Reviews for Teardrop On The Fire
anna marie chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
i just wasted seven hours of my life reading this, and though i absolutely admire u for how beautifully this is written, i am terribly disappointed and distraught at the plot of this story, i recommend you revise the summary; it makes the reader-though it may be just me- assume that Julia is in fact Bella. i realized this a chapter back but i was seriously hoping i was wrong...but alas, it seems as though my hopes were, in a dramatic sense, crushed. im sorry but i cannot continue reading this.
DarkTwilight129 chapter 12 . 11/25/2012
i cant read this...! I want Edward to love Julia soo badly! Im sorry ...I just can't...T.T
DarkTwilight129 chapter 7 . 11/25/2012
...so confused...:( i thought that this was a ExB story? im very disappointed...T.T, Ur summary made it seem that Julia was Bella...
DarkTwilight129 chapter 5 . 11/25/2012
it seems to me that they are in love and yet they are unconsciously refusing to accept their true feelings towards each other. it seems to be a never ending cycle of love, loss, and pain caused by none other than their ignorance...
DarkTwilight129 chapter 2 . 11/25/2012
so... Julia IS Bella?
iChaos chapter 12 . 9/21/2012
I cannot reconcile my feelings at the end of this fic. That entire story was written beautifully and the character portrayals were rendered with incredible realism, but I have never been so disappointed or bewildered after reading a fanfiction.

I just don't get it, which is a shame because I think I must be missing something fundamental about the whole thing.
iChaos chapter 11 . 9/21/2012
While the alternate perspective of Edward from Julia's POV is certainly interesting, it only becomes more heartbreaking with each chapter. Two things especially stand out to me about this update.

The comment that Edwards makes comparing Julia & Bella was one of the most cruel and blatantly ignorant statements that I have ever seen attributed to his character. How is it possible that he doesn't understand how awful that must have been for Julia to hear? The longer this goes on, the more flabbergasted I become with the sheer selfishness that Edward continues to display. Everything is about him, all of the time. He was the one to seek out Julia, only to reject her when she wouldn't capitulate to his whims. Later, he commits to Bella and then quits when the going gets tough.

Now he is clearly trying to have his cake & eat it too. This is not fair to Julia or Bella, and the self-absorbed bastard doesn't deserve either of them. I have always been a fan of Edward, but because of this fic I am finally starting to see why some people don't like him.
iChaos chapter 10 . 9/21/2012
I'm still at a major loss to understand what is the point of Julia. Not to be crass, but all the character has done is to add yet another layer of angst to the Twilight story with no apparent resolution. On the bright side though, it is quite refreshing to see Edward make an even bigger ass of himself than ever.
iChaos chapter 9 . 9/21/2012
Emo Edward, foolish Bella, blah blah blah... we already know that story.

What I want to know about is this: Daniel, and what he really feels towards Julia. It occurs to me that although Julia may well have fallen in love with the companionship that Edward offered her so many years ago, they really aren't very compatible apart from a shared appreciation of the arts. Vampire psyche being what it is though, Julia may not have realized how much more suited to her personality and lifestyle Daniel is compared to Edward. In all fairness, Edward does posses some fine qualities and a sensitive nature that match up very well with Bella. Unfortunately, once Julia made up her mind that Edward was it for her, it is going to take something even more compelling to alter that perception.
iChaos chapter 8 . 9/21/2012
True love is the most wicked motivation there is. What else could possibly cause Julia to endure Edward now? Why would she choose to assist him, and why hasn't it occurred to her that the best move at this point would be to simply let nature take it's course. One way or another, Bella is not long for this world and when she does finally perish there would be nothing to stop her & Edward from finally getting together.

Unless of course Bella is changed, at which point Julia will spend the rest of her existence in torment. That flat out sucks (no pun intended).
iChaos chapter 7 . 9/21/2012
That chapter leaves me completely flummoxed. I just do not know what to make of that. Why torment Julia like this? For that matter, what is the purpose for even creating this character in the first place?

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to sound critical. I'm just trying to decipher what role she has to play.
iChaos chapter 6 . 9/21/2012
This story is one of those rare (and breathtakingly well articulated, I might add) character studies that really captivate the imagination. The dynamic between Julia & Edward is quite compelling, and it was heartbreaking to discover just how deeply Julia loves him.

Sad as that is, there is direct canon evidence that one vampire (Victoria) can fall in love with another (James) even if the feelings are not returned. The difference is that Edward is a class act, and James is a pig.

Nevertheless, I don't think I would mind too much if Julia and Edward were to get together - even at the expense of Bella. I mean, sometimes a change of pace is a good thing right?
Noble Korhedron chapter 17 . 9/3/2012
No worries about the violence warnings. This was a pretty damn interesting story. Pity you never got any awards...
Noble Korhedron chapter 16 . 9/3/2012
L.O.L at "Gah-bree-elee" with the "yummy Latin accent"! :-P
Noble Korhedron chapter 15 . 9/3/2012
The OT's were interesting. I'm moving on to the future-shots...