Reviews for I'll Read Your Coffee Beans
Reader244 chapter 2 . 5/24/2012
Eloquence and flow. I really like this. I'm glad the Barista isn't afraid to speak her mind. Totally believable too. I can see Castle charming an entire coffee shop around his finger and all the Barista's flocking to get a shipper-esque update every coffee morning, on Kate, who is completely unaware!
DBack47 chapter 2 . 1/6/2012
Someone somewhere gave me the basic premise of Castle...so what I can draw from that mussed memory is that...there is a journalist named Castle that works with the cops and it's...(bites lip, racks memory) an ABC Studios production (no Cpryt infringement intended) Correct me please if otherwise. Sounds absolutely intriguing.

Glad to see you doing well in the realm of Castle Fanfiction. I hope you are merrily writing and watching whatever your fancy is, but anyway, please take the pleasure of knowing that I enjoyed the quick but sweet read that the story left me with, regardless of my in-the-dark knowledge about Castle, except...

Your train of thought seemed to wander just a slight. I suppose that your imagination was frolicking in the realms of Castle, which I enthusiastically encourage, or I conclude that you intended that quality of 3 person omniscient for the purpose of closure. On the other hand...

The sincerity and genuineness of emotions depicted within several hundred words was without any fault, and it swept the reader into the cozy atmosphere of the Starbucks coffee shop one afternoon on an unnamed New York thoroughfare. Marvelous.

Sincerely, and I do mean it sincerely. (My overused trade mark)

DBack47
LittleLizzieZentara chapter 2 . 1/5/2012
Kate's conversation with Castle cracked me up. It's so rare tha the gets to a crime scene before her (especially one for which he is not a suspect :) ). The barista made me smile; I got a real kick out the way she was grilling Kate for info.
DBack47 chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
Well I quit! Things like this make me want to quit writing. Smooth, classy and sophisticated, sometimes taking a second read to really realize the intent of the author. You sound very professional, authentic, and with a certain flair that certainly belies your claim you don't have the ability to write at this level. Now I have no authority and no prior knowledge about castle to pass judgement, but with 10 reviews, it seems some of your readers found it appealing, and although, being from another fandom, I cannot share that, from the writing alone I can say you did a fine job.

Sincerely

DBack47
Khmyh chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
This is one very fun read! I like the idea a lot. If you feel like it, you can turn it into a two-shot or even three. I will definitely read it. ;)
Kitten chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
I think you should make this a cute two shot and do something more about the starbuks
LittleLizzieZentara chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
What a fun idea! The ending was just perfect.
hallow777 chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Awww! That was cute! And as far as I know, it hasn't been done before.
uwprincess chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Love it! You invented an awesome character who totally calls him out...get her on the show!
nevertoomuch chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
This was a brilliant little idea for a fic & I really enjoyed reading it :) Here's to hoping you'll write more soon!
I'm Widget chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Cute. I think she doesn't see it 'cause she's in denial.
phnxgrl chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
I love this one shot even the coffee barista knows what is going on between the Mystery Writer and the Mystery Girl! Well Done!
Jayce Gish chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Yes, I have reviewed 100 words (and 100,000 words) - this was concise, different, yet insightful. I think you have the necessary qualification for Castle entries: you can think, you feel, and you can put it into writing, along with more than just a hint of humor. I think you should continue these little off-kilter stories: it was a lot more thought provoking than many of the longer and long-winded pieces posted here. I enjoyed it. Nice job.
MorgieSan chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Logging in in my phone is painful, but I couldn't let this one go by!

I loved this! Their coffee ritual (pretend that 'is' is in italics) is obvious, even to strangers. You have to wonder what the barista thought when Castle left for the Hamptons. Those long coffee-free months he spent away from his 'Mystery Girl.'

You have a knack, and I happen to love a good drabble, so please feel free to drop back in any time you like!