Reviews for Objects in Space
waterlit chapter 19 . 8/14
This was - just wow. The ending was tragic; I didn't think Iroh would die, or that Hakoda would be so unfeeling/almost crazy. Iroh's funeral was heartrending - poor, poor Zuko - but I'm glad you ended this first book on a hopeful note.
waterlit chapter 7 . 8/14
Well of all things to be carrying in a box - Iroh was trying to transport Aang! And Katara was feeling guilty about her role in her mother's death. It's great to see how every disappearance (Iroh and Katara mainly) has an explanation that further supports the plot development - or at least provides some back story.

Katara's waterbending was also beautifully written. You conveyed the power in her very well.
waterlit chapter 5 . 8/14
This has been a really captivating story thus far - you've put together rather diverse elements such as political drama, intrigue, space traveling etc - it makes for a very fascinating read. I didn't realise at first that this was a fusion story, but you make it work just fine. The tension keeps the reader moving forward, and your world-building is nothing short of intriguing.

The way you wrote Mai, Toph and Katara was also great - love how snarky some of them can be. And how Jet was the damsel in distress. I can totally see that happening.

Also, I'm glad to see you worked the bending abilities in (re: Katara at least, in this chapter). I thought there wouldn't be any so this was a nice touch.

Can't believe I never did click on the link to this fic until today!
But Sokka uses his brain. Like, all the time. He can't afford to have it bashed out with a gold brick wrapped in a slice of lemon.
spookykangaroo chapter 13 . 3/19/2015
LOVE all the different types of love you portray in this story! I think that the dynamic between Bee and Longshot and Jet is wonderful, if a little disheartening for poor Longshot. I also adore the sibling love between Katara and Sokka, the parentish love that Katara has for Aang, and the deep frienships between everyone! Dumb Zhao thinks he's so smart lol! Azula will kick his butt in the end! :P Also, reavers are terrifying, and while the contingency plan against them is awful, its certainly better than the alternative if they were to board the ship. Out of curiosity, who filled up the morphine before Mai started sailing with the crew of Freedom? Or did Jet simply never need to take the ship through reaver territory before Mai joined? Wonderful chapter, I'm enjoying this story just as much the second time around as I did the first! :)
spookykangaroo chapter 8 . 3/19/2015
I love the bit with Sokka and Suki sneaking into the palace! Your comedic sense is excellent, and shines brilliantly through Suki's perspective! Also, silly fire nation, not keeping proper records! What were they thinking? Jet is brilliantly written, I didn't love his character too much in canon, (honestly I think I was mostly thrown off by his weird eyebrows haha) but when he's blended with Mal, he's a lot more likeable and fun to read about! Great chapter! :)
Guest chapter 5 . 3/18/2015
Of course I've already read the story, but the first time I did, that last line kept me glued to my screen! I simply couldn't go to sleep with that cliffhanger! Poor Katara! You feel so bad for her in this chapter, but her calm keeps the reader relaxed, in a way. I love how Smellerbee gets way more development here than she did in AtLA. This chapter is fantastic! :)
spookykangaroo chapter 2 . 3/18/2015
I really love how you portray Suki in this story! She's cute and fun but also smart, which is perfectly in character for her, but she displays these traits in a different way than she does in canon, because she's in a different environment! I also adore how you write female friendships between so many characters! It's wonderful to see Toph and Mai interacting and starting on their journey towards being friends!
spookykangaroo chapter 1 . 3/17/2015
Hello! I know its been several years since you updated this fic (about a year since you updated on AO3), but I read it a few months ago it and loved it so much! So I figured that it couldn't hurt to reread it and leave a few reviews both here and on AO3, in the hopes that you would get email notifications and know that someone still loves this story (and would love for the continuation of books 2 & 3 if you decide to carry on with it). If you do choose to continue and have want of a new beta reader, you can feel completely free to message me on tumblr (spookykangaroo). I know that both the avatar and firefly fandoms are still going strong, and the zutara fans in particular would love to read this story to completion! (I'll leave this same review on AO3 in case you used different email addresses, and then I'll leave reviews on each individual chapter).
Thanks for an amazing story! Even if you choose not to finish it, its been a fantastic ride! :)
Hpdwlotr24 chapter 19 . 1/21/2015
This is such an interesting idea! I love how you wrote in each character and seeing everyone operate in the firefly setting is really cool. I love this story and now I'm off to read the sequel! Great story!
Finwee Lord of Long Winds chapter 19 . 6/14/2014
Wow. That was amazing! Thanks for taking the time to write this story. I really loved it.
J-Kid chapter 19 . 5/24/2014
Wow, there was so much in here that just fit together so perfectly. Although I have to say that unless you're planning to let them have bigger roles in Book Two there were several unnecessary characters (Ty Lee and Yue, primarily) who did not add much to the story line, although it was fun to see them.

