Reviews for Honesty
MrMissMrs Random chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
This is probably one of the first times I've ever read a story you published (and shame on me for it because I missed out).

It's short but also very insightful into the complexities of both L and Light. Both of them you could put either way as good or bad stereotypes, but this shows how they are similar yet different at the same time, even when one of them is dead.

(PS: In the little summary for the story before you click on it, you mispelled "liar" with "lier", I know it sounds nitpicky but when you have time you might want to change it. Paying back for the advice you've given me in your own reviews. :D /shot)
Shanrock chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
Gotta say, I wasn't expecting a story like this to come out of barely 500 words.

I do like the callback to the actual canon that set up the whole story, and you wrote in such a way that drew me in, enticing me to read through to the end. Even though I would've read to the end anyways, you provided me with contextual motivation to, which is something to applaud you for.

I must admit I'm a little... puzzled by Light's reaction to discovering L's name. Given the context of the story (shortly after L's death), I'm surprised Light's expression changed from shock. At first I thought it would've been one of dumbfounded agitation, since even in death L was mocking Light by showing that Light had overlooked such a critical option.

But then I took a moment to consider that the smile would simply be a mirror of the one Light wore when L actually died. Rather than smug or victorious, it would've been incredulous, almost as if he were casually saying "you ingenious bastard". Kudos for the ambiguous response; it shows a complex understanding of those moments in the canon, and that's very rare to see.

Since I do this with every story, a rating/score. I'd give this chapter a 88/100. I'm biased towards longer stories, but the emotional and foresight depth was a major winning point for the story. Congrats on writing such a great little scene.
Stryker-M chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
Great work as always, IP. I agree with AbyssQueen. You're doing an awesome job my friend. :)
AbyssQueen chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
You may say you're having trouble getting into the heads of the characters (I'm with you on that one xD), but I think so far you're doing awesome. I loved the part about L addressing the world with his first name. I had never thought of it that way, though it's kinda obvious xD '
RandomUnknowns chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
I am obsessing over Death Note & I just got to the part where L dies. Anyways I love the this one shot. Oh the irony of it all. L told the world who his name really was never meant fOr anyone to think it's an alias (or maybe he did) and everyone thought they will never know Ls true name but he gave it out simply. And now aim just rambling sorry. Great one shot by the way again i love the way yOu wrote it and left it with a question at the end. Keep writing BYE!
ineedmesometea chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
Oh wow. I love the ending so much.

Beautifully written, I'm impressed :D I love it!
Alisia723 chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
I really like this story. It's well written and has a really good point. It's kindof ironic really how part of the name that Light had been searching for was always there, right infront of him. Anyways, great story! -