that woman, she is kick ass. I love how Scotts narrates everything and how he realizes that even unknown woman can see he is a daddy-type ! :D Loved all her comments ! :D
TBMom chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
Very much wnjoyed your story! Looking forward to more.
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Love the idea of scott feeling inadequate as a father only to find out that someone else thinks he would be the perfect Dad. Of course...any man would feel that way when not being able to calm a baby with colic!
Loopstagirl chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
Oh this was absolutely beautiful! The writing was phenomenal, and the way you captured Scott's thoughts was really perfect! I love his self doubt at the beginning, and then the way Amanda just casually sets all his fears aside and tells him exactly what he needed to hear!

Truly gorgeous!
bubzchoc chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Tikatu chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Very nice, KatZen! An insecure Scott regaining his balance during a rescue. Enjoyable, in character and a lovely ending. I have a feeling that Jeff might not be so angry about Scott giving his first name for a worthy cause.

Thanks for posting this!
Teobi chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Wow! Love, love love. and I also love the calm voice of the narrator, in this case Scott.

It starts with him doubting his ability as a father, and ends with a woman whose twins he's just safely delivered in the wreckage of a train telling him he'd make an excellent father.

The description of the body strewn train carriage is grim and harrowing. Marking all the bodies with red tags, closing their eyelids and murmuring apologies to each one, as though it will help. Very poignant, and it does strike me as something Scott would do.

Amanda's attitude is wonderful. Dumb Little Bunny! What chutzpah. It doesn't ring false, either. She's shellshocked and about to give birth. I love it that she doesn't get hysterical. Just one question- what's the Apgar scale? (I've never had a baby so I don't know anything about all that stuff.)

I really enjoyed this story, and the calm way in which it's told. Thanks!