Reviews for Echoing Into Reality
Quick Twist of the Knife chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
I don't buy Mal & River for a second, but this was gorgeous. You captured her voice perfectly. What a surprise to find that you then captured Mal's too! But really, what I loved about this was the first part when it was just River, so forget the boy. The intermingling of language with her thoughts was ingenious and beautiful.

Mm-m-m, I enjoyed the pilot’s company immensely too.
Shayz chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
Thank you for writing this. I love the rambling thoughts of River. I found her fun to write for myself. Enjoyed this quite a lot.
RionaEire chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
That sounded painful, poor River in this story. I smiled at the gravity bit though, made me smile especially at the "on this planet at least" part.

Riona
Deritine chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
Interesting and the ending was very cute. Using the word 'pain' so much got a tad repetitive, though I get you were using it to tie everything together in a poetic sort of way. But more synonyms might have been good. And/or describing it in ways without actually using the word, since we are in River's head and who knows if she wouldn't use odd things to describe it eg when you said 'flowers' lol.
Gwenfrewi72 chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Really liked this. A little confusing, the explanation about the pain issue was difficult to follow.

The voice was excellent River and the notion that Mal understood her question was spot on regarding their interaction.
Metropolis Kid chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
River's part sounded a lot like her, and I really enjoyed that. :D I can't really pinpoint anything too specific though. It's just that you captured her intelligent, psychic insanity really well, and that's something I haven't seen too many others able to do. It sounded... well, it sounded like River. ;)

I didn't enjoy it quite as much once Mal entered the picture though. But I think I've already mentioned that I have some slight issues with the two of them being paired together (mostly do to the way both were presented in the series, which I saw quite a while before the BDM). Addressing her as "little one" seemed natural enough, but I think "darlin'" might have been pushing it a little far. And the line about Mal having times when he had to use all of his will power not to touch her felt... well, a little pervy - to me at least.

But their interactions during the last third or so of the story - say, starting with the "Flowers" line seemed more natural and fitting for the characters (or at least for how I imagine them in my own mind).

So, well, my over all impressions are that the story started out strong - and very IC - then began to fade a little in the middle. But it managed to regain a some of what it lost by the end. Over all, a nice - and pleasantly IC - one-shot... but not quite as good as I think it could've been. Still better than I think I could've managed in this fandom though.

Have a good day, and God bless.

Metropolis Kid.