As for Hakoda, I'm not sure how I felt about his massive character change even though it sort of made sense given the story line. He just felt a bit TOO harsh.

If possible you made zhao about 10x creepier than he was in canon and a much more prevalent villain than Fire Lord Ozai, who we're told is evil, but doesn't actually do anything except banish Zuko and imprison Katara without evidence due to Azula's machinations. I am assuming we'll hear more about his horribleness later.

Speaking of people being mostly useless, Aang is a bit of a boring character right now, I hate to say it, 'cause I love the kid. You'd think Avatar state would deflect a bullet pretty easily since it uses a mixture of all four elements, not just wind. Wind to deflect, fire to explode it, metal to bend, water to quench fire and knock it off course, etc. btw, how DOES airbending react to the vacuum of space? Could he survive for a little while w/out a suit just protected by air, or will the void of it mean he is helpless? If he's in a suit, could he make his own oxygen?

Also, Iroh is made of win. So sad that he died. Also Toph is an utter bad ss. So much love for her in this book, too!
Ty chapter 14 . 4/12/2014
ERMERGERDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING CROSSOVER I HAVE EVER READ! I AM SO IN LOVE WITH EVERY CHOICE YOU'VE MADE, EVEN HARUxTOPH WHICH I WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT OF, BUT LOVE LOVE LOVE SO MUCH RIGHT NOW! AND YOU HAVE YUE AS SAFFRON AND JET IS PERFECT AND I LOVE THAT ZOE AND WASH ARE SMELLERBEE AND LONGSHOT, THEY JUST WORK! AND TOPH IS JUST BEAUTIFUL AS A KAYLEE JEYNE MASSUP AND UNCLE IS THERE AND THE SHEPPERD'S STILL MENTIONED AND MAI IS PERFECT AND YOU HAVE ALL OF THE CHARACTERS AND I LOVE THEM AND I WANT THIS STORY TO NEVER END AND AANG IS PERFECT AND I LOVE THAT YOU MADE HIM YOUNGER THAN KATARA SO WE DON'T HAVE TO WORRY TOO MUCH ABOUT KATAANG AND YOU MADE KATARA, LIKE ONE OF THE PUREST PEOPLE FROM AVATAR SORTA, A COMPANION, BUT IT JUST FITS AND I CAN SEE HER BEING AMAZING AT THAT JOB AND SUKI AND TY LEE ARE THERE AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE OF AZULA AND I AM JUST SO MUCH IN LOVE I CAN'T STAND IT! I REALLY HOPE THERE'S MORE BECAUSE I'M GETTING CLOSE TO THE END OF THIS ONE AND PLEASE DON'T MAKE IT END LIKE FIREFLY, THIS STORY DESERVES TO LIVE FOREVER AND I'M SORRY THAT THIS REVIEW MADE LIKE NO SENSE AND IS IN ALL CAPS AND IS MORE LIKE A STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS BUT I AM SO EXCITED AND HAPPY TO HAVE FOUND THIS I CAN'T ORGANIZE MY THOUGHTS THERE IS JUST SO MUCH TO LOVE ABOUT IT. AND I CAN'T EVEN AND I LIKE IT MORE THAN EITHER OF THE TWO SHOWS BY THEMSELVES AND I WANT TO LIVE ON THE SHIP AND I'M JUST DO DAMNED EXCITED ABOUT OUR BIG DAMN HEROES AND AAAAHHH! JUST THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE FANFICTION AND I THINK IT WILL REMAIN SO FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!
Guest chapter 19 . 7/12/2013
That was fun and sad and I loved it! These two (ATLA and Firefly) might be two of my all-time favorites and you combined them beautifully!
Blonde-Existentialist chapter 19 . 2/19/2013
I have so much love for this story and think it's wonderfully well done. Also psyched to be the 100th review!