Reviews for Carver's Lament
Magister of Asariel chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
I just stumbled upon this, looking for stories about Carver. The way you told it is so simple, yet so very moving. Without even mentioning a single word of Carver's actual thoughts or feelings, you still managed to show the reader exactly what he thought and felt. Very well done. I enjoyed it a lot.
JayRain chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
This is haunting in its simplicity. Too often people complain about Carver's attitude; some explain it as jealousy or resentment over being the un-magic child in a family of apostate mages. But this sheds new light on his character, and explains a lot of what he's lost in the flight to Kirkwall. He hasn't just lost his home or his purpose, but really a part of himself. You've done a lovely job capturing that.
Windchime68 chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
This was lovely, very simple but very expressive of the relationship between the two of them.
RewindedMiracle chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
I love this.

You get how Carver feels about his sister which isn't really covered in the game until you see him blame their older sibling for her death. This was beautifully written and I enjoyed it.
celtic-twinkie chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
I love it when you write short stories like this!
Shakespira chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Beautifully done, lyrical and poingnant. The symmetry is especially lovely in showing how reliant twins are upon each other and how difficult it is for Carver without his other half.

Very moving.
Wolfox6 chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Awww...very poignant, and haunting. I've befriended a few twins in my lifetime (haven't we all?), and the connection you described was always there, underneath everything.

Wonderfully done!