Reviews for Fallout 3: Modus Operandi
IansInsane chapter 14 . 3/24
I love the way Leo's fucking with Gallows. Trolololololo. Wait... Supermutananannanananat.
Digitize27 chapter 25 . 11/27/2014
Ooohhh... Nightkin perhaps?
Where is Fawkes in all this I wonder; I imagine if the sequel is super-mutant focused then I will have to feature at least in a side role.
Digitize27 chapter 20 . 11/27/2014
Heh, I like all the little nods to perks.
Digitize27 chapter 14 . 11/27/2014
Hmmm... I'd never even considered the concept of an intelligent super mutant like Fawkes or Leo taking the reins of the species.
Isn't that the premise of Fallout: Brotherhood of steel of something?
Scarlet Rabbit chapter 7 . 11/13/2014
So there is another super mutant that can speak English very well, as well as not being a feral beast.

I hope he finds her.

He is indeed a badass.

I would say he needs to report back on his findings
Scarlet Rabbit chapter 6 . 11/12/2014
I wonder where he's talking about
Scarlet Rabbit chapter 5 . 11/12/2014
I don't get why people have such a strong dislike of the Brotherhood of Steel.
Scarlet Rabbit chapter 4 . 11/12/2014
Sounds like they are friends. Or. If anything working companions
Scarlet Rabbit chapter 3 . 11/12/2014
Well I suppose it could happen. The death claw is just an animal, nothing but instinct. You cause it enough pain it's going to stop thinking and just react
Scarlet Rabbit chapter 2 . 11/12/2014
Damn. She'll get an infection.

Poor guy
Scarlet Rabbit chapter 1 . 11/12/2014
That's a lot of super mutants
koala-bell chapter 30 . 9/28/2014
Wow.. this story is really really really really really good!
And I'm using this term because every other term I might use in other reviews like awesome, lovely, breathtaking or so on are not grounded enough, if you know what I mean?
Cause that's the best part with this story, it takes nothing out of its proportion. You handled the universe, the characters, their reasoning and emotions in such an exeptionally good way that when I finished the story and gone through the FAQs I was speechless.
You've put so much thought and depth into this fic and honestly turned me into a lone wandere-sarah-fangirl :D

I love how they complete each other with her being in unknown situations and him beeing emotionally not at his best, if I may phrase it that way
Also I think its quite a nice character trait of Sarah to reassure him but still accept his inner need to do the things he does. Like how she just offers him to join her at the citadel, and how she doesn't wonder out loud when he doesn't join the welcome back from the Pitt conversation and how she lets him have his time after he killed ashur. That made her really likable :)

To just say a few things about construcitve criticism: there are a few spelling errors in maybe the last 5 chapters, not many maybe two or three each. and I'm sorry but I just devoured this story in one night and won't be able to tell you where they exactly are :D just thought I should mention it and maybe someone else already listed them or you maybe want to scan the chapters. If not I don't think they bother much... Its just thigs like he instead of a she, or on't instead of a won't, nothing to big :)

In addition I loved Leo. And I have to admit in shame that I don't remember meeting him while playing... But how he is so literate and wise and somehow a guide for Jason is really sweet :)

And the idea of having so many people rise to save Jason was wonderful! I understand your concept of him feeling just like a weapon, I think most game heros in real-life would feel that way somehow, and showing this character that, even tough people turned into sometimes taking him and his actions for granted, they value him for more than that and also look out for him if everything turnes out for the worst was so sweet and kind, it made me soooo happy to read it :)

So I'm gonna sleep finally and definitely add this story to my favourites. And in the next days I will read the rest of your works :)
Isabelle
GcNm chapter 29 . 9/2/2014
Just read it all in one sitting, which speaks to the quality of the fic; naturally, I hated every moment of it and found no redeeming qualities, please desist from writing immediately and delete your account (sarcastic face goes here).

So yes, I did like it a lot, but I did make note of some headscratchers; these are things I've noticed over the entire course of the story condensed into one review, so please don't take offense.

The Lyons Pride search party subplot was kind of tedious for a time, but you got it moving, so that was good.

Leo is handled very well in this fic, I love the whole "philosophical grandfatherly figure who appears at select times throughout the story to offer sagely advice" trope.

Things that I had some mild complaints about:

The whole "no you" thing with Ashur and Jason trading blame for the Pitt's destruction back and forth kind of annoyed me; if there was something threatening Jason and his home, wouldn't Jason do what Ashur had done? Heck, he's probably done it already, most notably with the Enclave, he wouldn't just back down after receiving an ultimatum.

The only difference is that, in his situation, Jason was physically strong enough to defend the things he loved, so it seems to boil down to "Jason is morally superior because he is stronger". At the end of the day, Ashur did make a choice, but so did Jason; his justification seems very glossed over considering that a love story starts to form in the very next chapter, with the Lawful Good crusader for justice Sarah Lyons apparently having no further complaints about his behavior other than "well, maybe you didn't need to doom an entire city comprised mostly of slaves and an innocent baby".

I like edgy antiheroes; I like writing edgy antiheroes, but I simply cannot see an antihero in this vein having a happy ending, Karma Houdini's kind of irk me.

Though there is some redemption for Ashur in this chapter, so all in all, a great way to end a tragic villain.

Okay, going to read your next fic now, all in all, great story!
MorganShepard chapter 28 . 4/6/2014
Man, you've portrayed Gallows amazingly. Combined with your good writing skills and you should make a whole story dedicated to only him :D
MorganShepard chapter 22 . 4/6/2014